THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nana757 , this is a little off-topic at this point, but I LOVE the photos of you snuggling in your cocoon-is this at your home or at the rehab? Your room is so tidy and clean I was wondering. My bedside table is piled with books, meds and vitamins. Congrats on all your progress and hope you will be able to bowl soon. I asked my PA how soon I could go horseback riding, and she looked concern, but laughed when I told her I hadn't done it in years but was thinking of taking it up again.
 
@LaylaHips
Yes, that is my bedroom, for now. It's actually our guest bedroom, but I took it over when I started having hip issues. It helped both my DH and me get better rest at night. We are both so concerned about the other getting a good night sleep, that it worked perfectly. He's resting well knowing I'm in my little cocoon and I'm resting well knowing I'm not bothering him during the night. It's a win win situation. Fortunately, we haven't any overnight guests either.
Actually, I went with my DH to the bowling alley to watch him practice. I decided I would go ahead and give it a try. I ended up bowling 2 games. I stunk, but at least I found out I could do it. I'm not ready for league bowling yet...need more practice and confidence..but I'm not suffering from it YET! And it's been 5 hours since we bowled. We'll see how I feel tomorrow, though. If I don't feel any worse for wear, I'll give it another try in a few days. It actually felt really good to do something for fun, rather than something that is necessary. Hmmm, horseback riding? That seems questionable. Doesn't that involve jarring up and down on the saddle? I would have given a concerned look too. But who am I to judge! I just bowled today!
 
Hi @Nana757
Its the mad woman here. I have improved suddenly without warning, I can walk in two shoes and drove for the first time in over 3 months. I went to the local supermarket and when the cashier said "how are you today?" I wanted to burst in to tears. In another shop an assistant said 'I have cut my finger and it is so sore' I wanted to say THATS NOTHING YOU WANT TO TRY A HIP" Despite feeling very emotional I was on my best behaviour. Then when I got home there was the most brilliant sunset. Too much emotion in one day.

Oh well I will leave you to your taping, your bowling and like you I will give a bikini a miss. x
 
Ohhhh @copsham! I am so thrilled for you! What a remarkable day you had. And I shed a few tears for you. I know how emotional we can get just doing what others take for granted. And to top it off with a glorious sunset..could your day have been any better? Thank you for sharing your day with me. It really means a lot and I pray tomorrow is even a better day. Now, just relish in your accomplishments!
 
@Nana757
Woooohoooo!:):)
The other side. Completely fantastic!
Great news on new rehab. SOUNDS FANTASTIC. Get busy healing and resting.
Have a great day Tuesday.
Sending prayers and calm stomache thoughts.:wowspring::egypdance:
 
Ohhhhh..I knew that would be your reaction @Cynthia777. But believe me when I say I was very cautious...too cautious if you ask me...and didn't fire the ball down the alley, like I used to. It was almost in slow motion for me. And I didn't break any restrictions...no bending, except slightly to get the ball from the return and I didn't bend when I threw the ball.
 
Oh gosh, here you go again! As I visualize you, here's me....
[Bonesmart.org] YAHOO!  I made it!
 
Its surprising how the scar can fade

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Laughter IS the best medicine, isn't it @Plum Perfect?
And, @Legin, you are absolutely right. Mine has faded so much, after almost 9 weeks, I barely notice it anymore.
I woke up this morning feeling the best I've felt in a couple of weeks. My knee isn't hurting and that thigh muscle is hardly bothering me at all. Maybe I should have gone back to bowling sooner?!?!
 
Me right oh dagnabit that's my one getting it right for the year used up


Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh MY Goodness! I take a day and sleep a lot and look at what I've missed! Nana is bowling, Copsham had two shoes on and is out there living and enjoying again! Congrats @copsham - you deserve every smile and rainbow.. god bless you, you have been through it!
Legin is reassuring us about our scars, I think he hopes to see a bikini shot.. :rotfl:
I haven't been bikini material for years so it's funny that I mentioned it as if it were an option!
So Nana, did you bowl with your ankle weights on,too?? hahahhahaha!
I am so pleased to hear that it was ok, in my mind bowling is similar movements as my giving a massage so this gives me such hope!
cynthia, OMG that picture.. it's so funny! How did I miss so much yesterday??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am laughing my head off here. As you all have probably noticed, I am the typo and transpose queen. Esp. while on drugs. so I go back and edit all of the time. I just re read my post and I had posted that Nana was blowing.... I just can't stop laughing.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My dear @CricketHip .... A day off with a lot of sleeping is just what is needed in the early stages. And you are doing so well with your recovery! Nope, didn't use the ankle weights...thought that would've been a little overboard. But, I actually did consider it. So, you give massages? I'm getting one tomorrow, finally, and am wondering if I should just get the relaxing or deep tissue?
I saw that little typo and started laughing, but knew what you really meant. Lol
 
nana,, the sleep felt wonderful, it was like I was craving it.
stay away from deep tissue unless you are using someone that you know and trust. If it were me working on you, I would thoroughly work the muscles all around that hip replacement and address all of the glutes and thigh muscles, easing in gently and working to your comfort level. one bit of advice, if you are still taking pain meds,, go easy on the meds so you are in tune with how the massage feels... you don't want any surprises later on.
Do you have any restrictions? If yes, make sure they know not to go crazy with stretches and range of motion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom