Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

@Descant Dabbing, or the dab, is a simple dance move in which a person drops the head into the bent crook of a slanted arm, often while raising the opposite arm in a parallel direction but out straight. Since 2015, it has also been used as a gesture of triumph or playfulness, becoming a youthful American cultural sensation and Internet meme. The move looks similar to someone sneezing into the "inside" of the elbow.
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

:happyfeet::heehee:
 
Hey @danabanana , hope you are doing well. If it's any consolation, I've literally just started skipping nights with the ice pack now. Doing on night with, one night without. I've found the cold is starting to be unpleasant, even with the ice pack wrapped in a pillow case. :friends:
 
Just had a nap. Early morning. Well....he's lifted all my restrictions. Pain is the gauge for limitations. Xray looks perfect so he says my pains on the upper front top and side are healing pains.. The ligaments, tendons, muscle, and tissue.

He said the stabby/sharp pains are scar tissue breaking up and the shooting pains are nerves. He said give it time and lots of walking. He said I'm out of shape and should start rigorous rehab and lots of stairs. LMAAO! Rigorous? Whatever!!!! He frustrates me. But I'm glad the xray looked good.

@Josephine what is your take? I know you are an expert xray reader, so would love and appreciate your thoughts.

[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Aye? Ok, so I am sure there is a range of recovery that is normal but haven't you been experiencing an increase in pain without increased activity?

I'm glad you've had your OS visit and hope it's given you some peace of mind. If you aren't satisfied then seek a second opinion.
 
You've probably got some mixed feelings on this - relief that nothing is obviously wrong, but perhaps still not seeing a clear path towards improvement over what you're currently experiencing. I know I'd be feeling some frustration!
 
I'm not happy about any of this because I feel like something is amiss. That being said, I hope I'm wrong. I'm really hoping Josephine is able to weigh in. But either way, If this doesn't improve, I will go get a second opinion.
 
Oh and on top of this, my left knee is extra sore and crunching. It's been a progressive issue with both knees...the rice Krispie effect. Its really loud now and you can feel it when you have your hand on my knee when I bend it. It grossed hubby out! So I've been icing it for swelling and pain relief. OS seemed unconcerned, saying "just Exercise" *insert eye roll here*
 
Your report sounds great @danabanana I am farther along than you and still have those pains but less intense. A second opinion never hurts but.... Honey I don't know when she will be back but I saw around Josephine is away from the boards...she WILL get to you honest ASAP trust me on that
 
Being in so much in bad weather is hard I walked the house like pacing for over or around half an hour once I got in..... MORE exercise sweetie not crazy but walking is great for you
 
Dana, I feel your frustration, sweetie.
While it's nice to have confirmation the x-ray looks good, there has to be an
answer to your pain. It sounds quite intense at times.

Your doc seems quite dismissive. His lack of concern and pat answer would
have me considering a second opinion also.
Hopefully Josephine will weigh in soon and have some direction for you to help in
addressing the pain. Its difficult to see you suffering this much at two months post op.
Wishing you sound sleep and sweet dreams!
 
I’m in agreement with Layla @danabanana. I understand why you are frustrated. Let’s hope he is right and it is just the way your body is healing. Personally don’t go for the vigorous rehab. Maybe just something with stretches?
 
I'm glad the X-ray looks good, but am disappointed to hear the OS wasn't more supportive and attentive to your concerns. I hope that Josephine can provide some insights and as others have said a 2nd opinion certainly wouldn't hurt.
 
It really is "wine o clock" in Sydney. 4:02 pm Friday / 11:02 pm Thursday here
That always cracks me up :rotfl: I'm easily amused, what can I say....
@Susan209
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom