Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte My dad eats it the same way. In a bowl, with a spoon so I'm sure he will love these. I'll email some samples...
 
smrt2run I love them but I've never made brownies, can we have the recipe please?? My grandsons love Nutella, George the middle one even has it in his porridge!
zauberflöte I listened to the you-tube clip you added, very funny, sounded a lot like the kind of thing that Joyce Grenville did, hilarious!! :heehee:
 
Littlejem I found Joyce (Grenfell seems to be her name) on Youtube just now-- oh boy more post-op humor!!!!! :)

Here
is the link to the recipe I found when I was drooling over smrt2run 's mention of nutella brownies. I don't know what he will make, but these look plenty decadent to me! Can't wait to see his post, and hear how many he ate.....
 
Yes of course it is Grenfell, she's very funny isn't she?
Those brownies, wow!!!!!!! I've got to try making them they look absolutely fabulous!!!
My friend brought round some scones today for us to have with raspberry jam and clotted cream!! I am gaining so much weight with sitting round and having lot's of 'nice' food!!
 
oh my Littlejem I'd love to be there :) BUT I can't afford to gain weight after-- if I want the second one done a few months later, that will be even more time away from the treadmill for aerobics. No treatsies for me :(
When I was in school in Canada, I was taught to say "scones" to rhyme with "blondes" more or less. So I went in Starbucks the other day and ordered one, and of course was treated to the American version which rhymes with "stones". Which is what it looks like to us anyway LOL. What do you think? Should I capitulate and say it in American?:rotfl:
 
I say scones to rhyme with "blondes" and my friend, who made them, says scones to rhyme with ''stones''!!!
In the UK I think the ''blondes'' version is from the North where I originate and the ''stones'' is the posh version from the south!! :heehee:
 
Well as I'm from my South, I'd better say rhymes with stones then :heehee: Thank you for clearing this up for me-- i have no idea where the lady who taught me was originally from except "England" LOL. I will stop being a pronunciation snob :rotfl:
 
I say scones to rhyme with "blondes" and my friend, who made them, says scones to rhyme with ''stones''!!!
In the UK I think the ''blondes'' version is from the North where I originate and the ''stones'' is the posh version from the south!! :heehee:
Interesting stuff. I'd been taught that "scones" rhymes with "buns," with the annotation that's precisely where they end up upon being metabolized ...
 
smrt2run well, we'll want to reschedule that asap, won't we? :wink:
MaxBuck welcome to "my house"! Yes, scones do belong to the "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" category of food LOL
 
great posts..i have a history of a blood clot and factor V leiden...so are these lovely knee highs in my future? When I used to wear them, they cut off my circulation. My Mom had to wear them after skin cancer surgery in her leg, and she found them very comfortable...
 
Ouch Mamarey on your history. I have no history but there's always a first time...
We just got a bill today from hubby's January hernia repair-- the compression leg cuffs he wore for maybe an hour after his surgery?-- they cost over US$600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yikes: Not a covered service....
 
yikers...e gads...and i wonder why i don't sleep at night...anxiety and worry...now having hip dreams like my old school dreams where i show up, i am in the wrong place, wrong time, too late, not accepted etc....5 more weeks to peace
 
Mamarey my anxiety dreams always involve music, usually an orchestra (sometimes not my own) and missing or broken or even melted pieces to my flute. And I can't find the bathroom, or it's too nasty to use LOL. And then there's every musician's nightmare-- "I forgot my music!". That happened to me once, my husband drive 75 miles to get it to me for the concert, but I played the rehearsal from memory!
 
N.B. to Admins and Mods: This is an April Fool's Joke!! :)
FOR SALE BY OWNER
1 (one) 3" x density-4 memory foam twin bed topper, brand new, never been used.
-Reason for selling: it's impossible to turn over on it!!!!
-Best buyer: posterior approach recoverer with "sleep on back" restrictions. You WILL stay on your back!
-All genuine offers considered.
-Notes: I had NO idea what I was getting into :rotfl:

Well what on earth am I gonna do? This is too funny. I sleep on a water bed ("flotation system", if you please...); methinks that might be difficult to get around on in the early days post-op. Hubby sleeps on a rock hard foam mattress which I would have found painful when I was 30! So I ordered this memory phoam topper for me to use on his bed, thinking it would be nice and soft. Well-- it is, I'm here to report. Soft like quicksand: you sink in so deep that the canyon is hard to get out of. My water bed is like the floor in comparison! I suppose if I were Pilates type of in-shape, i wouldn't have any trouble. Now whatamigonnado?? More abs and back floor work, I guess. :loll: :rotfl: Silly me....
 
It could only happen to you it's so funny!:heehee: !! That is one soft memory foam topper!!!
 
bottomshollow "before I had my hip replaced, I had not only the problem with my hip but my knees were also giving me problems. However, even then, I did not limp. I did not allow myself to limp---I found that limping did not help the situation, so I just suffered and walked the way I should."
I just read this by you, on Mbone's thread I think. How the heck did you manage that--?? I feel I have a weird limp-- my bad leg feels substantially longer than my good one. I can't stand on the good on with the bad one tucked up next to it straight-legged-- bad one's too long, and besides that hurts too much. (Probably my pelvis tilted?) I can stand on the bad one, tuck the good one up to it and good one hangs in the air.
So my limp spends more time on the bad leg, going slowly so I don't hurt anything. I have occasionally tried to not do that, but feel like I may fall at any step--hip is not pleased-- don't want to do that. Do you have any practise tips for me? 6+ weeks till surgery, maybe time enough to retrain the legs? :) chris
 
I see you are from Virginia. I lived there as a child in the early 70s. We lived in Alexandria.
 
octopus haha Alexandria is no longer in Virginia. We call the whole area around DC "NoVa" for Northern Virginia. It's like a whole different country LOL But it is definitely lovely up there when you're on the river. Last time I visited Alexandria was 10 summers ago, the most recent "17-yr cicada cycle" hatch in that locale. Driving on the freeway was a true adventure. The tires made a totally different song as they ran over a carpet of cicadas... and talk about LOUD!!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom