Guest viewing is limited

THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much @DeepBreath and you are so very welcome! My husband says I'm the most stubborn person he's ever come across. But he also calls me an alien, because I'm not normal! He has a few other very descriptive adjectives for me, but none are printable...lol!
:heehee:
 
Hello @Nana757 just catching up on your thread, so amazing to hear about the transformation that takes place in 9 weeks. I hope you have sunshine today.
 
I so agree @Plum Perfect, our bodies are remarkable, aren't they! But I truly have to thank my OS and my good genes for the recovery I've had...and all the PT. We are getting spits and spurts of sun today, but the wind is incredible at times. And the rain is supposed to return sometime later today, if not sooner. Hoping you have a good, pain free day!
 
Not leaving...PHEW! If you could have seen my face when I thought you were leaving us! This about sums it up...
[Bonesmart.org] YAHOO!  I made it!
 
LOL @Cynthia777 :) I agree!
@Nana757, perhaps we could get together when I'm back on my feet and you and my hubby could bowl a few games together. I stink at bowling, but I'm great at cheering folks on and having a beer or two at the lanes. :)
 
OMG @Cynthia777! You just made me pee my pants again! That picture is hysterical! You are the queen of comedy! Thank you..I so needed a good laugh.. I tried looking in the mirror, but that didn't work! So thank you!
And @DeepBreath ... That sounds like a plan! Does he golf?
 
@Nana757, yes he does golf! His poor back is a bit dodgy right now, but he gets a game in whenever he can. I think you two would hit it off well. He is also very stubborn. :)

LOLing at the 'peeing my pants' comments. Perhaps I shouldn't. My bladder ain't what it used to be and with the added time getting to the loo with my walker and getting situated, it's been a close thing a couple of times.
We should write a book about our adventures after hip surgery. :yes:
 
I can totally relate @DeepBreath! There were at least 3 or 4 times when I was in rehab, when I was washing my undies in the sink and hanging them on the grab bars to dry. Probably TMI, but it was actually funny at the time. I thought, daggonnit, I am definitely getting old and need a bigger supply of undies!
Next time we make it up your way...we like Colonial Heritage and Kiskiak courses. Of course, it'll be sometime before I'm ready....but, something to look forward to.
 
Not TMI at all, @Nana757. :) A friend of mine keeps reminding me that Depends are a perfectly legitimate option and I've scoffed thusfar. I might be leaning towards that dark side though. I can only imagine how ridiculous I look doing the laying down pee-pee dance until I feel like I have enough control to get to the facilities. I know I worry my dog when I'm doing it. She hovers around looking at me like I've lost my mind. :heehee:

I'm sure my husband would love to play a round of golf with you. He's been pretty busy getting settled into his job and hasn't had much time to research the area courses. I know he'd appreciate getting the inside scoop from someone who knows. No rush. He'll be happy whenever the time is right for you.
 
I'm here, sweet pea! Just got back from bowling and am chillin' watching the Presidents cup. And, yes, I know what time it is...past my bedtime and posting time. But it is you, after all. Can't pass up my good buddy! Things are way too normal now. Loving it!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh heck...you know me so well! When I saw you post, the first thing I did was look at the time! :heehee:
You're something else girl! I feel so special!!!! Hope you bowled well and always remember that you have been such an inspiration to not only me, but to so many others...it's just who you are. :-)
 
Awwww...you are just too sweet. I bowled much better tonight than last week and actually helped my team win all 3 games. YAHOO!!! Okay, I'm gonna turn in now. We'll talk tomorrow and I'll tell ya all about it. All I can say is WOW...I feel better now than I have in several weeks. Maybe it's just getting out there and doing something I really enjoy doing instead of something I'm expected to do or have to do. Whatever it is, I'm going with it!
Have a wonderful night, my friend!
 
What is really strange to me is that I have not been to PT in nearly 7 days and for some reason, my knee and thigh issues have all but disappeared. Maybe I was pushing too hard and the "rest" is what I needed. Maybe it's just doing "normal" things, like housework, shopping and bowling. Whatever the reason, I'm loving it. With the beautiful weather we are expecting for the next week, maybe I'll give golf a try. Of course, not the full golf swing...but easing into it. But, we'll see. I may chicken out.
Have a wonderful day everyone!
 
@Nana757
That is a super report!! bowling and helping win the games! I like hearing that you are feeling better with each passing day, still. HHmm, about the PT. I tend to think you are right.
Hasn't the weather been amazing? Good golfing weather..... :tennis: ok, ok, I couldn't find a golf club. hahahah
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom