2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 14 @Boxwood (bilateral)
02 July14 @wnygal, @mdyou (her first)
03 July 14 @71Beetle (her second)
07 July 14 @knees (her first)
08 July 14 @Roselover, @mark2667 (bilateral), @dressagequeen, @Bigededdies
09 July 14 @madinana, @bichonmom (her second)
10 July 14 @vma, @Snooz
14 July 14 @Monah, @Betsy-Knees-7-2014, @doingmykneenext, @Gamma LLM, @DCgirl, @2stooges (her first)
15 July 14 @jsm, @kdennis
16 July 14 @Pipt (her second), @Lu.winslow (bilateral), @Reebok, @lumix (revision-partial to total), @Rockstar (bilateral), @2newknees (her second)
17 July 14 @bball78 (her second), @marmora
18 July 14 @CustomTKR, @harleysbud
21 July 14 @DianeJ, @Dosbichons, @Crazy Cats (her first partial)
22 July 14 @thequiltermom
23 July 14 @Racey60, @yorkhannah
24 July 14 @Anothertexan
25 July 14 @scstampin, @abe faxman
28 July 14 @samatney, @meechmom, @Daystar, @Iansmom
29 July 14 @gr82cu2, @ConnieJOS
31 July 14 @Krynn49 (her second), @ATPlus
 
On my pre-surgery summer bucket list. Hobbled around an art fair, farmers market, went out on a boat and a scenic chair lift on vacation this week. Next week will start the surgery, house-bound part of summer!
 
@Crazy Cats Welcome to the group! I'm having my first knee done July 28. The second one will depend on what happens with the first one.

@2newknees I had a clever response to your post. At least I think it was, but I completely forgot it while writing to Crazy Cats. :heehee:
 
@marmora Less than a week ago for us:wave:!

My first surgery went well and expect the same this time, but people keep telling me not to expect it to go as smoothly, but why shouldn't I! My surgeon is awesome, so I am expecting things to go as well as the first surgery. :yes!: !!!

My advice is to read the articles on this site and follow doctor's orders! I didn't find this site until a month or two after my first surgery, I was just surfing the net when I came across this site and all the great advice. Wished I had seen it before!

My biggest advice is take your pain meds on a regular schedule and make sure you have a p.t. person you feel comfortable with and an trust. My p.t. was awesome, he wasn't part of my insurance company (so I paid out of pocket for my p.t.), but he was worth it. He also works with the athletic trainer at the school I coach at, so I knew him before and had seen him before my surgery. I only had 3 appointments with him after my surgery, they were for 90 minutes each, I was very dedicated with my exercises, which is probably one reason I only had 3 appts. with him. As soon as your doctor gives you the okay.....getting water walking!:swim:

Good luck, I'll be with you in spirit also! Stay positive, have some fun, and get some rest before the big day! I never regretted having my other knee replaced !

bball78:wave:
 
@bball78 Your post was just what I needed this morning, as feeling a bit of a flutter about next Thursday. Do believe in the power of positive thinking and your experience of your first surgery with your OS and PT have been very good going into the next surgery. My insurance will pay half towards 7 PT sessions/ year. I have a PT that I have been going to for over 10 years on and off, as the knee got bad and have great faith in her.
Thank you again for your message and I will be following you and best wishes for next Thursday. :flwrysmile:
 
Fingers crossed in in on the same day as @Racey60 for my first custom RTKR. Currently in a constant flux between being terrified and so excited I could be sick - bit like waiting in the queue for a roller coaster and hopefully, as with them, on the other side I'll be shakey on my feet but thrilled I did it :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi I'm having surgery tomorrow July 14th. I've been in so much pain and tried everything so when I had to schedule surgery my initial reaction has been that I'm enroute to easing the pain. Now I'm getting nervous. I'm also very independent and get a little frustrated at having to depend on others for basic daily living.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm having a PKR revision to a LTKR on July 31. I'll wait 5 days and then I'll have a RTKR. I'm beginning to get very nervous, but have gained so much from BoneSmart. Just the pain and limitations that lie ahead!
 
Have spent the day organizing my "recovery room". Have comfy clothes, pills, Chapstick, magazines, etc. ready to go. Started to ice water bottles for chiller machine. Organized bathroom with just essentials I will need rigt after surgery. Hoping round two goes as smoothly as round one. Has first knee done in early May. Anybody else getting ready for surgery this week?
 
Thank you! Surgery is at 6:45, hospital 1 hour away will be an early morning!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom