THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte Glad to hear that you have only had a little set back but that overall you are still moving upwards.That's the nature of the beast.You will get back to where you were and beyond it very soon.I have just stubbed my little toe on the operated side on the corner of the bedpost and I am currently sitting with my foot up with a bag of peas on it Ouch !
 
Awww, Kim22 - sorry about the toe! Yeouch!! I hope the peas do the trick for you!
zauberflöte - :rotfl: OK, marching band form, playing the flute on the roadside for extra income....how much medication are you taking now....? :whistle: (Just kidding.) Yes, I know about that rollercoaster! We just hope for more good days than bad ones.....and eventually just good ones?! :egypdance: :happydance: :yay:
 
Elosarabrab, zauberflöte and Songlady I have a hideous bruise covering the whole of my little toe and tracking up the side of my foot.Cant wear any shoes as too painful and we are gong to a party tomorrow night I may have to go as Sandy Shaw LOL
 
Poppet -- did your husband hit a REAL LIVE kangaroo, or is that some kind of car in your neck of the woods? Not sure I've even ever SEEN a real kangaroo. How did the kangaroo fare?

Love and peace to you. Hope you are feeling better (and your husband, too)

PS -- hope it is OK to post this here. I still haven't figured out all the ins and outs of this board -- I never know whether to post a reply where I see the message I am replying to, or to go to that person's thread. I don't mean to dis anyone by posting on the wrong place.
 
Butterfly we don't mind where you post :) But it is less confusing for everybody if you post your reply where you see the message you're replying to. I'm pretty sure Poppet talked about that kangaroo on her thread called "miss poppet". That was a few months ago-- it was a real kangaroo:yikes: and they had to buy another car:sad: but they like it :)

Kim22 OWWWIE!! All that bruising, and the baby toe is so sensitive-- do you think you broke it? That would be a good party opener!:heehee: You could go in one high heel and one bare foot, or wear a swirly soft dress and hiking boots, as thought you were being very fashionable, don't you know....
 
zauberflöte I am not sure I think it would be more painful if it was broken but considering a trip to the Minor Injuries Unit. I would look lovely in a party frock and one hiking boot.Maybe it would set a trend.LOL
 
Oh I am so sorry about the toe. Please remember to ice and take care. Keep us posted on how its coming. Take care. Tashia
 
Congratulations on your great 8 & 9 week updates! Sounds like you are progressing really well.
 
zauberflöte, Audball, tashia Thank you all for asking about my bruised toe.It is getting better and is less sore thanks to the applications of ice and Arnica cream I used both of these on my hip and groin and they didn't seem to do much but they have come up trumps for the bruising on my toe. I was able to wear a pain of dressy sandals (flat flip flop look type) for the party and they didn't look too bad with the dress so I didn't resort to the one hiking boot.I was able to dance a little too so was very happy and so far no consequences but of course there is still time.
 
I'm glad I was so happy the last time I posted, because the roller coaster isn't quite so on the "wheeeee!" part right now. As soon as I posted that feelin'-great post, things started to hurt a bit here and a bit there. The groin, mostly, and then the tennis-ball-butt came back too. I've been dealing with it, ice, more rest, finally upped the ibuprofen, hoping this was temporary. So yesterday I took the notion to go to the YMCA and get on the exercise bike. About 5 minutes, no resistance, and then some treadmill and some ordinarily well-tolerated exercise routines. By the time I got up off the floor I knew the bike was a mistake. Sigh. Cleverly arranged a wearable ice pack (it involves the velcro thing that comes with the ice, a dinner napkin, and my waistband... LOL), rested a whole lot, more ice, even more ibuprofen, maybe it will be all gone in the morning? Nope. So I'm going to take the prescription dosage of ibuprofen for a few days and see if i can tone down this aching nag, nagging ache, whatever.
And....I'm at that point in my recovery where I'm saying, how LONG does this take? Why can't I just charge on in and get back to exercising? So I guess we call that discouragement, eh? Well, I knew it would come. I'd like to be graceful about it and not mopey, you know? So I certainly have good examples on here of grace under pressure-- thank you all my friends!!! :)
 
zauberflöte, I think you just overdid it. I went back and looked at my recovery thread, and here's what I posted at 2 months postop--almost exactly where you are right now:

So. I was going to post that I'm 2 months postop and I'm so fantastic --I'm almost back to normal blah blah blah. I stopped PT yesterday- was starting to not see the point-- so today I went to the little gym in the complex where I live. I walked there and back (~1/2 mile), did the elliptical for 10 minutes and the bike for 10, and then did some upper body stuff. When I got home I noticed I was a little sore so I took some acetaminophen. I showered and had some errands to do. Now I'm noticing that my leg really hurts when I lift it into the car. Does that stop me? No, it does not. I spend another half hour walking around a store. I drive home. And here I am with a blankety blank ice pack on my hip because my leg is KILLING me like deep bone pain that I haven't experienced since the beginning. Would someone please take me to someone to have my head examined?!

I hope you feel better soon. Ice is a miracle! XO
 
So I'm going to take the prescription dosage of ibuprofen for a few days and see if i can tone down this aching nag, nagging ache, whatever.​
Hi zauberflöte, This is really the best plan of attack....Your body is showing you who is BOSS!
I have been using my cane since I went back to work because my left side hurts. But, being a showoff, i went to a meeting in a location that required alot of walking and did not take my cane...boy did i pay for it over the next few days...So hang in there "Gracie". Take care.
 
BarbaraR -- thanks! I agree, I overdid it. Oddly, the total amount of exercise was less than a normal day, so I'm really thinking the bike is the culprit. I have assiduously (what fun to use, I never say it!) avoided anything that is a flexion exercise or a straight-leg lift, and maybe the bike was just too repetitive on the flexion.Thank goodness there was a thunderstorm at walk-time last night, or I would have added a mile on pavement to the insult! Thank you for examining my head LOL!

anniemg yup, I'm not the boss... I'm sorry you are paying for your canelessness at that meeting...is it getting better now?

clifford149 you are always here when I need you-- thank you! :)
 
Hi zauberflöte Sorry that you have overdone things but as Barbara says its something that we all do at one time or another and me more than most so I certainly identify with your frustration.You are doing the right thing in resting,icing and upping the Ibuprofen. It sounds like the bike was the culprit and your hip won't object or come to any harm if you omit it.How much walking were you doing ? I find estimating how much to do without overdoing things so hard and let's face it we just want to be as active as possible as soon as possible to make up for all that time we were totally inactive before the surgery.Slow and steady is the best advice for us all.I hope you feel better very soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom