THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh beckylou, I was so hungry too, always eating! Glad to say its settled down now. :) I think it's probably got something to do with our bodies using energy so quickly for healing. I was advised to eat more protein, it helps with the rebuilding of the muscles, among other things.

zauberflöte, you've had quite an eventful time for the first week. I'm glad things are settling down a bit and hope you get some good rest.
 
zauberflöte Glad to see things are settling down a bit for you, you sure didn't need that your first week of recovery. Now, this is another week and you are gonna see improvements soooooo leave last week behind you and march forward for this week.

beckylou and octopus I think I need my mouth sewn shut. Good thing I am going back to work on the 10th so I can loose the weight I have put on. Middle of June I will start practicing tossing my horseshoes and believe me when I say I will do this S-L-O-W-L-Y. My physical therapist knows this goal but it will be under her advisement that I will attempt this.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
 
zauberflöte...I can't believe the hellacious end to your first week. Am so sorry to learn along with you learning that you have those two conditions you never knew you had. You have every right to whine or whinge as our fellow BoneSmartonians say ... whine/whinge to us and to the hospital if it makes you feel better or gets some results. Shocking what happened to you. I can't believe how challenging your first week was. You sound pretty strong, though, and despite the low BP are you feeling a tad better? I know that's a hard question for me to answer.
Yes, such gorgeous weather for some of us. And it truly raises my spirits, that's for sure. I loved your description of Memorial Day and this time of year, the beginning of summer and that sense of freedom.
I'm a little perplexed about the tennis balls ... my new THR mentality has me immediately thinking they have something to do with the walker. You had two of them on the wheels of the walker and wore them down????
My imagination is lacking....... More coffee is needed.
 
Liveringer I was at the physio last week and he was telling me how to hold my stomach muscles in for a particular exercise. He asked to see my stomach to watch I was doing it correctly, I mumbled, no it's fat, but reluctantly lifted my top. Doing the exercise he's saying "squeeze, squeeze", I'm going "i am, I am". :rotfl:
 
Liveringer I was at the physio last week and he was telling me how to hold my stomach muscles in for a particular exercise. He asked to see my stomach to watch I was doing it correctly, I mumbled, no it's fat, but reluctantly lifted my top. Doing the exercise he's saying "squeeze, squeeze", I'm going "i am, I am". :rotfl:


Oh, I hope my PT doesn't ask to see my stomach! May I respectfully decline?
 
Gee octopus I would think the bloke would've been happy just pressing it with his fingertips from the outside of your shirt to see if it's tightened. That's really a better way to tell, I think. But don't worry though, I'm sure he's seen lots of tummys! I'm just glad he wasn't trying to check if you were doing your butt clenches right! LOL Then you could've mooned him! :rotfl: Sorry, I know you would never do that, but I couldn't resist......
 
Am so sorry to learn along with you learning that you have those two conditions you never knew you had.
Oh dear, me and miscommunication again:doh: I never had those conditions, and don't now. The hospital staff, working their little mousie on their little computer, clicking in the little boxes, clicked those conditions for reasons unknown to me. They have been removed!! :) :) But it gets better! The home nurse that came today had me in her system as b eing on Medicaid. Not a problem, except I am NOT! So she researched it after viewing my real insurance card, and called me to say that my policy does not cover home care. let's see, that's 4xPT = 2xNurse, @ $elebentybillion/visit.... ain't we got fun.

snigger. What is the deal with the tennis balls? huh? You are walking without aids already? I am on crutches and can't imagine hobbling along without them. I am so hungry at the moment!!! What is that about????
You had two of them on the wheels of the walker and wore them down????
Peaches you are right-- beckylou there's your answer! :) They go on the rear legs of the walker, the ones without wheels. We have hardwood floors, and the carpeted sunroom is rough berber. And I'm sure they're cheap tennis balls... I may have a heavy hand, and taking them out on the concrete/asphalt didn't help either LOL Beckylou, I can't iagine using crutches at all. I am weight bearing and activity as tolerated, are we different there? No restrictions, and once I got those muscle cramps medicated into oblivion, I have simple discomforts except at the end of the long night.

Audball Liveringer octopus ByGosh LeeApril26 I too am starving! Eating lots of fruit and vegetables and whole grains, don't want to eat meat cos poor hubby would have to cook it (on top of everything else) and besides it bungs me up right good. But I may have to break down. One can only eat so many eggs/egg whites and drink so much soy milk. {went to kitchen and fixed scrambled eggs right now!}

My wonderful husband.... he is killing himself. One third of his time he spends being patient with our son who was not supposed to be home now, one third with me and staying up till 2:00am wshing dishes and cleaning the kitchen, and one third TRYING to get a little work done to keep the business more above water than under. I'm in a bad way about him b/c I am running head-on into the sleepless-in-wherever mode. Had several very heavy, very drugged naps yesterday, slept poorly and sporadically last night with a warm ice bag weighing down my hip, and can't sleep today. I have seen all thises things except the warm ice bag (they went shopping yesterday and filled the frig with semi-cool food, which wiped out the cooling capacity) so I know it's normal, but I'm not dealing with the emotional issues very well. I snapped at my mother, fer cry-yi!
[/whine] LOL
 
zauberflöte - I had a walked on day 1 in hospital then straight on arm crutches. I am weight bearing but use them for stability. Easy peasy. That is the pits about the unexpected costs...last thing you need! I can relate to the emotional ups and downs.
 
Ohhhh poor zauberflöte! And poor Mr. zauberflöte. It sure sounds rough for you right now, and I know exactly what you're talking about. I think we all do. And you have our understanding and our concern.
It is pretty unbelievable about that insurance blip, too. But that's their fault, not yours. You can wait and figure it out when you're better, though, don't worry yourself about it now.
Is your dear son going back to school soon, or is he home now for the summer? It seems that would simplify life for you and your hubby now.
And honey buns, listen to me and just take it easy, take care of yourself, try to keep resting as much as you can and you'll feel better soon, really, I promise. Just think about sitting in a yellow kayak on a lake sparkling like diamonds... Wait! OMG! One of those sparkles is a diamond, just floating on the lake for some odd and magical reason. (must be because your hip is magic!) Here, I got it for you to help pay for the PT and nursing visits. And to hire your very own private nurses, who will take care of you, rub your back, help you bathe, change your sheets, do your laundry, cook you meals, give you your meds, keep the ice well iced, and whatever else you need. From now until this is allllll over. There now, doesn't that make you feel a teeny tiny bit better? I know it makes me feel better for you! :) Ahhhhh, the power of positive imagery...if only it could be real.
 
zauberflöte Chris, I would check with the insurance company yourself to see if you are covered. Someone had to authorize that don't you think? If they screwed up on the medicaid part....I would just double check. Bygosh is right things will get better we both promise. Are you taking your prescribed meds? I don't know if its my case or not but the strongest thing I ever took is Aleve, then came the operation they had me on oxyicodone w/tylenol 6x's a day. That stuff knocked me out (I glad it did too) most restful 4 weeks I had naps and everything. Please don't make me go in the closet for the pom/poms YOU really don't want to see me cheer....
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
I just had to post this! Hope it gives you a laugh.
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
Hi zauberflöte not great to have financial issues raised now....but you know what exercises to do so home visits are not key unless someone has a particular condition.....thinking of you
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
    IMG_20130519_193043.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom