My Journey in Finding the "Right" Surgeon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@45goingon90
You precious girl, you! Your words are so comforting! I think of you often and send up prayers for you often.
I WISH you could come and get me through this, but I guess I must lean on The Lord since you live so far away...:heehee:
The weather here has been anything but warm (average lows around 30), but I'm sure you're quite a bit colder there! I do notice how the cold weather really affects the pain levels. And if I can feel even 10 years younger I'll be whistling Dixie!
So for now, I'm sending you my virtual hug dear friend.....
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey in Finding the "Right" Surgeon...
 
Hi,

I've just seen you are taking that next step, in simplicity I wish you all the best for the surgery, an uneventful slow & steady recovery and a day in your future when you've forgot you've had it done.

Good luck & don't get too stressed whilst you wait

Andy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Hi @Cynthia777, I read through your whole thread. Gosh you have had lots of ups and downs! Glad you are set for surgery. Here's hoping once both our hips are done we are back to loving life to the fullest!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
@Cynthia777 I will be just ahead of you on 28 Jan! I don't have much of a story other than knowing I needed this surgery for over a year due to liberal tear/OS/displaysia and then should I have it before or after the holidays. I have been stubbornly avoiding (not using) a cane & pain relievers other than advil or tylenol. I can't wait to get on with this surgery and live that life of mobility again! We are in it to win it!
 
@Cynthia777 i am finding that "hearing " other people's stories really gives me perspective on mine. I am not a terribly reflective person, more of a talk things through style girl, but this experience rather forces us to be reflective in those dark after midnight hours when the pain won't let us sleep! I absolutely think this forum has been a Godsend for me! Have a great day!
 
@jomarie58
How right you are! I don't know what I would have done without our fabulous and selfless moderators, as well as our wonderful bonesmart family members!

When you mentioned those dark nights it made me think of this ( it's given me such comfort)....
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey in Finding the "Right" Surgeon...
 
Wishing you well tomorrow and looking forward to reading your positive posts about your recovery! You have such a great attitude, I'm sure all will go well and you'll be dancing soon - at least on your new hip.
Been reading your posts since I joined this wonderful site; we have some things in common - 2 bad hips, but great surgeons who only do one at a time, diagnosis of AVN, close in age and both of us have that lousy habit of smoking! So, since I have a little more than two weeks to go, I'm looking forward to you having a super recovery so I can follow in your path! Sending positive energy your way......
 
Blessings on you, your surgeon, and all those around you tomorrow as you get your shiny new hip! You will be so happy very soon! Love and prayers dear friend!
 
Hope you are doing ok. You made it through the worst part. Sending you big hugs and prayers for an uneventful recovery. Welcome to the official newest "Bonesmartie!"


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Is there an area on the forum that lists surgeons? or has reviews/personal experience with surgeons.

An acquaintance referred me to Dr Andrew Yun in Santa Monica, CA. She raved about him but advised he was short on bedside manners which I found to be true. I did encounter the "shield" which is to be expected in LA.
Our visit was very short and I am having trouble moving forward because I seems such a giant step and I just don't know him. US News lists the hospital as High Performance. Not sure how to proceed.
 
Dr. Yun is an excellent surgeon and is very experienced with the anterior approach. I had considered using him, but he didn't accept my Blue Shield of CA insurance. You won't be sorry if you decide on using him! My OS had the WORST bedside manner ever, but he came highly recommended for his skills. I figured I could forego him being my pal. :heehee: Good luck and please don't wait! I did and I regret every day that I let life pass me by!

There is an area here on BS that has a list of surgeons, but I'm on my cell phone at the moment and can't direct you to it at the moment. Let me page a couple of our moderators who can give you the link to it.
@Jamie or @Jaycey, would you mind sharing the link for surgeons. Thanks!
 
Thank you Cynthia. I also go a note back from my internist who said he is excellent. Moving forward..tired of limping and pain.
 
You're in good hands! Look up Dr. Joel Matta who Dr. Yun works with. Dr. Matta trained Dr. Yun and Dr. Matta brought the anterior approach to the United States. Below is Dr. Yun's website (look at all the awards he's received).
broken link removed: https://www.orthojoints.com
 
We do have a Find A Clinic section here on BoneSmart and the link is in the blue toolbar at the top of the page. But it's more for folks who are shopping for a surgeon or trying to get multiple opinions. In your case, you just want to know if this surgeon is a good one, despite his rather poor bedside manner. I can tell you he is on my list of surgeons with good reports from some of our members. So I say go for it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom