THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your avatar just reminded me that bottomshollow gave me a new one, but to put it on I have to right click, and my laptop has a touch pad,
ByGosh maybe yours works like mine? There is a little bar below the touchpad, and if you hold the right side of it down while tapping the pad, I think it gives the correct result. For me, it's worth it to disable the pad (on my Acer laptop F7) and plug a real mouse into a USB port. What a relief!!!!! Anybody else do this?

e Too many British novels. Glad you didn't think I meant my husband was the bounder. When I re-read it, that's what it sounded like.
LeeApril26 um? I missed that entirely! How could anyone married to you be a bounder (or a cad, for that matter) anyway?? LOL :)

Littlejem I had to look up buckwheat! It's not wheat at all, but it's a widely used grain, according to Wikipedia. It makes very flavorful, slightly heavy, pancakes.
We have "to-your-door" supplies delivery too-- I've never tried it, though. It would be very very convenient, I can see.

Poppet glad to see you back with us again! :) You have a wonderful brekky going there ~~~~~~mmmmmmm
 
zauberflöte Chris, on you laptop where you touchpad is attached directly below it does it have to small bars if so that is your right/left click. If you do not have those then tap the right side of your touchpad twice. That is your computer lesson for the day. Hopefully your laptop looks similar to this
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
Liveringer You're good! Look at you, posting a computer picture and everything. :) I have an apple laptop and the touch pad is just plain. I asked one of my children today, and she explained it, so I'll give it a try. But thanks for your rescue attempt. And thanks for the explaination zauberflöte even if my computer is different than yours.

Elosarabrab Littlejem zauberflöte Many of my neighbors use the on-line grocery shopping with Stop & Shop here called Peapod. It does sound great and costs only an extra $10. I think it's time we started...supermarket shopping is just too much. The stores are huge, and it's a real stress, just getting through it.

Buckwheat is delicious and so healthy. Does hubby make them from scratch ZB? I used to cook whole buckwheat kernels and eat them with honey or soy sauce, back in the day when I was into macrobiotics.
 
LeeApril26 Starving! Songlady is going to make a strawberry rhubarb pie this weekend because of the new more-ish word we learned. It makes me want to make one, too. I wonder if my hips will protest too much? Maybe tomorrow. I'll have to look up the recipe and add it to the shopping list, if it isn't too complicated. I still have to cook sitting on a stool, for the most part, and it isn't so easy.
 
Liveringer Thanks! I just use my USB mouse--something causes both my Acer and hubby's Dell to misbehave HUGELY when using the mousepad (is it a Windows7 thing??). For him, plugging in a keyboard helped, but my computer can totally disable the mousepad, which drove me nuts anyway.

We don't quite have Peapod here yet, although in Richmond is a Giant brand store called Martin's. I have relatives on Cape Cod who use it all the time. No from-scratch buckwheat pancakse, I'm afraid ByGosh . I buy him a mix-- he adds all the liquid ingredients. PS can you add a real mouse to your laptop? LOL
 
Songlady Kim22. I want s-r pie! I have a freezer full of strawberries from my daughter's CSA. Do you think I could use fresh frozen strawberries?
ByGosh. I tried as tool right after surgery but it kept sliding out from under me. Now take cooking breaks on a chair a room away, since we don't have an eat-in kitchen.
 
Cardie, that was a pretty cynical remark I was making there about 90 degrees. I got this no rotation restriction at my 2 week post-op visit, so I am just sarcastically commenting on the likelihood of being given an additional restriction at my next visit... keeps me entertained

Yea, I sort of wondered that when I was writing my response...

You manage to keep your thread awfully busy and I can barely keep up. I'll have to take a look and see if you've made it to the 6th house yet and if you've gone back to the OS again yet.

On the in house PT suggestion, I didn't mean for you to go there continually for therapy just to get a list of exercises that they progress patients up to after the in-home PT. I wasn't sure you were going to get out-patient PT with your insurance related issues.

Hope you are doing well,
Cardie
 
"Snogging" means kissing. I think it went out of fashion a bit for several years (the word, not the action), but is used a lot again now. Can't say I'm as taken with it as you seem to be. Seems an ugly word to me.
Chris & glynis

Ok, I've been sucked in to this... It totally became popular again from Harry Potter!!! I love the word and one day when retrieving my teenage son from high school there was some commotion, confusion and surprise at my arrival by his friends. After a short search he and his girlfriend were found in a particular, small, rarely frequented closet that I now often to refer to as the Snogging Closet!!!!! :rotfl:

Take care,
Cardie
 
C Mac Cardie, DANG it! I was going to post for you yesterday that not only did I make it to the sixth house, but suddenly I can walk the whole block there and back! Poof just like that! I did it twice yesterday and then we google-mapped the distance-- the block round trip is 0.2 mile, so I walked 4 tenths of a mile yesterday, couldn't believe it! My next visit to OS is at my 8 weeks, mid-July. The nurse told me on the phone the ither day that the restrictions are usually lifted at that visit-- yipeee, I hope!

And yes, "occasionally" will be the best way to use my out-patient PT, which is somewhat covered by my ins.

Thanks for visiting, I look forward to seeing you here :)

Definitely a good exercise in occupational therapy
@Songlady LeeApril26 ByGosh yes, and what do we call the eating of the pie? A good exercise in, um,....? Weight gain?? LOL

LeeApril26 I just keep having this image... remember you said you felt like a circus elephant when your PT would make an obstacle course in your living room? Somewhere in the Walt Kelly "Pogo" oeuvre, is a memory of an image of just that-- an elephant recoiling in dainty horror at something. And you know, maybe it's not even Pogo, but that's how it feels to me, that it is. So my subconscious keeps churning, trying to fit a plot to that image, so I'd have a chance of looking it up!
 
zauberflöte. Congratulations on the longer walks. Now it will keep increasing. Let's not discuss eating pie-there is no rhubarb in my market. Will have to go exploring.

I think I remember exactly the Pogo strip you mean. Loved Pogo.
 
I just loveeee the new avatar zauberflöte!! Surrealistic... sort of like this hip adventure for all of us!! :SUNsmile: And walking the whole block woohoo - so impressed!!
This afternoon Sweet T is taking me to the health food store that has Elmore Oil -- can't wait to try it...
Strawberry rhubarb pie is my verrrrry favorite -- how did it turn out Songlady?? Bet it was mouthwatering fabulous... (drooling here - not pretty!)
 
zauberflöte - LOVE the new avatar!! And congrats on the walking! I think that recovery, like a lot of other things in life (learning an instrument, trying to lose weight) is NOT an even path but rather has bumps and jumps, zigs and zags.... Congratulations on a wonderful, positive zag! :yes!:
SeaSiren - yes, yummy. And - LeeApril26, I bet this particular pie could actually be made with about any kind of fruit..... peaches, perhaps....? Peaches and raspberries... (now my mouth is watering..... oh, darn...)
Also - I may check out my local health food store (in other words, phone them) to see if they have the Elmore. I tried to order online and the coupon they'd sent with the samples (10%) didn't work....So to buy it locally would at least save the shipping.
 
Found some Elmore oil yesterday and am on day two of applying it to my very sore knees. It does seem to have a cumulative effect since today it felt like a warm snug glove on my knees when I put it on. Smells great!
 
Full disclosure here-- new avatar is another from the large collection bottomshollow gave me a couple of weeks ago. This one, at least, is playing the right way!! Sort of... she looks like she's kissing the flute.... thank you Bottomshollow!!!! :)
Peaches and raspberries...
I have enough ripe peaches to make a peach cobbler, I think that's on today's agenda~~~~~mmmm Peach cobbler with raspberry sherbet and whipped cream?

I guess I'm the only one who hasn't ordered that free sample of Elmore Oil yet. I need to wake up and have some initiative!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom