THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Poppet ! and nice avatar :) I R fine, just got distracted by "stuff" yesterday...

@everybodyI'mabouttoforget Poppet ByGosh Kylesh Songlady Littlejem LeeApril26 Peaches Kim22 sandybeach Red Shoe octopus @pleasedon'ttakeitpersonallyififorgotyouLOL

Six Week Update
Much the same as last week.
A little more stamina, especially as to "bouncing back" better overnight or after a sit-down.
Still resting 4-5 hours a day, sometimes with ice and always elevated.
Driving almost every day, need to practise for an OS appt in two weeks, will drive myself 90 minutes round trip on interstate. Working on letting leg relax in driver's seat to save energy.
Hope to get to PT this week!
Sleep as normal as it ever is, have had a couple hard naps and a couple cat naps in the afternoon.
Can walk 10 minutes/0.3 miles on treadmill, and before bed another 0.2 on street, also takes 10 minutes. I may be able to push this a bit I hope. Working on the "follow through" at the end of a stride, where op hip wants to be stiff (habit?) but is capable of pain-free smoothness if I concentrate.
The "goose egg" , which finally went away, is back again a little, on lateral side of (anterior) incision. Must be the increased activity. Unless the fat has migrated?:heehee:
When I'm really tired I still go back to stiff legs and "lurch", just out of habit I guess!
Adding core exercises and baby step-ups on a 4" step. Upper back and shoulders really weak compared to pre-op.
"Back to work" = an hour of (flute) playing per day (most days)
Still don't really like bananas!:sad: Still like chocolate far too much...
"Good" hip and hands and shoulder have pain, op hip has stiffness.
Tried lying on op side again last night-- NOPE! The whole side of the upper leg is pretty sore to pressure.
The last of the tape came off a few days ago (with a leeeeetle help). Turns out there are two places that aren't quite healed yet, so massage of scar is kind of on hold. Also at the very top is irritated and red, and may have a bit of a suture sticking out. OS nurse said hubby could cut it off if he could find it, otherwise just leave it till July 17 appt. Don't trust hubby LOL so am leaving it.
Ordered Elmore Oil free sample yesterday, putting "BoneSmartie" in my name heh heh.
 
Great report, @zauberflote FYI. When I type your name you are not appearing in my lower left corner right now. Have you been put on detention?
Sounds like you are doing well with walking and exercising. Glad you finally ditched the tape. I had the thing sticking out, and the PA removed it when I was in for a check up. Have they suggested you use a blow dryer instead of a towel on the red, irritated bit?
Hope you pop up in my corner again soon.
 
Great report, zauberflöte. FYI. When I type your name you are not appearing in my lower left corner right now. Have you been put on detention?
Sounds like you are doing well with walking and exercising. Glad you finally ditched the tape. I had the thing sticking out, and the PA removed it when I was in for a check up. Have they suggested you use a blow dryer instead of a towel on the red, irritated bit?
Hope you pop up in my corner again soon.
 
Tried lying on op side again last night-- NOPE! The whole side of the upper leg is pretty sore to pressure.​
zauberflöte, Hi.....I'm with you...my operated side is still not comfortable to lay on....I tried using my operated side hip to hold the door open at work because of full hands...can't do that....still very sensitive...my goose egg is also back again...may be overdid something....Not complaining...just stating the facts! Take care.
 
zauberflöte, that sounds wonderful. I love reading your updates because I can think, yep, in a month or so I'll be doing things like that too. Do you find yourself wanting so bad to just turn on the op side in bed? I can sleep on the other side but for some reason get almost a craving to just lie on the op side for awhile. Haven't tried it yet of course....I'm not that brave! Ok, now I really am going to fold the laundry I said I was going to on my thread! :rotfl:
 
Hi zauberflöte (your name popped up for me.... hmmm, Lenora, have YOU been put on detention?! :heehee: )
Chris, sounds like a great 6 weeks report! At 10 weeks now I can lie on the op side, but it's not really comfortable. It's nice to roll onto that side side to stretch out my back for a minute, though!
Wow, lots of driving... watch out, in a few weeks we'll be on some of those highways! If I see a careening Volvo I'll get off the road! :shocked:
I lurch when tired, also, at 10 weeks... (and I will have to write more about TIRED in my thread, having just come home from the organists' convention!:thud: ) Sorry about the other pains, though.
Good for you, praciticing! Now I am psyched to get back to it!! :egypdance:
 
Yes, ByGosh, I did see those sweet little babies bottomshollow posted! I don't see many of them, but now and again I see one fly by and it brings a smile to my face!

It's funny... Mu screen name comes from my very first car - a blue Buick Skylark! But when I looked for skylark photos, I found that they are fairly plain looking little brown birds. A bit of a mixed metaphor here between the screen name and the avatar. But I'm thinking that with all the psalm meds that you recent hipsters are on, you may not really notice! :heehee:
 
Great report zauberflöte You're making really good progress. So nice to hear you're walking regularly, driving, practicing your flute, and your op hip doesn't hurt. Everything's going along really well for you!
You'll like the Elmore Oil on your shoulders and hands - maybe even your other hip - everyone seems to think it's great.
Keep up the good recovery! :)
And Happy Fourth of July Everyone!
 
Songlady. And zauberflöte. Could be I was on detention. I signed out and back in. Now Zf is popping back up.

I can roll on my operated side, but it magically causes the lumps to grow to the size of bowling balls and is painful.
 
BarbaraR thanks for the link! I do have a touch of bursitis-like pain but it's located on the side of my leg. I was getting all fancy and saying 'lateral side of the incision" but I meant that literally-- the swelling is where my "goose egg" used to be-- with the incision running right down the middle of it, so the current swelling is just "half a goose egg" LOL.
When I type your name you are not appearing in my lower left corner right now. Have you been put on detention?
LeeApril26 I think there was something screwy about the forum this morning-- I had to shut it down; things weren't loading at all! Re blowing the incision dry-- no, and I don't rub it anyway, just pat it. Or is the "no-towel" to avoid infection?
anniemg you have a goose egg too? I thought I was the only one! LOL
Do you find yourself wanting so bad to just turn on the op side in bed?
sqwerlie it's awful because that's the side I fall asleep on. But I seem to have gotten used to falling asleep on my other side. bottomshollow two and a half years-- oh dear! I will forget how to sleep on that side!!
Wow, lots of driving... watch out, in a few weeks we'll be on some of those highways! If I see a careening Volvo I'll get off the road! :shocked:
Songlady glad you're home! I don't careen! (spoken with high dignity LOL)
Mu screen name comes from my very first car - a blue Buick Skylark! B
BlueSkylark my sister and her husband had one they called Hortense. That's the one with the push-button gear shift, right? My "goose egg" was just that-- a goose egg size swelling, over my incision. It showed up when the general swelling went down, and persisted for about 3 weeks before slowly deflating.
You'll like the Elmore Oil on your shoulders and hands -
ByGosh I'm looking forward to it! BTW i love your avatar-- a decoupage table, did you say?
I can roll on my operated side, but it magically causes the lumps to grow to the size of bowling balls and is painful.
Well I can see I won't be trying that too often!:shocked:

Thanks everybody for stopping by! I am very behind on others' threads b/c the forum wasn't working for me during "forum time". Maybe I will catch up, but I'm not too confident at this point LOL.
Poppet have you noticed your days are just a minute or so longer already? Summer's coming :)
 
zauberflöte. I think the OS suggested the blow dryer to avoid infection but I found it more comfortable on the incision and the red spots and still do it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom