Recent content by bball78

  1. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @tiredwife Do you have a motel/hotel near by with a pool? If so check with them, they may allow you to use their pools. I live near a small city that has a hotel that allows people to use their pool for exercise for $3.00 a day. For me the pool was a big help for both my knees! @marmora...
  2. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    Cathie, You are correct with the stairs.....going up is pretty easy....going down can be a little tough. I finished my out- patient p.t. today. :yes!: I still need to work on my strength a little more, but he was happy with everything else. He did give me some new stretches to help with the...
  3. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Yep still around:) Seven weeks...hard to believe! My rehab is going well, my main problem is cramping in 2 very angry muscles behind my knee. This rehab has been a little different from my first TKR, exercises are going well, just can't get those muscles behind my knee to let loose...
  4. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    Hi @marmora! It's hard to believe we are going to be 4 weeks out this Thursday. Glad to hear you are home and hope you are continuing to make progress. School starts here next Monday, hoping to start half days after I see my doctor on the 18th....we'll see. Sorry I haven't be updating but our...
  5. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora We are definitely on the same page in our recovery, I made 5 rotations on my bike today also!:biking: What a great feeling and how loose my knee felt after! Keep up the great work and it won't be long before we are both back to our "normal-selves"....LOL. I am anxiously waiting for...
  6. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Sounds like your weekend was good. My was pretty uneventful. I have p.t. coming again tomorrow and the nurse on Tuesday for another blood test. Then Wednesday, first appt. with my surgeon to have my staples removed and first x-rays! That tight band feeling is normal, but really...
  7. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Keep us posted! Get a good night sleep, things always look better in the morning. @tiredwife My recovery is going well. Doing my p.t., walking, icing, taking my pain meds.....trying not to over do my exercises (I can push myself too hard at times).....I am bending at 107. So far...
  8. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Hi, sounds like you are right on track! You will have good days and "bad" days. Keep positive! Better go my p.t. person is here! I hope everyone has a great day!:sneaker:
  9. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora How is day 3 post-op going? I used Benedryl the last time also and in the hospital, another effect is it will help you sleep alittle. Better go my home p.t./nurse is here! I hope everyone has an awesome day! :flwrysmile:
  10. bball78

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Hi, sounds like your surgery went well!:) My surgery went well also, I am home sitting in my recliner icing and taking it easy! Our recoveries so far sound very familiar, except for the George Clooney....LOL @harleysbud Hope your surgery went as well! My surgery was at 10:30 back...
  11. bball78

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Good luck to all the July Sparklers who are yet to have their surgeries! This time tomorrow, I will be have my new knee and ready to begin life on the "other side"! :flwrysmile: Best of luck to everyone! Now it's time to just sit back and relax and hopefully get some sleep tonight! :yawn:
  12. bball78

    Left TKR on 17 July

    :bored:I am trying to keep busy so time goes faster! I have cleaned my house, finished my classroom, filled the freezer, the only thing left is to finish some lawn work then pack. I have things I can still do for school, but my mind is just not there anymore:sorry:....LOL........hopefully...
  13. bball78

    Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora....3 days left and by this time Thursday, we both should be resting comfortably with our surgeries over! :) :spin: @harleysbud Best of luck with your surgery on Friday! I did not have a MRI with this knee, but I did before my other RTKR in May of 2013. Keep positive thoughts...
  14. bball78

    20 days and counting!

    Less than a week! :happydance:
  15. bball78

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    @marmora Less than a week ago for us:wave:! My first surgery went well and expect the same this time, but people keep telling me not to expect it to go as smoothly, but why shouldn't I! My surgeon is awesome, so I am expecting things to go as well as the first surgery. :yes!: !!! My advice...
Back
Top Bottom