THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dear we're going to get closed down here glynis LeeApril26 TeeEm Liveringer if we keep on down the slang trail...
This four-letter bird-- look what I found at broken link removed: https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/corrections/Nov08updatescorr : Page 17, Imperial Shag Phalacrocorax atricepsIn accord with SACC, change the English name to Imperial Cormorant.

Must have been a reason for that:rotfl:

glynis have a FABULOUS trip to Alaska-- wave at all the Canadians if you fly over them on your way!!
 
Like your new system of energy measurement-very scientific. Great that you are driving. I just took my first solo on Sunday. Short but fine. I know what you mean about the other arthritic pains that reemerge when you stop the high dose NSAIDS.last week I started taking turmeric capsules that, after a month, are supposed to relieve inflammation. Will let you know if it helps. How many energy u it's to build that cat corral?
LeeApril26 great driving! Where will you go for your first real drive? Please do keep us updated on the turmeric-- my hands want to know! It seems to me that I recall nixxing that for myself some time ago, as I'd read it was contra-indicated for something I have, but can NOT remember anything except the "nope, can't take" part! Arg!

Let's see, building a cat corral in EDEU's. We'll call that "as much Chocolate Late Father's Day Cake As Desired" and that's for hubby... :wink:
 
I started taking turmeric capsules that, after a month, are supposed to relieve inflammation
Ooo. Let us know how you get on. About 2 months pre-op, I managed to get on 6 month consumer trial for litozen rose-hip capsules - supposed to be natural anti-inflammatories as well. They never did anything for my hip. I think it was too late for that, but I took them post-op for the vit c content. Cant say they are doing anything for my knee, but with natural stuff, you only realise they are working when you stop taking them as the results are very subtle I found.
 
Poppet Thank you for the recipe for the inflammation oil which I have just made and tried.I was just wondering how many times a day we should massage.
 
Love the EDEU rating system, I'm definitely going to have to try that one, 'as prescribed' by Dr Zauber!! :heehee: Slang words for 'going all the way', we mustn't forget 'bonking', hope that gets through!!
You should watch Mr Selfridge, a new period drama based on the how the famous big store in London came to open, great watch.

Smarties are very similar to M&Ms, which we also have, but they traditionally come in a cardboard tube and have been around for decades in the UK.
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
Thank you for the recipe for the inflammation oil which I have just made and tried.I was just wondering how many times a day we should​
I don't know about Poppet's blend but the bottle of Elmore Oil that I bought says at least 2 times a day or more if needed. I honestly have to say so far it is working. I may have to invest in the kits that is linked here on this thread somewhere that includes the soap I could a bath in this stuff some days.....LOL
 
Just wanted to add a bit of herbal goodness. I am in love with Bath & Body Works (in the US and online, I don't know about the rest of the world) Aromatherapy - Sleep lavender and chamomile pillow mist https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11669953&cp=12587010.4431583.11226303 Best $10 (US) I ever spent. Only problem is that it does put me out, I sleep well, to well means lots of tossing and turning for me an I wake up in the AM sore as can be...

I have been told to make some turmeric honey since I use honey in my tea...will be watching this for turmeric results too.

And lastly I want peanut M&M's so bad right now...
 
I don't know about Poppet's blend but the bottle of Elmore Oil that I bought says at least 2 times a day or more if needed. I honestly have to say so far it is working. I may have to invest in the kits that is linked here on this thread somewhere that includes the soap I could a bath in this stuff some days.....LOL

That's brilliant news, it must be good stuff.
 
zauberflöte @glynis @TeeEm @Liveringer Hah, ZF! Thanks for the name of the bird:) :) There was a dance called The Shag when I was a preteen-back in the dark ages. I was too young to catch the double meaning!
Littlejem My husband has been hooked on Mr. Selfridge on PBS. Have seen most of them. He is a bounder, though.
flowergirl Thanks for the suggestion for sleeping. The insomnia is really getting to me.

I will keep you all posted about the turmeric. I plan to take it for three weeks, then cut down on the NSAIDS and see what happens. I have arthritis in my hands and knees, too, so it would be amazing if it helped and I could cut down on the drugs.

ZF not sure where my first drive in the city will be. It's hectic and crowded in most parts of the city but that doesn't usually bother me. Probably just a drive to a market or to meet a friend. I mostly use public transportation within the city.

The Elmore Oil sounds good. Will have to start mixing.
 
I want some Smarties, they look so good! I guess I'll have to settle for M&Ms...good ole M&M's.
Wheaton College in Mass. has an alum who is the M&M heiress, Mrs. Mars, and in their admissions office they would always keep little bags of blue and white M&Ms, their school colors.
flowergirl I think it's amazing that the sleep lavendar spray can help you sleep. It's really worth a try, and I'll bet it smells good, too. Thanks for the tip!
Gee Liveringer That fellow was a great dancer, wan't he? He had legs like rubber!
zauberflöte Good idea to practice your driving daily, especially before your trip to the OS. It'll help strengthen the legs for your long drive on the highway. Will you be driving the car with a clutch? I love driving standards! I haven't had one since the 70s, when I owned a VW Beetle. It feels more like really driving than an automatic.
 
ByGosh no, the very comfortable, stick shift car has sketchy brakes just now, also no a/c, so the quite uncomfortable automatic it is. I wonder if it's my brain that needs more training than my legs need strength-- the whole route is 60-70mph in usually heavy, but local-thus-know-what-they're-doing traffic. I am very used to it and can do it in my sleep, but surely do not want to be asleep for the maiden post-op voyage! I only drove a VW beetle once, but learned on a three speed Ford pickup AND a 1954 Packard!
I kept thinking, Seagull?
Songlady and a seagull is very like a cormorant how precisely?:rotfl: Wings, you say? A head, you say? By the ocean, you say? ok...........:rotfl:

Getting Back Into Real Life On A Wednesday
Today my practise drive was to the pharmacy to pick up a few things. No problems. Never go shopping hungry at suppertime, however. On my way home I passed by the Subway, and it was all over. Bought me a tuna salad sub, and sat in the car with the windows down eating it, watching the people going in and out of both the Subway and Little Caesar's Pizza. I am always amazed that people can hold their skinny smartphones between their shoulder and their ear without dropping them. The only way I can get my shoulder and my ear anywhere near each other is by holding my upper arm straight up in the air for the duration.
I forgot to report something possibly specifically "southern" about yesterday's grocery shopping. My Kroger is not one of those that bring your bags out to your car for you routinely. But my friend the cashier got me a bagger to take my cart out. Here's the southern thing-- she was a brawny athletic 20-something, who led out at a snail's pace just like me! Sweet as pie, helpful, (except I didn't notice till too late that the cantaloupe and watermelon were both rolling loose in the cargo area of the wagon) and Totally Normal for here!!

ahhhhhhhhhh Mr ZF got home from his work week 100 miles away, and is making himself buckwheat pancakes for a late supper. Smells divine! Must go mooch :) night all!!:sleep:
 
Hi zauberflöte Your avatar just reminded me that bottomshollow gave me a new one, but to put it on I have to right click, and my laptop has a touch pad, not a mouse. Time to call the kids.....gee, now where are they when I need them??? At least they helped my husband put the big a/c in downstairs last night. That was a blessing.

How are you feeling today? We're supposed to get those wicked thunderstorms with hail and lightening and thunder (duh) and heavy downpours tonight. My little dog gets frantic - he has some PTSD going on - he was a rescue, so... I imagine his previous life was not what he has now with lots of love.

Did you order any of that Elmore oil? The gent on the phone, Gregor, was very accommodating when he learned I was on a forum with lots of joint patients that were interested. He emailed Kim22 today and he's sending her a sample. I can't wait to try it.
 
You should watch Mr Selfridge, a new period drama based on the how the famous big store in London came to open, great watch
Littlejem, I got hooked on Mr. Selfridge this past year...I was not aware that the store is an actual store in London. How cool is that!

My husband has been hooked on Mr. Selfridge on PBS. Have seen most of them. He is a bounder, though.​
LeeApril26, I just googled "bounder". I have never heard that expression before, & yes he is!!!!
 
making himself buckwheat pancakes for a late supper. Smells divine! Must go mooch :) night all!!:sleep:
Are buckwheat pancakes different to normal pancakes, is buckwheat a type of flour, heard the name many times but never really known what it was. Like you say you should never shop when you're hungry, I can just see you sat in your car scoffing down your tuna sub, mmm, yum, yum!! We don't have a service that brings your bags out to the car for you after you've shopped, what a lovely idea. I do a lot of my grocery shopping online, then I have it delivered at a set time, which works great for me. I use this delivery service once a month for my monthly staples, toilet rolls, washing liquid, cereals etc, with some stores, provided you spend over £50 they will deliver it free to your home without you having to go out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom