THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-mapped the distance-- the block round trip is 0.2 mile, so I walked 4 tenths of a mile yesterday​
Chris, that is awesome you go girl! I too had a good walk yesterday to the post office and back wore my pedometer and it said 1.07 miles you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw that. Prolly broken...:rotfl:
I bought some strawberries yesterday and made biscuits and had strawberry shortcake.....yum yum
 
Liveringer what a great walk you had! We measured 'around the block" last night at 1/2 mile, so when I get up the nerve to leave my street, I will know how far is a mile. Still too dang hot (till October 25, usually) but my treadmill suddenly didn't work yesterday after sitting for probably too long :-( So now I am happy for the rain, as when it's cloudy the sun doesn't fry me. And walking after sunset is quite nice if the off-shore breeze makes it this far inland.
 
SOMETIMES THE HUBBY IS RIGHT!
So.....here I am grousing about how my nice treadmill doesn't work, pout pout, pout, and I can't go for a walk on it, poutpout, and hubby can please troubleshoot it for me:angel: pretty please?
Hubby does, and takes it apart and vacuums the motor guts, and presents me with "there's a safety key? What's that?" Well.....duh it's right there, why do you need it? "Oh, the book says you can't run the treadmill without it..."

THIS is what general anaesthesia DOES to your BRAIN!!!!:doh:I'll bet that little puppy runs just fine in about 3...2....1:bicycle1:

Sheesh........:blush:
 
That is to funny because.....my sister let me take hers and today her husband delivered it. I plugged it in after he left and turned it on and nothing. Pushed the reset button nothing, hummmm, Ken says something goes here it was the key.....duh I said to myself I seen it and knew it was for emergency stop but didn't know where it went.:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:
 
Excellent walking progress zauberflöte. I agree, the avatar is very cheery....and lord do we need that here. It has rained so much over the last two weeks I'm contemplating crafting an ark.
I'm very interested in your feedback at week 8 re restrictions. My physio puts the fear of god into me re internal rotation/ midline/ 90 degrees...and I'm 11 weeks. I will ring my O S at the 12 week mark and check!
 
Maeve never fear, there will be partying here if restrictions are lifted! I don't have the 90 degree one, the anterior approach allows bending over but not lunging with the leg out behind-- it has to do with the particular muscle groups that were disturbed? I'm not sure about mid-line, but it's not comfortable yet so I don't do it. Please post when you get an answer for yourself at 12 weeks, ok?z
Are you counting days till o/s trip yet? :)
 
Hi zauberflöte,
Will certainly post the 12 week. Interesting about anterior/ no lunging. Yes I am counting down the days. Changed some oz $s for euros and pounds the other wek...our currency is tanking against the US dollar as your economy improves and Bernacke flags pulling back on quantatitive easing.... Oh well you only live once and you're a long time dead is my motto.
I think the counting down might be adding to my stress re cane/ no cane, steps etc so I' m on a very focussed fitness regime.
I know I am coming on in leaps and bounds but it's the self talk now! :headbang:
 
Hi zauberflöte, love your new avatar and congrats on the walking! And on solving the mystery of the treadmill :rotfl: I've some catching up to do on threads...I've spent the past two days in a post-op blue/energy vacuum world. All I've wanted to do is sleep. Except now of course that it is bedtime...it's like having a newborn!
 
Great news about the longer and longer walks, zauberflöte! It's like someone elsewhere on BS said: One minute something we try to do seems hard; but suddenly, the next time, we can do it! I have found that to be true several times. Which makes Poppet 's latest avatar, "Believe You Can," to be so, so true.
Your PT-insurance conundrum (not sure if that's the right word, but I love it) sounds frustrating, and a little familiar, I think. I am woefully behind ... all of this PIE TALK is making me want COBBLER, peach or any other. With my mother's Crisco-and-cold-water pie crust. I guess I will make do with frozen frozen berries and yogurt.
 
Hi zauberflöte and everyone - so many new and pretty avatars, is it something in the air? :) They are all so suitable, too.
Pie, cobbler, berries, whipped cream what are you guys trying to do to me?? It is definately time to bake a pie.. I wrote strawberries and rhubarb on the grocery list, but GoshHub couldn't find rhubarb.. I do have strawberries though! :) Maybe our Stop & Shop didn't have rhubarb. Hey, until I can do the shopping again, I'm happy with whatever my husband brings home. He is non-complaining about this and is still doing more than his fair share.

No pie yet, but he did find some mini cannoli shells at the grocery store, I whipped up some canolli fillings and made cannolis. They were yummy and sooooo easy! But pie is still my favorite.

Congratulations ZB on going up the block and back! Good for you. You're doing great. And your husband is clever to figure out the treadmill for you. You can always try taking a little spin on that if it's raining out..
 
Peaches, so pleased you like my new avatar... I thought it appropriate for all of us, including me counting down to retirement... Speaking of which I must start the race to work again ... Grrrr! It is Monday.. Hugs x
 
What meds are you on.... Do you need a ((( hug ))) or a new treadmill ?
Poppet I'll take whatever I can get!! :) I can only surmise it was the general anaesthesia that stole my brains. That was SO dumb, to forget something I'd done on auto-pilot for 5 years! It makes me a little nervous about driving. What about the car or the traffic will I suddenly forget??:shocked:

l of this PIE TALK is making me want COBBLER, peach or any other. With my mother's Crisco-and-cold-water pie crust. I
Well, Peaches I'm sorry but we just ate it all. I did make a peach cobbler, with "cottage pudding" over it. Butter city. Good we don't do dessert on a regular basis. And you know? My mother taught me that crust when I was a kid too! it's the only kind I can make tender. My sister is quite the baker, and has figureed out how to make a tender butter crust, but I copied her and had a delicious piece of shoe leather... sigh.

BlueSkylark great avatar! We get the odd bluebird from time to time, do you? My new avatar is one of a collection bottomshollow gave me a few weeks ago. I have to make them last.... :)
 
Beautiful blue bird BlueSkylark It's a gorgeous color. I don't see them up here in Conn. Only blue jays.
zauberflöte We've got peach pie on the menu this weekend. It's easy to make, and I'll just use the frozen crusts. Although pie crust is my favorite, and homemade is the absolute best, shoe leather or not. :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
I have five baby bluebirds in a nest box in my yard. This the second batch Mr. & Mrs. Bluebird are raising this summer--and will probably have one more batch before summer is over. They are beautiful particularly when the sun catches them just right, and they are very sweet birds.
 
bottomshollow They're so adorable. And so hungry! Look at them with all their mouths wide open, squawking for food...awwww. It's such a great picture. Thanks for posting it. Please continue to post pictures of them if you can so we can watch them grow. I'd love to see their fuzzy feathers. :)
BlueSkylark did you see this? You're gonna love it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom