Guest viewing is limited

THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope DH ALWAYS brings you your coffee every morning....my DH always has, and per my gentle demands, always will! It's one of those lovely things in life that makes me feel like a princess! :heehee:
 
On the mornings he gets up before me, yes he does. But then I reciprocate, when I get up before him, so he can feel like the King, he is!
:heehee:
 
Before we leave for the bowling alley, so I can root my team on, I thought I'd post a little update. Went to PT today and, yes, she bumped me up quite a bit. Doing 30 reps on all the exercises (I think there's about 15 of them, give or take) with no problem. 5lb weight for the sitting leg lift. Also, she added 50lb leg press, but only did 10 of those, since it is a new exercise for me. Finished all of them and did 10 minutes on the treadmill. Then, my favorite part...iced and tens on my knee. Walked out of there an hour and a half later in no pain. I have not taken any pain med for several days now, except for the occasional Motrin for my knee. If it wasn't for my knee inflammation, I swear I'd be 100% now. I feel so good it is truly amazing. God bless all my BS friends. You really are more of a family to me and I laugh and cry with each one of you as you go through your accomplishments, setbacks, pain, anguish and each step you take in your recovery. :):):):)
 
@Nana757, you're stronger than a Clydesdale horse!
Every day your determination and your fabulous recovery amaze me! You'll be rolling that bowling ball down those lanes in no time. Have a great time watching DH bowl tonight! :-)
 
Thanks so much @Cynthia777! Unfortunately my team spirit did not ring so true tonight as we lost all 3 games. But, in our defense we bowled against a team that should all be on the pro circuit. They were all bowling out of their hineys...and we just couldn't catch up. Oh well...there's always next week. :(
 
@Nana757 !! I just read your latest update! wow! are you even through Week 8 yet?
Congratulations! And to think we doubted you when you strapped on those ankle weights and pranced around your house. :loll: It sounded so radical. I think you were right when countering that you were a bit ahead of the game from the rehab facility's PT program.
Would you say that you are completely limp free?
I am so hopeful for all of us Smarties... even if some of us need more time, we've got this!!
What would we have done without this forum? The support and laughter is so important. Along with a safe place to vent and cry....
I'm glad your team got their losses out of their system before you return to the gutter.. wait, return to the alley? What do you say for that.?? giggle.
So proud of you!!
 
Hi @CricketHip and thank you for the congrats. You are so right about this forum being a sanity saver. I have expressed so many inner thoughts here, that only those who have been there, done that, would understand. Even though my DH is so wonderful, supportive and sympathetic, there are certain aspects that only us smarties can relate too. Yes, it was 8 weeks, this past Thursday. And I do feel absolutely marvelous, except for this daggone knee and the small muscle just above and to the left of it. I am hoping that it will eventually get back to normal, with icing and Motrin (which does seem to be helping). Most days I have no limp at all...only when my knee is being contrary, do I limp, which is probably why it's taking a bit longer to be normal. Knee pain, limp, more knee pain, limp... It goes on... I think I'll get a knee brace and see if that helps any. But all in all, I cannot and will not complain. At my age, I bless every day I wake up in the morning, regardless of how I feel.
I'm still practicing my bowling approach at home with this exercise ball, that's about the size of a bowling ball...just not as heavy. We have a long hallway that is perfect for practice and I don't do any damage to the house. My OS said I can give bowling a try in another 2-3 weeks. I simply cannot wait, but, alas, I will!
My PT gal knows I am anxious and is working with me, but is also being cautious at the same time. And rightly so...I wouldn't have it any other way.
You are off to a wonderful start, my friend. And as you say..."you've got this"!!!!!! Have a great and restful day!
 
Nana, it is the outside portion of your knee? That's where the bulk of my swelling is showing up on the knee and that is where the ITB inserts and I bet the surgery really "stretches" it to it's limits and then some. Can your PT gal do some circular massage, and friction over that area? I am already using my massage techniques on my thigh and knee. I am far away from the incision, not traumatizing the acute areas. but the simple circular stokes seem to be helping that ITB. (iliotibial band) I know it was inevitable but gosh, our poor knees!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana757
I ditto @CricketHip's amazement with your recovery! It ranks right up there with the best of them. When you girls talk about how your knees are affected by the surgery, it reminds me of that song...."The thigh bones connected to the hip bone, the hip bones connected to the...etc. etc." :heehee:
 
My knee was acting up long before surgery, from all the limping I was doing. It actually has improved, since surgery. The pain, or should I say..irritation...is just below my knee cap and the sore muscle is just above my knee on the left side and towards the middle. I can only assume it IS from all the limping for months, prior to surgery, and then all the "manipulation" done during surgery. I'm going to give it more time. Hopefully, one day soon, I'll wake up and they will have decided, while I'll was in dreamland, that everything is all right with the world, and be normal again. In the meantime, I will mention to my PT gal about what you suggested @CricketHip. We do ice and TENS after PT, which does have immediate results, but then wears off. And I do lay on my tummy and lasso my foot to do the thigh muscle stretches, which also helps. @Cynthia777, you are just too, too kind AND funny!
I can't get that old game, Operation, out of my head!
:rotfl::heehee:
 
hhhm, @Nana757 so it's on the inside portion of your left knee? I was picturing the outside portion, I guess because that's where mine is. I am half asleep but I think you said the PT uses tens unit on it? That gets blood moving into the area just as good as massage.
Our poor Quad muscles. They were abused pre op, during the op and now post op!
 
I'm sorry..you're right...it is on the outside portion.. But, I tried something today that really worked. I had some athletic tape and wrapped my knee, just below the kneecap and VOILA! The acheyness went away. Then I decided, I wonder if it would work on the muscle ache...EUREKA!!! That acheyness went away too! Think I'll have a conversation with Sally when I go to PT on Tuesday. Maybe she's got something better for me. One can only hope. But, in the meantime, I'll be taping myself up. I might just go get some wild colors from Walgreens!
I so hope you have a peaceful night full of happy dreams!
:flwrysmile:
 
nana mummy! I bet her kinesio tape was pink with glitters.. hee That was a good idea, Nana. you are working intuitively and doing well! Hopefully it's just a matter of some muscles being too tight vs. other muscles being a little lax.
Speaking of tape? Today is the day that I am allowed to remove my bandage! The Big THR Scar Reveal!
 
Oh you two (@Legin and @CricketHip)..thanks for the chuckles this morning. Yes, cricket, I have always been one to improvise and find ways to make things a little better, even if it is only temporary. We'll see how today goes.
WooHoo on the big reveal today! Try not to judge it too harshly, but hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.
 
oh yah! I will post it.. wow, is that bandage ever hard to get off.. whew!
Nana, you were right in that it is a little disappointing. I think my bikini modeling days are over.... :scaredycat:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom