Recent content by beckylou

  1. beckylou

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Heh Dana! Hockey night in Canada...... Excellent. My increase in activity over the past few days has given me one sore leg.....top of thigh, a wierd one on the side (deep) and even big toe. Forcing a rest and a booze free week!
  2. beckylou

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Aye? Ok, so I am sure there is a range of recovery that is normal but haven't you been experiencing an increase in pain without increased activity? I'm glad you've had your OS visit and hope it's given you some peace of mind. If you aren't satisfied then seek a second opinion.
  3. beckylou

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Ahhh perfecto! That will be a relief to get sorted. Good luck z
  4. beckylou

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Emoji descriptions? Back to the olden days of using our words. Lolza @danabanana I think you should get yourself to the Drs ASAP. Increased pain should be investigated. I know it could be a host of things but if it is an infection you want to knock that on the head!
  5. beckylou

    THR Old hip, new sensation!

    Hi...almost 6 week update! Thanks @Layla sunny high of 30 here today. Last week's blip is a distant memory. Finish the antibiotics and working on rebuilding my gut with healthy eating and probiotics. At 7 weeks.... I haven't had pain killers or used walking aids for the past 5 days. I'm...
  6. beckylou

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    @Josephine I'm interested to know what you think of Dana's pain. I had similar experience and would be great to get a expert opinion.
  7. beckylou

    THR Spasms and icy weather<'

    hahaha @Descant! I am imagining you sitting oh so gingerly
  8. beckylou

    THR Spasms and icy weather<'

    Hi @Descant Just a quick update. 24 hrs after starting abx and the pain was gone. Incision still tender but not the barbed wire sensation. If it was infected I caught it early, if not I have peace of mind! Win win
  9. beckylou

    THR Old hip, new sensation!

    @lucinda007... I ended up getting antibiotics and within 24hours of starting the pain went away. It could be a coincidence as I had also been resting and icing. Better safe than sorry!
  10. beckylou

    THR Spasms and icy weather<'

    It's pretty gross pain and pain meds don't touch the side of it which leads me to think it's a healing nerves issue. I was fine up up until 4 days ago. In a period of 3 days I stopped using a crutch, increased my walking AND went on a day long adventure in the car. I think the car is what did...
  11. beckylou

    THR Spasms and icy weather<'

    @Descant... I'm glad I found your thread as I am experiencing sonething very similar. I'm almost 6 weeks and after a few days of increased activity my incision site is searing with pain. No heat or redness. I'm thinking of going to the doctors for some antib's but had hoped a fee days rest...
  12. beckylou

    THR Old hip, new sensation!

    Help please!!! 5 weeks 5 days post op. Over the past week I have been increasingly active and not using crutch. Joint feels great BUT.....incision site flared up last night after a huge day out in the car and a long walk. It was slightly swollen and pink but not really sore. I iced it and this...
  13. beckylou

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Cold comfort but @danabanana I have have had a sore but for the past few days and it's terrible. Back on full pain meds and very sore around the entire incision site. Not red, not fevering just tender by the end of the day. I think dropping the walkibg aids and being much more active has just...
  14. beckylou

    THR Old hip, new sensation!

    Heh hippies...5 week update! I've dropped the crutches but will take one when I get out for a long walk. Been for a few swims. Incision still scaby and taking it's sweet time. Back doing all house chores, shopping ect. Have had a social time of outing over the past few days and managing really...
  15. beckylou

    THR Old hip, new sensation!

    @Layla - I've only just seen you message now. 3 months for a swim...how bizarre?! Perhaps to mitigate a falls risk? My OS said ok to and my incision still has scabs. I left it another 10 days and got into a freshwater private pool a few days ago. It made me quite paranoid so yesterday I went...
Back
Top Bottom