Guest viewing is limited

TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

@gr82cu2, thanksJanet. Where exactly did your a baker's cyst bother you? Sometimes I don't know if it's the cyst or just the healing of the knee replacement. I just got done doing my exercises and the back of my knee, all around the crease area, was really hurting tonight when I would bend and straighten my leg.
 
I could feel a lump right in the back crease of my knee but it wasn't in the center. It was more from the center towards the lateral side. The lump wasn't hard. It was more like a small fluid filled sack. It was very tender but also at the same time my hamstring tendon was very sore too. My OS said "it's probably a baker's cyst and it will go away" and it did. I'd guess it bothered me pretty good for 4-6 weeks and then all of a sudden it was gone. Hope you feel better soon. I'm having an I can't get my legs comfortable night. It's gonna be a long one I think.
 
@gr82cu2, I can't really tell where the cyst is. I have fat knees (I really do) and with my knee still being swollen it's hard to tell. I just know that it's been bothering me all day. I finally gave in about an hour ago and took a pain pill. It is feeling so much better. I've decided to try a cup of chamomile tea with honey hoping that it will relax me and I can have a good night's sleep. Luckily I have been able to sleep the last couple of nights but I wake up around 4 times. This morning when I woke up Joe had already left for work. He always gives me a kiss when he leaves and I always wake up. When I talked to him later, he said that I didn't even stir. That's a first!
I hope you get comfortable and have a good night. Anne
 
@Yorkimom I have had a bakers cyst a few times before surgery. They were all in the back crease of my knee as @gr82cu2 described. They have always dissolve in a few weeks. Hope you get relief soon.
 
Anne I could feel mine best when I straightened my leg as much as possible. Then the lump would sort of stick out and I could feel it. I'm glad you got some relief from your pain pill and hope you had a good rest. Once my pain med kicked in last night I was able to get my legs relaxed and actually slept well :)
 
Well bad night awful day. Blah. Leg cramps and fire down it. Gez. 17 days post opp and I am ready go nuts lol.


SonnysWife❤️
 
@gr82cu2, I really can't feel a lump. Today it's been painful again all day. Sometimes it becomes a dull ache and goes all the way down to my foot. I did good in PT today. Christine said she agrees with the doctor that I should get more ROM if at keep working at it. She was glad that he gave me a choice and a I don't have to have the MUA. She said it is like starting over again with the pain. She also said that she did send him a note a couple of weeks ago that my ROM was going very slowly. It she said that in her experience that when there are adhesions, etc., that when you go to push it gets "stuck". My knee doesn't feel like that. She said there is more "give" but that it is just too painful for me so she stops. So our plan is for me to go once a week for the next two weeks with me exercising on my own in between. Then I think I'll go back the middle or end of January to see how I'm progressing. One thing I've learned about a TKR......you must have patience!!!!!!!!!!!
 
One thing I've learned about a TKR......you must have patience!!!!!!!!!!!
You can sure say that again! My bottle of patience is running out as is yours, I'm sure. Your pain is sure lingering a long time like mine is, only even longer! You poor thing :'( Michelle has taken things much easier with me on this 2nd leg as she knows how much it has hurt me. Don't force yourself though because that can only cause problems in the long run. Maybe you've got some chronic inflammation going on in there or something. I get the ache too all the way down to my ankle and one time I think it's bone and the next time I think it's muscle. :shrug:
 
@gr82cu2, exactly!! With all the ache's and pains with the TKR it is hard to know whether it's bone or muscle. I'm leaning more towards muscle now. After some of the exercises I stretch my leg before I walk and at times I can feel all different muscles tightening. It is just a long process, but we will get through this. I just keep telling myself that at some point this knee will feel like my right knee. I will be a happy camper when that happens, as I know you will be when it happens for you too.
 
Well the past two days have been good knee days. I've been having mostly the tight band feeling, but no pain.
Unfortunately I started feeling bad yesterday with a sore throat and stuffed head. I'm wondering if feeling so lousy is making me not think of my knee. I have been trying to be diligent with my exercises since I'm going to PT once a week now, but yesterday I skipped them. Even though I didn't feel like it I did do some of them today. Anyway I'm hoping I can kick this in the next couple of days. This is not the best time of the year to get sick!
 
Terrible time of year to get sick. I hope you get over it soon. Don't beat yourself up over not doing your exercises for a day or two. You'll be just fine. And yes I do think the other crud happening could have your mind off your knee :) For about the first 3 weeks of my 2nd knee I didn't even know my 1st one existed, haha! It's back to reminding me but gently :) Feel better!
 
@gr82cu2, I did a few exercises today, not much. This cold or whatever it is, is getting worse. I just keep sneezing, coughing and am all stuffed up. I was supposed to get my allergy shot tomorrow, but a I think I will wait.
I didn't have a good night last night. Had the RLS and didn't get to sleep until around 4. I did everything I could think of.....heating pad on small of back, heating pad in back of leg, walking around, doing leg lifts and even tried the bar of soap at the foot of my bed. Nothing worked. I had taken cold meds around 11 and waited until 3 before I took a pain pill. I'm going to go to the doctors tomorrow for my cold and am going to talk to him about the RLS. Hopefully he can give me something. It never lasted this long last time. I've had it 5 out of the last 7 nights.
On a good note, I am finally able to sleep for a small amount of time comfortably on my side. Putting a pillow hasn't been woeking, so I tried folding a fleece throw and putting that between my knees. It's just thick enough and is so soft. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight...that is if my stuffy nose lets me breath
 
@Yorkimom sorry you are sick. The surgery seems to weaken our immune systems. Glad you are going to the dr tomorrow so it doesnt get worse over the holiday. Hope you can sleep tonight.
 
I hope you don't have the flu. They are saying it's really bad this year and the vaccine (I got one) isn't very effective. Our daughter in law is down and out with the flu for the past several days. She's supposed to fly to NJ tomorrow to be with her family for Christmas.

Don't forget to ask your doctor about the RLS. It sounds miserable to me. I was awake until about 2 am but just because I'm dumb and don't settle down to sleep. I didn't wake up till 10. I hate that. It feels like the day is 1/2 gone. Not that I have a busy schedule :/ The folded fleece blanket sounds great! I have one that is very soft too. I love it but it is just throw size and isn't quite long enough for me to use as a blanket. Otherwise I would. I love how soft it is.

Here's wishing you a much better night with restful sleep and legs that don't torture you. (((hugs)))
 
@gr82cu2, I don't think I have the flu. It's more like a sinus infection which I used to get all the time. The RLS has already started again. Tonight it's the right leg. There is no rhyme or reason. I hate this. At least it's still early and hopefully won't last all night.
I hope your DIL is feeling better soon. How is your knee doing????
 
Sorry to hear that yorkimom.I hv the.old.burning legs to getting to point.of.loch or.chainsaw

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin I hope your legs feel better soon. I feel like getting a chainsaw right now....wouldn't have to deal with this anymore!
 
I know its a pain.scuse punn. I'm ok in.that haven't.slept.much in.last ten.years so tomorrow.will.take.care.of itself.just annoying.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yorkimom....when you get the restless leg problem do be sure you are taking your pain medications on a set schedule. It can occur sometimes as a manifestation of pain and if you keep medication in your system, it will do a better job of controlling things that make you uncomfortable. You're less than one month out, so still very early in the recovery process.

I'm assuming your medications say you can take 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours, so set up a schedule that works for you if you haven't done so already.
 
Back
Top Bottom