THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anniemg Hello there. What were you doing in the pool all day? Enjoying yourself and swimming? Or do you work in a pool? Like teaching lessons? I don't know....And so sorry to hear the other hip is starting to act up and ruining your sleep! Poor dear, it's bad enough to have daytime pain when you're awake anyway, but to have night time pain that keeps you awake - it's just not fair. You will feel so much better to have it taken care of. You're smart not to wait too long.​

ByGosh, Hi...Good to hear from you...I was just enjoying myself at our pool..We've had an above the ground pool since our kids were little...they're gone, but my husband & I really enjoy it ourselves. I've been doing my exercises in the water as well as swimming. No pain in the water...Wonderful. I'm not going to second guess myself anymore. Just resign myself to getting the other hip healthy too...
How are you doing?
 
ByGosh - yes, well, Sam had so much equipment to bring to Maine, I'm not sure there was enough room for both Mom and Dad! Some years we have gone up with him, dropped him off and have stayed in a friend's house for the week. We hope to do something like that later this summer, but Songman's new job has him tied to the home area more than we'd like.
anniemg - I have been through your area a gazillion times on the way to Maine!!! So - pleased to meet you, and next time we drive through, I'll see you in your pool for hip therapy!
 
Hi everyone, well my personal review of the oil continues and I an enthusiastic with applying it every morning. I have always found that (like our recoveries) time will tell when using Natural Medicine. I am hopeful that the anti-inflammatory effects continue, I can't see any reason why not. As we are in our winter, I like to makes sure I apply heat at the same time and I notice that it works faster.

Remember as with all natural medicine, the benefits are often very subtle and it is only when I suddenly think 'oh, it is not hurting' that I think Hmmm! There is something to this particular formula. One of the benefits is that it is not being ingested.. That is very good.

Don't forget to do a skin patch sensitivity test. If you get a reaction stop and return it. Good luck :) tag me and let me know :)
 
Poppet please will you post the recipe for your own home made inflammatory massage oil as I had already ordered the eucalyptus and tea tree oils you suggested I should get? My back is really giving me problems and I have great hope for this, can I rub it on the cut area for inflammation? If this doesn't work then I will probably send for the ready made one you have now found but I'd like to try making it first. Thanks x :)
 
Littlejem, definitely do not use this on an open incision. I used 100 ml of pure Virgin cold pressed olive oil with four drops of tea tree and four drops of eucalyptus oil. I didn't use vanilla.

I have to say, I am rather excited about purchased oil. It is the percentages that is doing the trick.

Just remember that both TT and Eucalyptus are very potent so don't use more than that to start with. :) tag me and let me know :)
 
Thanks Poppet I won't use it on the cut area, here's hoping it'll give me some relief and I'll let you know how it's going x
 
Dear ZF

My apologies once again for previously suggesting that you might try to run before you could walk. I get confused where everyone's up to, and I suppose I just thought, well, if anyone's running, more than likely if will be ZF.

Could you give me a pointer of advice? I love language, and like to hear it used correctly, but I also believe it should move with the times, and I like to keep up (ever mindful that it is only a matter of time before I come across as the ever-so-slightly bonkers old lady, desperate to regain her youth). Anyway, I am already rambling...

This is my point. I regularly now hear the expression "to luck out". I believe we have imported this from the USA. Now, to my UK ears, this sounds as though it should mean "to run out of luck, or to fail". However, often it seems to be used as a suggestion quite opposite to that: rather "to be lucky, to succeed".

As one of the great current slew of "poster girls", I turn to you for guidance. A number of you have a real gift for expression, and I'm sure some of you use this phrase.

What does it mean?
 
Hi zauberflöte Where are you today? How is everything going for you? I'll let you answer glynis, as she tagged you. Although I am tempted....but your the linguistic brains of the bunch, I think.

anniemg Hi. How lucky to have our own pool in your yard, especially in this hot, humid, yucky weather! I think the pool is the perfect place to be right about now. It sure takes the stress off of the hips, doesn't it? I read someplace just recently, that walking in waist deep water takes 50% of the weight off of the hips/legs, so it is highly recommended for joints. My exercise right now is going to the Y and paddling around in the pool. I still have pain from what the OS calls "soft tissue inflammation" in my groins, so I can't walk any distance to benefit me. At least I feel that I can do some type of exercise at the pool! It's great that you can do that whenever you want. It must help both of your hips, too.

Thanks for posting the recipe for the oil Poppet ! I hope it helps your back Littlejem . It's really unfortunate that's what is bothering you now. How is you hip? You don't seem to say much about it, so I guess it isn't too bad. I'll pop over to your thread, and see.
 
Poppet,zauberflöte,Littlejem,sandybeach,Peaches,Songlady,Kim22,LeeApril26 and others today I went to a health food store and found this Elmore Oil. It is roll-on all natural product. I will give this a try for about a few days to a week and I'll report back how it has worked for ME. I did try it on some achy muscles and I must say I think it helped but we'll see. And I bought myself some lavender see if that helps with some sleepless nights. I haven't had many but if I end up taking a nap after dinner seems like I am awake for hours before I fall asleep again grrrrrr.
 
glynis who, me?? RUN? Not likely! I'm being very careful here... but it's noce that you think of me that way!:heehee: Ok, I htink I wish ByGosh had taken this one, "to luck out", because I'm afraid I'll trip over some regional dfference and display my ignorance! I don't use it often, but I do understand it to mean, paradoxically, "to be in luck".
You have more of a gift for expression than certainly I do-- so here's an easy one for you, taken from a BBC tv show, but I've read it frequently in the "lit". "Snogging"-- is that just, like, maybe, heavy kissing, or is it how we'd say "going all the way"? I guessed from context the former. It's an adorable word, I love it whatever it means!! Sounds like there ought to be a great deal of Kleenex involved! "Snog!" "Gesundheit!"

add Mr. Selfridge to your list of bbc shows....I also got hooked on call the midwife & downton abbey...Books....Have you read any Adriana Trigiani....she is a very light read...enjoyable....how about the girl with the dragon tattoo series.....excellent! I liked the swedish subtitle movies better than the american. Just me.. 6 months for that pea thing to iron itself out..i'll blow my brains by then(kidding)!
I've watched all of Call the Midwife and we're working on Downton Abbey together. I just stalked Richard Briers to ground in The Monarch of the Glen, which has tons of long episodes, and I am absolutely hooked-- what a wacky show, and what a castle! My reading has been a pile of science fiction pulp magazines, I'm finally up to July!

And I just had a thought - "Smarties" in Britain are a small chocolate sweet, covered in a brightly coloured sugar coating and are very more-ish. Another choccy link!
Ooo we have that, called M&M's. Our Smarties are a tiny roll of sweet-tart fruit flavor tiny lozenges-- no chocolate at all.

Congratulations On Driving For The First Time! Especially alone..you're brave! I had someone with me the first few trys. It does make you feel less like you're homebound, doesn't it? Good for you. The world is your oyster now..:)
tada yes! I had to do it alone b/c there was no time for anybody to help me out. I will practise every day :)
 
Poppet Littlejem sandybeach Peaches Songlady Kim22 LeeApril26
Liveringer TeeEm beckylou SeaSiren TennisNut

Five Week Update in Energy Drain Equivalency Units (EDEU's)
One EDEU= One 49 minute episode of Monarch of the Glen

Getting up the nerve to go grocery shopping, short form= 1 EDEU
Actually going grocery shopping, short form= 2 EDEU's
Sorting and starting a load of wash, followed by
completely changing out a litter box= 1 1/2 EDEU's
Giving lap to housebound cat= 1/2 EDEU

So you can see that my busy day included 4 hours of elevating with ice! And a heck of a lot of laughing!
The big thing this week has been driving. I've taken myself out 3 times, twice with an objective. Three weeks from tomorrow I have to drive the interstate for 45 minutes, have an OS PA visit (oh noooooo! new restrictions???:heehee: ), and drive back. So I will take a leaf from Peaches book and practise a bit every day. Gonna eat up the gas, but it's gotta be did, and nobody can do it but me...
And, the "Princess and the Pea" phenomenon, only the lump I feel is larger than a pea. This too shall pass, someday LOL
It is officially too darn hot and humid and mosquito-y to walk outside, except after 11:00pm. I can't unfold the treadmill as it's too heavy, so will wait till Mr ZF gets home tomorrow. Meanwhile, I meander around the house.
Oh-- percocet all gone except for going to the movies. I use tylenol and advil regularly all day. Can't tell if it's time to spread those doses out-- my hands and my left hip really miss the very high dose of advil I was taking pre-op. I never knew my hands were this bad!
Plan to go to PT maybe this week, to see if there's anything I can be doing at home. I added a little step-ups on a 4" platform, started that today. 8 reps, one set. Don't want to overdo it!
 
Hi all! glynis, to "luck out" oddly enough seems to mean to be extremely lucky. I have no clue how that idiom got started. To "strike out" means, as when a player misses hitting the ball continually in baseball, to run out of luck completely and miss whatever it is one has been trying to do.
And US Smarties ... little pastel fruit wafers, slightly tart. Older Songboy's university gives them out at events. :heehee:
anniemg - you're on for the pick-up next time we head North. Our older son has remarked with much humor how interesting it is that in that area of the world, it seems that the poet John Greenleaf Whittier was born on the side of the Interstate highway! There is a sign on the side of the road saying "Birthplace of J.G.Whittier"...:rotfl:
SeaSiren - my BIL and SIL are in New Hampshire for the week while their kids are at camp in Maine with Songboy! Lots of our family coming through those northern New England roads.....
zauberflöte? I just heard a screech of brakes..... but, no, you should be hundreds of miles away from me....how is that clutch leg?
 
Many thanks for info on "lucked out", ladies. I had thought it must mean what you say, from the contexts in which I've heard it, but I am disappointed, as I would have liked to add it to my lexicon, but can't bring myself to say something which sounds so cock-eyed.

To answer your questions, ZF:

Smarties are not the same as M&Ms. They are basically the same idea, but are smaller, and flatter. More of a disc shape. Here, we've had Smarties much longer than M&Ms.

"Snogging" means kissing. I think it went out of fashion a bit for several years (the word, not the action), but is used a lot again now. Can't say I'm as taken with it as you seem to be. Seems an ugly word to me.

Don't know if I can write any slang words for what you coyly describe as "going all the way". Here's a clue: One is the name of a bird which is very similar to a cormorant. Four letters (of course), beginning with an S. We also have the F word, but I'm sure you know that one.

I am going on a wildlife trip to Alaska for 2 weeks, and will check in on you all on return. Sincerely hope you all make good progress in that time.
 
Smarties are not the same as M&Ms. They are basically the same idea, but are smaller, and flatter. More of a disc shape. Here, we've had Smarties much longer than M&Ms.​
glynis Our smarties in the US are small flat round discs that are tart.
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
Have a wonderful time in Alaska!
 
zauberflöte. Like your new system of energy measurement-very scientific. Great that you are driving. I just took my first solo on Sunday. Short but fine. I know what you mean about the other arthritic pains that reemerge when you stop the high dose NSAIDS.last week I started taking turmeric capsules that, after a month, are supposed to relieve inflammation. Will let you know if it helps. How many energy u it's to build that cat corral?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom