Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

It's scary the first time they get something like that! My first woke at 3 am at 6 months with a scream and a 103.5 temp. Definitely scared me! That was roseola as well.

I hope you get some rest tonight! Not sleeping is the pits. It just makes everything seem that much worse.
 
Thank you @SaraK this sleep deprivation is the pits for sure! I'm tired and stir crazy. I did talk to hubby about venturing out on Sat, letting me drive. He's fine with that...he's just not keen on me going alone for awhile until I'm more steady on my feet. His rotation in the ER recently has been filled with hip and lower body injuries due to slipping. Usually this time of year it's mainly ski related injuries. It's treacherous out around here. So anyhow....he just wants me to have someone with me. I'm totally fine with that....last thing I need is to be slipping!!!!
Anyhow....so...now I'm looking forward to a driving adventure. It'll be a short distance....milk and egg run...but watch out world, I'm gonna burn rubber! Hahaha :driver:
 
Hi Dana, I'm sorry you're still suffering. I don't even know what to say. Simply put...I'm very sorry :console2:

I'm glad your daughter received a diagnosis for that little pumpkin. As mom's we know how scary it can be when our babies are ill. I remember many sleepless nights worrying about my little ones while they were sick. Those crazy rashes kids get can throw you for a loop as a new mom.

Prayers that you soon get the answers you're seeking, that you have a restful night's sleep and that all begins to took up for you. :prayer:
@danabanana
 
@Susan209 that makes me feel better. Ah we are lucky ladies to be so well cared for. I'm just used to being more independent. I can least mange my own socks now!! :heehee:

Thank you sweet @Layla I'm sure it will all come in time. In the meantime....thankfully I have peeps like you in my corner cheering me on! :yay:
 
Last edited:
Dana - I think you're going to find it so much better once you can drive some. LLD won't matter behind the wheel and just being able to expand your universe without having to rely on someone else to get there will make a difference. As @Layla has said about her own driving - knowing you can makes a difference even if you don't exercise that ability! Just be careful!
 
@SaraK that's pretty much verbatim what I said to hubby. I think he had imagined that I'd be wanting to run all over the city, all the time...like someone on jail break...once given the green light to drive. Haha
 
Creative!! Elegance may improve? Did you ever ask a Josephine about your thigh pain? Miserable nights you’re having. I’m wondering if Traumeel cream would help your thigh pain @danabanana. It’s not available on Amazon in UK although is on Amazon US. I had to buy on eBay and came from Poland. Fabulous cream and I’m very excited because I hadn’t realised I could use on incision line and it has already helped me.

Is your lower abdominal pain from Crohns? I guess only you will know the pattern of that. Make sure you put grips on when walking to car. They have cancelled all routine hip surgery in my local because of all the falls earlier in a December. You will feel great if you can get out and drive and then as suggested phone a friend, have a nap or get back to the crocheting.
 
@Descant I did tag Jo but haven't heard back yet. The new year probably has her busy playing catch up.

I had to Google up the cream you mentioned as I've not heard of or seen it.....looks like it's similar to the Volteran gel I do use, which does bring a bit of soothing initially. I feel like if I could just dunk into a giant vat of it though, marinate myself in it, it would work longer. :heehee:

My abdominal pain is my Crohns....fortunately/unfortunately.... Fortunate I know this, unfortunate it's an issue. I have to give it until the end of January to see if now being back on the Humira is going to help. If I'm still feeling like this at that time, then I'll need to call my GI Specialist and get labs done to check for antibodies. Hoping it doesn't come to that. :fingersx:
 
Last edited:
Cold comfort but @danabanana I have have had a sore but for the past few days and it's terrible. Back on full pain meds and very sore around the entire incision site. Not red, not fevering just tender by the end of the day. I think dropping the walkibg aids and being much more active has just flared things up NEXT LEVEL!
 
Well the good thing about Traumeel cream @danabanana is that it is homeopathic. Therefore it carries none of the risks of a NSAID. The main thing though is that it works and looking at Amazon reviews gives you a better picture of it.

None of the hip replacement advice suggests:-
* Make sure that you’re snowed in
*. Try and have another tricky medical condition to cope with
*. Ask your daughter to have a new baby and then the poor little mite have a temperature and rash

Let us know how hubby gets on with your driving!
 
None of the hip replacement advice suggests:-
* Make sure that you’re snowed in
*. Try and have another tricky medical condition to cope with
*. Ask your daughter to have a new baby and then the poor little mite have a temperature and rash
@Descant you made me roll with laughter. :loll:
I needed that! So true, so true, soooo true!!!

I googled some more, because I'm in Canada eh, and found that I may be able to get that cream at Walmart and if not, I can go check the local Store that sells all the organic, granola crunching, yoga doing, Zen finding, vegan/raw eating, homoeopathic peopley stuff!:heehee:
 
Sorry you are having such ups and downs @danabanana. Hopefully things straighten around soon. Knowing you can drive will be helpful. Just keep working on the walking around the house with your cane, concentrate on heel to toe and standing straight. Hope you are able to get some sleep.
 
I can go check the local Store that sells all the organic, granola crunching, yoga doing, Zen finding, vegan/raw eating, homoeopathic peopley stuff!
This made me laugh because these are my peeps! I work for a trade association in the natural products industry, so pretty much all my business contacts are like this - all very nice people I will say. I was telling one of my contacts about my recovery and he advised that I get some acupuncture to help speed the healing. I think if he lived closer to me he would have been at my house to do it himself!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom