Guest viewing is limited

TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

That memory fog is an experience. I remember very little about my actual hospital stay, just bits and pieces. It is nice to be able to hold a conversation without falling asleep in the middle.
 
Your scar is looking great! That 'hospital' fog is funny when my daughter tells me some of the things I said or did. You're doing well. I wish you luck with your upcoming IVF. Have you decided on a date?
 
Zakie, your post made my day! I am so, so glad that you are doing so much better. Even more important, you have gotten back to the point of optimism. I'm sure that being in your own home has to be fantastic and I'm bet you are happy to have your husband back. Happy 6 week kneeiversary!
 
What a difference 4 weeks makes! Your knee's swelling is way down and your scar looks great!
 
My husband is a rambler. It's not been a problem in 20+ years together, except now. My med fog means I literally can't follow his rambling conversation. Several times I've had to be blunt and tell him to get to his point quickly, my brain is not following.
 
I'm glad to hear you're feeling so much better, Zakie, and that the prospect of an IVF transfer isn't so very far away. :yes!:
You will need to be off all the pain medications before the IVF procedure.
 
That month mark is marvelous and seems to be a turning poin for many. I'm so happy you're feeling better! Just imagine how you'll feel in another month!
 
@ Zalmick, so glad to here you are doing so well, your scar looks great.
It is nice to be off the meds and out of the fog!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for the well wishes ladies.

No date for IVF transfer yet, still a few months out at least but I can see it happening now. [emoji3]

Saw OS today he is happy with my extension at this stage, the leg is straight. Flexion was just under 90 today... GRRRR! It was quite swollen.
He said he is happy with my progress so far but would like it to improve (obviously), I see him in 4wks. He did mention a MUA, if I'm plateauing...I explained the progress in the last week alone and he agrees that some patients need extra time, he isn't worried but just wanted to be upfront with me. I'm not either and know that it's still early days. Will keep doing what I'm doing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You've got the right attitude! It is very early in your recovery and you are doing well. Unfortunately, that swelling is hard for some of us to get rid of. Keep up that icing and elevating and it'll come down! Good for you telling your OS how well you did last week! And good that he didn't press a MUA.
 
No date for IVF transfer yet, still a few months out at least but I can see it happening now.
[Bonesmart.org] Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread
It's good to hear that you are feeling improved enough to contemplate the IVF.

Waiting for a few more months should give the post-op energy drain time to decrease as well. I found that I was very tired during the early weeks of my pregnancies, and you may find the same.
 
Went out socially to my sister in laws 40th bday party this afternoon/evening. Oh my first time out like that after op and I'm shattered. Watching everyone dancing and having a few drinks was wishing I could join them, but not to be this time.
 
I'm glad you went to the party, even though you couldn't join in the activities. That old energy drain is so real, but it will fade gradually.
 
You'll be jumping in to that dancing before you know it!
 
I am sure it did you good to you out socially. You can have a few drinks and dance before you know it.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's good that you got to get out. It is hard to watch others doing what you wish you could do, but before you know it you will be out there, too.
 
Long story short I had to sit in the backseat behind a tall driver (my sister) today in a little hatchback, car seat to my left (remember in oz driver is on right of car).. my knee hasn't been in this much bend since before the operation and I hadn't attempted to get in this side of the car yet as it's been easier leading with my right than my left. Not good for my knee with my long legs.

Had to get her to stop half way through as I thought I was going to vomit from the pain.

Ended up stretching my legs behind the passenger seat under the car seat ... why I didn't do this in the first place is beyond me... silly! Silly!

So there is a lot of swelling tonight. rest, ice and elevate..!

However I seem to be able to bend it more, which is crazy due to the amount of swelling but I'll take it.

The pain we go through for beauty, least the greys are gone now and I feel more refreshed with my haircut.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh man, I need a cut and color something fierce. I think at this point, I'd ride in a clown car and endure the pain for it. Lol
 
Going to the hairdresser is always a mood lifter!
 
Back
Top Bottom