THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zauberflöte ... I'm sorry ... I DID understand that you did NOT have those two conditions the dopey hospital / nurse said you did. My dopey humor didn't come through. At least I got the tennis balls right ... Am very sorry for your trials right now. Just horrifying the ins. co. says the at-home visits are not covered. When you are up to it, call them again and double-check. Surely the first few home visits are covered? But as Clifford said, can you do the exercises at home. You have a lot on your plate right now, so try if possible to just tackle getting rested so you have the energy and verve to handle the rest. Easy for me to say. We are all here for you to whinge away. I'm glad it sounds like you are not experiencing too much pain, I take it?? Take care.
 
How do you do that? Use the walker and haul loads?
Oh you should see it! Over the front is my pocket-y apron, phone/pills/small stuff. on the left arm we have a shoulder bag, notebook, books, glasses, stuff. On the right arm a canvas shopping bag for ice packs and food We drape clothing, fleeces, pillows, anything like that over the front bar. Like Maeve 's tea trolley but low class LOL

Just think about sitting in a yellow kayak on a lake sparkling like diamonds.
Oh girl that diamond is the sweetest thing! You and Kylesh are very gifted writers and empaths :)
clifford149 octopus LiveringerPeaches Thanks for moral support and hints. Today is a better feeling ne than yesterday. I WASHED MY HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Had to make sure I had stamina to lean over the sink for that-- very long hair and very soft water prevent me from doing it in the shower-- takes 15 minutes to de-slime my body of the conditioner:sigh: so I use the sink, much neaater and quicker. So I feel a new person :) :) :)
Battery dying on laptop, time for a reading break :)
 
I can just imagine you and your walker, all covered in stuff, you walking badly, cat runs out, you trip over it, you go A over T and end up in the arms of that Canadian you were on the phone to the other day...............well stranger things have happened and I am still on strong pain meds!! :rotfl: How lovely, a hair wash, I bet you really do feel like a whole new woman :SUNsmile:
 
Department of "Just Who The Heck Is In Charge Here?" I got a call from OS nurse in response to one I'd left her about what do I use for dressings after this last one here? She said-- well the thing about the dressing is, you can take it off if it's clean and dry, take a shower, if there's a little drainage put a bandaid on it. Just don't take off the white tape running down the middle of it. Me: ? White tape? her: No white tape? They weren't supposed to take that off! Well, whatever, if it's clean and dry, just leave it open, it's fine. Woohoo!! Time for those french-cut briefs BarbaraR was mentioning...
Littlejem you are too much! My cats are way more into lying in the middle of your path. Flop. Splodge....:kittykiss:
 
oh my gosh BarbaraR that is ice cream to DIE for! We used to have a hand cranked ice cream freezer than I got with Green Stamps so you know how long ago that was. it rusted together, more's the pity. Many years ago I had to take a hormone which increased my muscle mass, so I made a batch of ice cream all by myself-- cranked it half an hour, faster and faster-- I was soooo proud of me! It was like velvet, yum. I liked the custards with eggs, tho. Like that rich "french" taste of the ice cream.
Next time you make it, give me a call, eh?:wink:
 
LeeApril26 zauberflöte BarbaraR Chocolate and ice cream! It can't get any better than that! Except, of course, seeing zauberflöte fall into the arms of a tall, dark, handsome, rich, intelligent, interesting, sexy and sensitive Canadian from her phone call of the other day, like Littlejem so brilliantly suggested! Talk about writing positive imagery stories - I could go wild with that one! :blush: Even better than the diamond fairy tale. Oh, and I forgot to mention - he sure does know how to give a massage! And wash hair??? He Looooves to wash loooong silky hair. :heehee:
 
Dearest zauberflöte

What an inspiration and complete nutter you are! I've just caught up with your thread and although you've had some issues to deal with I'm really pleased to see that your WICKED sense of humour hasn't diminished one bit.

YOU ARE FABULOUS MRS! :yay:

I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch much, but as I'm sure you can guess everything's gone back to normal mode in my life....YAY. But it doesn't leave me much time to catch up with my 'old' BS buddies.
So I just wanted you to know that even though I don't post, I am thinking about you and sending you lots of healing love.

Your posts are hilarious and will no doubt be helping many folks on their road to recovery.

So just keep on keepin' on warrior!

Lotsa love Queenie. Xxxxxxx

P.s I think you should write a book.

P.p.s Glad you've got past that 'No my hair isn't dirty, I'm thinking of getting dreadlocks' look! X
 
When I quickly read the link to the ice cream recipe BarbaraR I wondered what kind of site you were sending us to 'naked ice cream for lovers'.....well I mean!!!!!:heehee: I had to have a look of course and wow gorgeous recipe, yum, yum!! LeeApril26 zauberflöte ByGosh like you all say ice cream and chocolate what a wonderful combination and a lovely hubby that goes and gets it for you, how much better can it get!! Steady on the story telling though we can't to get too excited with bad hips!!:loll:
 
BarbaraR well that one's a no-brainer-- of COURSE I'll bring brownies. Gather round ye hippies all, we're gonna get fat and high on choclate, and be terribly attractive to tall dark Canadians bearing diamonds.
ByGosh you are too funny!!!! If anybody here used to hang out on ICanHasCheeseburger "in the old days", you will remember fondly the "Naughty Barn" with its "YNG's" (family show here, figure it out...) who ironed in the altogether in their spare time...I think we are heading in that direction....:heehee: :rotfl:
Queenie you are the Queen of Funny, and so very sweet to come by and say those ego-boosting things :) :) Me?? A book????? Surely you jest... now if YOU wrote one, that I'd buy!!! lotsa lurve to you, so glad you are totally in normal mode-- I think I'd like to work in your office or be your next-door neighbor, if I thought I'd survive the laughing :)
Littlejem what will you bring to our choccy fest?

ALAS, ALACK, AND WOE IS ME!!:beg:
Nine Days Post-THR and Cast Untimely Into the Rôle of Chatelaine
ZF has been storm-tossed ashore on the beaches of solitude. Three cats don't count as solitude-breakers. Mr ZF and the ZK (ZauberKid) have departed for points north-east for two whole days.:cry:
Who will feed aforementioned felines?:kittykiss:
Who will clean their litterboxes?:sick:
Who will bring in the paper and the mail?:shrug:
Will Mr ZF remember to check in?
Who will get down to the floor and pet the cat who insists on flopping there as his preferred spot to attract lovin'?(when he's not hovering over the laptop like a vulture that knows something's goin0.g to 2be2 .87 or as the case may be walking all over the keyboard.... where was I?
Watch this spot for your daily dose of "As The Hip Turns" followed immediately by "All My Hippies".
We now return you to your regular programming./

*dusts hand off* In a few minutes, if I can tear myself away, I will see if the cats will adopt the dining room table as their feeding place. They gonna be some confused, this should be fun!
 
zauberflöte if I can't I just eat :whistle: then maybe I could bring hot chocolate and some home made chocolate truffles? Queenie is right, you really are a nutter, totally bonkers!!! :umm: :heehee: Love your 9 days post op............keep them coming, you are better than any medicine we can get!! I hope you will be ok on your own for those days, do you have someone close you can call if you need to? :friends:
 
"Who will get down to the floor and pet the cat who insists on flopping there as his preferred spot to attract lovin'?"
Oh, you have one of these kitties. I used my reacher to pat the cat, but he really preferred to play games with it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom