Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Hehehe @jlsotr that's brilliant! Let's cross those fingers and toes (not legs, cuz that's a post-op New Hip No-No! Haha) because if there's any GPS I will have a 3 yr old stage temper tantrum! Or....find a new family! :rofsign:
 
Aw @MyAussieGirl thank you, croaks and all!! :roseshwr:

Thank you @GrannyC you are right...honestly I've never been impressed with my birthday. As a kid especially! Too close to Christmas....cold and miserable out. Bleck! I was always jealous of my friends able to have beach parties....but then on their side, they were jealous of snow fun and people being around to come rather than away on holidays. Grass is always greener...blah blah blah. :heehee:
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU sending best wishes from across the pond:flwrysmile: hope things start to get easier for you from now on you deserve a break :yes:
 
Happy Hippy Birthday, Dana! lots of Vino and choccie with some ice-cream for good measure sand banish anyone from your queendom that dares to put on grumpypants! :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::beer:
 
Happy Birthday, Dana! A birthday flower for you :flwrysmile:
My birthday wish for you is to receive answers and gain pain relief.
Once you get through this rough patch, you'll be on your way....ready to conquer the world :yes!:
I hear "Forty Two is the new Thirty!" You wear it well, Dana.
Warm wishes for a wonderful birthday and coming year! Sending hugs and love your way :friends: :loveshwr:
@danabanana
 
Happy Birthday, you young thing! Stay warm and have some adult beverages while under a pile of blankets. Cake and wine are a winning combination. Have fun!
 
Happy Birthday Dana...hope you are hanging in there.
I believe Jo has had to take a brief sabbatical from BS...we forget sometimes there are real people behind the BS staff , life happens and she is not intentionally ignoring you. Will see if see can get some insight from some way more smarter than me. :scratch:
 
How is our @danabanana today....
I hope better, or are you just hanging in there
waiting for next week to hurry and get here?
Hugs to you, Dana :console2:
 
Thank you everyone! :loveshwr:
There were some good moments yesterday....all of you, some dear friends messages, my sons and their thoughtfulness, my daughter texting me and grandbaby videos, my hubby and his valiant effort to put unexpected family drama aside because life doesn't stop for a Birthdays. In light of the latter, we are having a do-over Birthday Saturday evening. Friends are going to come over for snacks and wobbly pops, cake and treats. :yes!:

I'm coping with my hip pain. It's tender to touch but nothing sharp and alarming. Counting down to my upcoming OS appt on the 18th.
 
I was thinking about your hip pain @danabanana and had a couple of thoughts. First, you said you were going to use your cane more. If you have started using the cane more, can you notice any difference in the pain level?

I know you have an appt coming up next week which is great and hopefully they will be able to answer your questions about the pain. If not, I don't know how insurance or your coverage in Canada works but I'm wondering if you could get another opinion from a different OS? If there are other good OS in your area, you might be able to find one who is not so big on PT and might have a different opinion about why you have this pain still.

I was glad to read the pain isn't anything sharp or alarming but more tender to the touch. I am certainly no medical person but you are less than two months out from surgery so it seems like this could still be the healing that is going on inside. Or from too much activity each day. So many thoughts on this although I really don't know all the pertinent info so best you get the advice of your doctor. Hang in there as it will get better.

I'm glad you have the birthday do-over to look forward to on Sat. It sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy! :cheers:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom