Guest viewing is limited

TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

It's just that last week, I was examined by the physio because I'd strained my knees particularly badly. The physio asked if I had any pins and needles which I didn't.

I think it's a good idea to mention this tomorrow. I cannot offer any advice I'm not trained. I'm really sorry if I alarmed you that wasn't my intention x

Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 , no worries Ann! I mentioned it to my regular doctor this morning and he thinks it's just the nerves which can last up to a year or sometimes never completely go away. He said his wife had a spot on the side of her knee that did the same thing after her surgery. He showed me the area on his knee and it's the exact same spot. He also said there are nerves that run diagonally there.
 
@Celle, thank you so much! Yes, it sounds very similar to what I am experiencing although my "patch" is a little farther away from my incision. It sounds like my nerve endings are waking up! How have you been??
 
I'm good thanks, Anne. Back to my normal life.

The numb patch on my right knee (TKR 3+ years ago) is becoming less numb.
Strangely, the numb patch on my left knee (done 5+ months ago) has never been as large or as completely numb as the patch on my right leg.
 
Hiya how have you been?? Xxx



SonnysGal
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Angel1978. I have been doing well and things are pretty much back to normal. I am back a at the gym working with my trainer and next week will be my first day back at golfing. Hang in there, Mary. You are only four weeks out from this past surgery. It will get better. Anne
 
Thanks a lot. I've had a rough time. Still in Pt. Glad to hear your ok.
 
Boy, I didn't realize it's been months since I last posted. I can't believe today is my one year anniversary for my left knee. Well, truthfully during that year I thought this stage would never come, but now that it is here it seems like the time flew by.
There were many challenges during the last year and it was so different than the first knee but I am finally at a good place.
The outer part of the knee is still a little swollen, numb and warm to the touch at times, but when I went to the doctor for my year check up last week, he said that it is still healing. When they say up to a year, they are not kidding.
Six months ago I still questioned whether or not I should have had the surgery done. Now I am happy I did. Yes, I still get a weird pain here and there that doesn't last long, but overall my knee is doing great. I wish I had more ROM but it caught up to the right knee. I will never be able to hunch down on my feet to line up a golf ball on the green like others, but that is okay. I don't have that nagging ache and the fear that if I moved a certain way my knee would pop.
I walk an average of five miles a day and workout with the trainer two days a week, so no complaints there!
I can do everything that I did before except getting down on my knees, but the doctor said that would come since it is only the left knee that keeps me from doing that.
So even though it has been a hard year, it has been well worth it!!!!!!
 
Hello Anne

Oh it's so nice to hear from you. Gosh that year went fast! Wow five mile walks and trainer twice a week, you must be looking so good! And back to golf too yaay :yay: Fantastic!

I'm over the moon at your progress. Yes it does take ages for some of us to heal but wow you have done wonderfully.

I hope you are keeping okay and hope to hear from you soon xxx
 
@Nana moon 27, Hi Ann!! It's good to hear from you too. How are you doing? I apologize that I haven't been checking in to see how you have been. I just haven't been on Bonesmart at all. How is your new knee doing? I hope you are having a smoother recovery than the first time around.
I have to say that I have been very busy. At the end of June I got a Fitbit (measures your steps) and made a goal of walking 10,000 steps a day. I am proud to say that as of today I have made my goal (average 11,000 steps per day) every day since I started and haven't missed a day yet. In the beginning of September our golf group went on our annual golf trip. I golfed 18 holes three days in a row and my knees were fine.
I have been having a few problems with my shoulder and I went to physical therapy for four weeks. I went back to Christine who was my therapist for my knees. Anyway on my last day she was measuring my range of motion for my shoulder and I asked her if she would measure my knee. Laying comfortably on the table with my knee bent it was 116 and when she pushed it back it was 122. I'm sure I could have gotten it back a little farther, but I was so happy with those numbers after all the trouble I had previously had with my ROM. It just goes to show that if you keep working it gets better, even months and months after surgery. So if anyone is having trouble with your ROM, just keep working on it. It will come!
 
Hi Anne,
So lovely to hear from you!

I'm glad that you feel that your knees are in a good place now. Yes, it really does take a year or so before we can realise that and feel normal again.

Keep enjoying those new knees. :yes!: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Anne

Please don't apologise. It's just lovely to know you're back in the real world again. I'm so pleased to hear about your rom too. That is amazing. I love that you managed to do your golfing again. It makes a massive difference when you can return to normal things again.

I'm not on here as much as I used to. I have had problems with my new knee but seem to have turned a corner now and I seem to be having more good days than bad. I'm due to see the OS on Tuesday. Im under threat of MUA which I will refuse as I don't see the point when I'm improving at my own pace.

The troublesome nightmare that was my first TKR is fabulous. Yes it still aches and let's me know when I've done too much but compared to how it was it's 100% better. The rom is really good and since the revision last September, it is now straight as well! It feels like a normal knee most of the time.

Take care Anne. It's so nice that you popped in to give us an update. I hope that your hubby is ok too.

Love Ann x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom