2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@2stooges, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 14 @Boxwood (bilateral)
02 July14 @wnygal, @mdyou (her first)
03 July 14 @71Beetle (her second)
07 July 14 @knees (her first)
08 July 14 @Roselover, @mark2667 (bilateral), @dressagequeen, @Bigededdies
09 July 14 @madinana, @bichonmom (her second)
10 July 14 @vma, @Snooz
14 July 14 @Monah, @Betsy-Knees-7-2014, @doingmykneenext, @Gamma LLM, @DCgirl, @2stooges (her first)
15 July 14 @jsm, @kdennis
16 July 14 @Pipt (her second), @Lu.winslow (bilateral), @Reebok, @lumix (revision-partial to total), @Rockstar (bilateral), @2newknees (her second)
17 July 14 @bball78 (her second), @marmora
18 July 14 @CustomTKR, @harleysbud
21 July 14 @DianeJ, @Dosbichons, @Crazy Cats (her first partial), @Epic_Ed (bilateral partials), @Caloparker (her second)
22 July 14 @thequiltermom
23 July 14 @Racey60, @yorkhannah
24 July 14 @Anothertexan
25 July 14 @scstampin, @abe faxman
28 July 14 @samatney, @meechmom, @Daystar, @Iansmom, @GHealy
29 July 14 @gr82cu2, @ConnieJOS
31 July 14 @Krynn49 (her second), @ATPlus
 
I'm at the hospital now waiting to be taken in for surgery. I'm having TKR in one knee. Didn't get much sleep spent most of the night prepping my home. I've been working like crazy and unfortunately had a lot to do at the last minute.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sitting here reading everything I can. My surgery is Wednesday morning, and I must say, I am starting to get scared to death! I am on and off the fence about if I should go to rehab. I finally decided that I will just go and if it's not helpful, I will go home and recover. I am so glad I found this site, it is so helpfull! I am looking forward to not waddling!
 
Healing thoughts and positive energy coming to all of us having surgery this week. I have to keep remembering that I'm doing this for my soon to be enhanced quality of life. Live life to the fullest and this isn't happening with my knee in it's current state. So here's to all of us overcoming the hurdles and moving forward to being our best selves yet.
 
:flwrysmile: @Lu.winslow @Pipt @Reebok @lumix
Best wishes for Wednesday and wishing you well,looking forward to reading your recovery posts.

It is a little daunting what we are facing with our TKRs, but there is great support from those on the BoneSmart forum. I know now how important, rest, ice and elevate are to recovery.
 
How are you coming along @marmora? Is your house spotless yet? I had a frenzied day and really want some time to be able to relax before surgery...although that might not happen. Going to bed and hoping for a good night's sleep. Hopefully I won't be posting at 3am again.
 
I can't seem to go to sleep again, it's 10 pm and all is done. Ready for my 4:30am wake up call! It's hard to sleep when it's 100 degrees outside still! Well I hope all of us sparklers make to the other side!
 
Good luck to all the July Sparklers who are yet to have their surgeries! This time tomorrow, I will be have my new knee and ready to begin life on the "other side"! :flwrysmile:
Best of luck to everyone!

Now it's time to just sit back and relax and hopefully get some sleep tonight!
:yawn:
 
I am a July Sparkler? I love sparklies! My RTKR is 21 July, the 3 month anniversary of my LTKR. Getting my room ready, maybe some shopping, paying bills. Anxious some, but resigned. I had a very good post op report on my one knee. It feels strong. I am trusting God. Whatever happens, good/difficult, first passes through the fingers of His hand in which He holds me. I've had my tears, that's for sure. However, I can see how improved my left knee is! I see walks on the beach, visits to museums, walking for causes I believe in, takings grands to the water park.....and and and!!!!! May all the sparklers have successful surgeries and healthy recoveries!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
@CustomTKR best wishes going out to you today.
I am one day post-op, glad that the wait is finally over and the stress of waiting gone.
On to recovery !
Again best wishes and looking forward to your post when you are the other side. :flwrysmile:
 
@DianeJ
@Dosbichons
@Crazy Cats @Epic_Ed

Hi! I'm Cathy. I will also be having surgery 21 July. This is for my right knee. Three months ago I had my left knee done. Both TKRs. If this is your first, I hope to encourage you. It is not easy, but it is worth it. I look forward to sharing what we learn and our experiences. Enjoy the weekend!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom