THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bed rail has been an enormous help, not only getting in and out of bed, but it's good for hanging things on as well. Yeah...I got one pillow under my left leg and one pillow between my legs resting under my right leg and over my left leg, which stops me from breaking the restrictions and rolling over. And, that has proven to be really comfortable. :)
 
It looks like you have one of the narrower style rail? And I noticed you had a cane and dressing hook hanging on it ;)
 
Lol - absolutely brilliant, that is definitely the way to nest post-op.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, @CricketHip, it is only about 2 feet wide but it goes about half way across, under the queen size mattress. The picture was taken about 3 weeks ago, which is why the cane is still hanging on it. The cane has since been retired to the closet along with all the other equipment I don't use anymore. I still use the hook for removing my socks, the reacher/grabber for putting on my pants and the sock putter-onner, which I'll continue to use until my restrictions have been lifted.
It just occurred to me..."queen" size bed for my lair...how appropriate! Tehehe...DH says I look like I'm in a coffin. Not sure if I'll ever remove the rail...it really has become a very handy bed attachment.
I wish everyone, @Cynthia777 and @AndyH99, could manage to be as comfy as I have, but it has taken me a lot of practice and tweaking to get it just right.
Well, I'm off to my PT session. Hope you all have a great day!
 
Haven't posted any updates in a few days, so here goes. Actually, nothing really new to report. Still progressing with PT and feeling much more limber and fluid in my movements. Still have a slight burning sensation deep inside the incision area, but can only assume that will be there until all the soft tissue heals completely. But, that will NOT keep me down. Did notice the other day that my cane is developing cob webs and had a few tears coming from the handle because it's been feeling neglected. So I relocated it to the corner of my room, just so it felt touched by me. I'm doing just about everything I used to do, before my hip started acting up last December. It feels so great! The only thing I haven't gotten back into, yet, is golf and bowling, but I feel bowling will happen in just a couple of weeks and soon after, I will ease back into golf, before the weather starts turning. Saw my GP on Friday and she was quite impressed with my recovery. We talked about the panic attack I had and she thought it might be a result of the surgery, since I haven't had any other attacks since 1995. So she prescribed the fastest acting medicine on the market and we will see if that works. She also thought that the nights I wake up in the middle of the night and cant get back to sleep, are panic attacks, as well. So, next time it happens, I'll pop one and see what happens. Other than that, I'm doing great, feel great and doing most everything I love doing ... Even the things I don't love doing..but the important thing is....I'm doing!!!!! Happy day everyone!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your nesting pics are ADORABLE! You look so cozy. :) I love the sentence from your last update: "Did notice the other day that my cane is developing cob webs..." Big smile! :)
 
@DeepBreath: Don't know if you can tell, with all the covers on me I, but I only have one pillow to elevate my op leg (which is a rather thick and firm one)and that big lump in the middle is another pillow under my other leg ( as close to my crotch as possible)and comes up and over my op leg. That proved to be the best option for me, and the most comfortable, to keep from breaking my hip restriction and stopping me from rolling over. Also, the pillows under both my arms stopped me, as well. I still use this system, but have taken 2 of the pillows off the wedge and just use one pillow now. I'm in the weaning process...yahoo!
P.S. I call it my "lady's lair"!
 
Fabulous update! I'll say one thing (I know tough for me).....You are one strong woman! Your great recovery has been right up there with others half your age! Oh dear, I guess that was two things I had to say! :heehee:

Ps...I just love the "Lady Lair"!
 
Cindy...I always look forward to your comments and don't care if it's one or 100! You make me feel like a superstar! But I think eventually I'll have to go to a shrink, cause my head is getting way too big! Lol
 
Superstar!!! oh, I mean @Nana757 I hope I have the recovery that you have had! I have pondered this and have decided that one of the things to help you was the time spent in the rehab facility. My goal is to follow the mantras and as they say "if it doesn't kill you to leave it, leave it!" or something like that. :snork: I will pretend I am in a rehab facility and not do anything but my walking and PT and other important toiletries, etc. and just let this tired old body heal!!
I am of the hyper sort.. it will be hard to stay quiet but thats the main theme on this forum and I believe it is the key to success. I digress and will get back to my point---- Nana, you have had a great recovery. congratulations!! :yes!:
 
Oh @CricketHip! Thank you so much for the accolades! I feel you will do just as well. Why do I think that? Because you have such a calming effect on others and your outlook is just what you need to get through this. Following the Mantra is #1 and I think even if I didn't go to the rehab facility, I would have done just as well. Mainly because I would have gotten much more sleep and rest at home than I did at rehab. You are many years younger than me and probably are in a much healthier condition than me. I have no doubt you will do remarkable and will be bouncing back before you know it. Best of luck to you tomorrow and try and get a good nights sleep. I'll be thinking of you and praying for a successful and uneventful surgery.
 
@Nana757, I am definitely going to try out your method. I like the tip about pillows under your arms and the one under the non op leg to help keep from breaking restrictions. That has been a worry for me since I love me some side sleeping! :)
Thank you for tagging me and for the great tips.
 
Glad I could be of some help. You may have to do some tweaking to see what works best for you and you may want to test it out, beforehand. I started sleeping this way a week or two before surgery just so I could get used to it and do my own tweaking. Good luck to you @DeepBreath.
 
Yup @Legin , that's exactly what DH does when he brings my morning coffee or comes in just to check on me. Lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom