Guest viewing is limited

TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hi: @Roselover @dressagequeen
Hello to you both, you had your TKR on 8July -so nearing your nor month anniversary of being on the other side !:yay:
Just wondering on how things are with you ?

Also @dressagequeen really have you in my thoughts, as this week is The RDS Dublin Horse Show - which is held about a five minute walk from my house - so the area is filled with horse boxes, competitors, attendees, and all manner of 'horsey' things.
We usually attend every year and I particularly enjoy watching the Dressage competitions. :horseriding:

@Roselover ~ hope that you are continuing to make progress :flwrysmile: Here's a flower for you, although not a rose.
Got a bouquet of a dozen roses on Thursday from a good friend, so that put you in my thoughts, as I also love roses.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie x
 
I have been away for a few days too. I think quite a few others seem to have taken some time off as well.
Some of my time has been with grandchildren. :roseshwr: So I am NOT complaining.

I am still in the process of getting to surgery. If has become when, not if, but the when is not certain yet. But there is nothing like the experiences of people who have actually taken the journey. So I totally agree with yr comment that only bone smarties can truly understand.

So I am v thankful to have read yr story and to have followed yr progress. People share so openly here and so honestly. I think that is quite courageous and utterly invaluable for us still progressing towards the inevitable.

So here's to yr continuing progress. More power to you :beer: And many thanks for being so generous with your comments.
Luvlorl
 
Hi @marmora!
It's hard to believe we are going to be 4 weeks out this Thursday. Glad to hear you are home and hope you are continuing to make progress. School starts here next Monday, hoping to start half days after I see my doctor on the 18th....we'll see. Sorry I haven't be updating but our community suffered a horrible accident and we lost 4 of our students (soon to be freshmen) so I have been a little preoccupied and I was having trouble getting on the site. I am bending at 112 and my extension is great. I really only have pain at night, a "stupid" cramp like pain on the outside of my knee where the ITband connects.....hopefully that will go away soon. Otherwise I am progressing nicely!
I hope everyone else is doing well and making progress! :flwrysmile: Remember, ice, elevate, and rest!
 
Hello @bball78
My deep condolences on the tragic loss of four young lives. In a small community people are bound by ties. & friendships that are deeply affected with such tragedy.

I took early retirement from teaching on 31August 2013 - 2012 & 2013, I was in hospital more than at my job
(Hysterectomy, bowel surgery, cataract surgery L&R eyes, L knee arthroscopy, and left foot surgery).
I still keep I touch with 4 of my teaching friends on an almost weekly basis. And the we have firmed a first Friday of the month 'Latte Club' for anyone who has retired-we meet once a month for coffee and at chat a a hotel downtown for about an hour or so. Some a months, there may be only 3-4 people and some months 15-20. No obligation, just come along and meet & chat. I have even meet some teachers who had retired before I had started working in that school.

Knee wise, my extension is still about 95% . I will have my first out patient PT session on Wed with a physio that I have been attending for many years and then on 20 August will start a once a week for 5 weeks"knee PT " group class at the hospital where I had my surgery. See my OS on Tuesday 26 August. Using one crutch in the house & more times none - but 2 crutches when taking my daily 3x/20 minute walks.

That's all my catch-up.
Take care and good luck with heading back to school!
Cathie
 
:hi: @lorl Hope that your "when " becomes a date on your calendar soon! I also found reading the posts on BoneSmart very helpful & inspiring when waiting for my surgery and now especially reading the posts after my TKR.
I lived and taught secondary school in Sydney in 1974/1975 in Carlingford. It was my first teaching job after graduating from college and I was just 22. Loved my time there.
Years later, at different times 2 of my sons also lived in Sydney for a while, as many Irish do-when they left college.
And in 2008 we went over for about 6 weeks (with 12 days in NewZealand) to visit one of our sons and it was great to return.
One son now lives in Norway and recently married his Norwegian wife that he met when they were both working in Sydney. And the other son lives in NYC with his Peruvian girlfriend that he met when he left Australia & was working in the Philippines. My third son lives and works in Dublin and has a lovely Irish girlfriend.

I envy you having grandchildren and hope that it won't be too long until we have some in our family.

Take care and hope your surgery date comes soon and know that you will have support here before, during and after.
Cathie:flwrysmile:
 
:hi: @Yorkimom
Hi Anne, Just checking in to say 'hello ' .

You have about a month now to your LTKR on 19 September. Wonder if it is easier knowing what to expect the second time around ?

Think I overdid the walking today and am currently icing, elevating and taken an Oxynorm to relieve the throbbing pain. But, will pace myself better tomorrow.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
:hi: @kneeper
The sun was shining when I left my house and a rainy downpour was predicted for the afternoon. I had only intended a 10 minute walk in one direction & then turn around and 10 minute back home.
But, lovely sunny day so continued to walk for 25 minute to our local Village Green & rang a friend to meet me in one of the coffee shops surrounding the Green for a coffee ( still decaf for me) and a chat and a 30 minute rest before walking back home.
Think that it was the two 25 minute walks/ using my two canes that tired me out.

:chillpill: Back home and rested& elevated& icing with 2 Tylnex and slept soundly for 90 minutes until the phone woke me.
After dinner short 15 minute walk with husband in our local park and now again :chillpill: And catching up on BoneSmart posts.

Will pace myself better on Tuesday,

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora Hi, just checking in on you. Got to watch that overdoing it! Everyone is guilty of it at one time or the other. That sounds like a long walk! How many miles was it? Have a great day!
 
@tiredwife
:walking:I don't measure distance, but was told by the PT in the rehab centre that I should plan on 3 twenty to twenty-five walks each day using both canes.
I had a long term bend in the operated knee after previous surgery, so this is to help with the straightening of that leg.

Maybe this is also the reason for my 3 daily naps! :chillpill:
Cathie
 
:hi:
@Gingiebot
Just wondering how you are, as I haven't seen any recent posts from you .
Thinking of you with warm thoughts.

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
We havent forgotten you!
Sorta like joining a new tribe isnt it!

I dont post unless I have something to say. Realised I havent let you know I was still reading your thread and watching out for your journey.
Still think that rehab ctr sounds more like a resort retreat. Very envious !
 
:hi: Wednesday 13th was a good day. Up about 8 am ( awake at 2& 4:30 am for toilet and to refresh icy in cryo cuff).

After breakfast did about 9 minutes on my floor pedal bike and a few leg stretches and then headed off walking to my first out-patient PT session ( about 25 minute slow walk with my 2 crutches).
I have been going to this PT for over 10/12 years for various injuries and really like her. Session was good and she gave me some new exercises, got ROM to 95% and happy with that.

Had arranged for a friend to collect me from PT and bring me home, :chillpill: and :ice: For about an hour.
And then the girl who usually does my gel nails called to the house and now my newly French polished gels are an asset to my two canes.

In hospital I had threaded light green ribbons into the holes on the canes for a bit if fun and when people see my decorated canes it brings them a laugh :loll:Adds a touch of glamour and helps to put a spring into my step !

Heading off to sleep, hope that everyone else has a good night.
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora for some reason I didn't get an alert to the above tag. Guess all the kinks aren't worked out on the site yet. Anyway, enjoy all that walking! 95 is great! Need to see a photo of your cane and nails! You have a great night, and have another good day tomorrow!
 
@tiredwife
Another day of walking and at home PT along with :chillpill: and :ice:. Felling less stiff and the tight band around the leg is lessening.

Hope your day went well.
Cathie:flwrysmile:
 
@marmora That tight band feeling just magically disappeared on my hubby's first knee. One moment there, next moment gone. Think he was cooking dinner at the time. It takes time, but it will go away. It happened on day 56 for him. (week 8). It was the day after he used the elliptical machine at PT, don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom