Recent content by AndyH99

  1. AndyH99

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Blimey, two years already! It is scary reading back on our threads at the time, but you know what, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat to get to the position I'm in now. May you and your hips have many a comfortable anniversary. Have fun Andy
  2. AndyH99

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    Hi, Check up was interesting if only for the huge thunderstorm I watched whilst waiting for hours for the team to catch up with its backlog, and, that the assistant professor I met was an ex-Olympic medalist in rowing. X-rays were clean, everything was sitting where it was supposed to and I...
  3. AndyH99

    Bilateral THR Tony2hips Recovery

    @tony2hips All I can say without expletives is OUCH!, I'm sitting here 10 months on and the thought of the X-ray table and the 2nd surgery for the slippage gave me cold shivers. I wish you the best of luck getting through this challenging journey and I hope it works out once they fix it. I can...
  4. AndyH99

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    @StaceyJG1 Hi, Despite having no restrictions placed on me by the surgeons I've made some careful changes in my gym work from my old powerlifting days. I still squat and leg press but I keep the weights relatively light and restrict my range of motion to just above the 90 degree mark, I've...
  5. AndyH99

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I've been on, but with my check up tomorrow (the 6 month check got delayed a bit) I got the urge to see how everyone is doing. From my perspective life is brilliant now, whilst I'm careful not to do some of the potentially damaging activities of former years...
  6. AndyH99

    How and can you kneel down after BTHR?

    Hi, One route that might be useful is the garden kneeling stools, so something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-64970-Folding-Seat-Kneeler/dp/B0001K9ZAU/?tag=ate362da-21 About 3 months after my bilateral THR I got so annoyed with my garden that I modified one so that the kneeling...
  7. AndyH99

    THR YAHOO! I made it!

    Congrats on the 6 months, it sure does fly by doesn't it. Hope all is still well and life is fun & pain free. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
  8. AndyH99

    My Journey in Finding the "Right" Surgeon...

    Hi, I've just seen you are taking that next step, in simplicity I wish you all the best for the surgery, an uneventful slow & steady recovery and a day in your future when you've forgot you've had it done. Good luck & don't get too stressed whilst you wait Andy Sent from my iPhone using...
  9. AndyH99

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    @Jaycey Hi, strangely no back pain at all nor knees or anything posture related is aching or leaping out at me. I've even bought new shoes to check the wear pattern and nothing is showing up. The only thing showing anything is the stationary bike work, I have quite a nice bike and it gives me...
  10. AndyH99

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    Good day one and all, I thought I'd wander by as it's coming up to six months post op for me, how time flies. Things are going well, I'm working full time and starting to do the longer journeys with minimal issues (i.e. a few odd aches), the gym work is coming along slowly, but then I'm being...
  11. AndyH99

    Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

    YES!!!! Woohoooo!!!! Major congrats & a great triple of good news. Well deserved & I hope all three behave for you over the coming months. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
  12. AndyH99

    52 and have to decide by tomorrow for early THR/Resurfacing

    Hi, I'm 49 and I had bilateral THR just over 3 months ago. If you want the full history you'll find it in my thread "Doing the double" in the recovery forum. In short, last year my hips went downhill massively from walking to nigh on housebound on two sticks - prior to that I've been active in...
  13. AndyH99

    Bilateral Hip replacement & Ceramic on Ceramic joint

    Hi, Welcome to the site. From my perspective, I had a rapid deterioration of both hips and I had no choice but to have a bilateral THR. However, I am so glad I did it this way, one op, one recovery, one time out from work and critically one major life disturbance with the relief from pain and...
  14. AndyH99

    THR Here we go again...Hip #2 Recovery

    Have you tried using a wedge of some form to sleep on? It might not solve everything but could change the angle your backs at and potentially reduce the pain or at least hold it off for longer. I'm assuming you are already seeing someone to get the back problem itself resolved? Sent from my...
  15. AndyH99

    Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

    @Suzette if you are in that area of Devon and end up near the A30 just outside Exeter I highly recommend this place broken link removed: https://www.jackinthegreen.uk.com/Home for food. I work in Exeter on occasion and love stopping at that place. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
Back
Top Bottom