THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nana, are most of your aches and pain in and around the hip or do they migrate out to other areas? I am so curious as to how it will feel post op!
Your bowling practice makes me giggle just a wee bit. :heehee:
 
@CricketHip
My aches and pains now are just the thigh muscles and soft tissue. My hip doesn't bother me at all. From day one, my hip and groin pain were gone. It truly is miraculous what modern medicine can accomplish....and a great surgeon!
I had PT today and had an hour of different exercises, then ice and the TENs machine on my knee. I don't think I'll need the TENs any more, since my knee is not bothering my lately. I guess it just needed to work itself out with walking. I don't even need pain meds anymore...well, except for Motrin, which my OS recommended for my knee. I do still ice and elevate at night, since I do still have some swelling and I've become addicted to the ice...it just feels so good!
It won't be long, girl, and you'll be on the other side!
 
I love hearing that.. I am so happy for you, Nana!! Thanks for the extra information.
 
Thanks @Cynthia777 and @Legin. I soooo appreciate all the kind words. I do have to admit, though, the PT had me do a new "exercise" yesterday. She had me lay on my tummy, which I was petrified to do, and had me put a looped strap on my op side foot and pull my leg as far as I could towards my back. This was to stretch that doggone thigh muscle, which has been my nemesis. It felt really good while doing it, but boy, am I paying the price today. More ice (and maybe some heat...we'll see) and Motrin should do the trick though. I do have today to recover. However, I am finding that the more I walk, the better it feels! I hope you all have a wonderful day. The weather we are having here in southern VA is absolutely glorious. Windows are open and getting the house aired out. Feels so refreshing!
 
Grand, walking is the best but those thigh muscles are pesky, but I'm sure your determined nature will see you through

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@CricketHip
I'm so sorry I missed your question about the Vicodin! On occasion I take one 10 mg. it's usually right before I go to PT, but not always. I notice pain when I stand up and on the first and second steps. I also limp and my hip feels a little unstable for those first few steps, but then I'm good to go.
 
@Legin
Madam Fantabadoody here! Thanks Legin, I'm trying my hardest to avoid the THR's, but I'm fearing they will be in my future at some point. But then again, I believe in miracles! :angel:
 
@Nana757
I AM SO SORRY!!!! I didn't realize this was your thread and I came barging in!

Oh man, those thigh stretches are a real killer! My guy (love that song) uses his hands and arms instead of that rubber band doohickey, but it does the same thing. I've gotten a couple of Charlie horses while he's doing the maneuvers...ouch! I must say you are one determined and u breakable cookie...you get em girl! :thumb:
 
Nana. Stretches sure can make a person sore. Glad to hear the walking is helping soothe your quads.
Legin. Fantadboody?? now that is a new one! laughing!
Cynthia, you don't barge.. ever.. you glide in with wisdom and well thought words. I think you are one smart cookie.
I'm not sure when we are allowed to soak in a bath after surgery and I know it varies with each person.. but as soon as I am allowed to, I plan to do my "go to" remedy for soft tissue soreness... Epsom Salt baths!!
 
I feel the same way you two and legin! @Cynthia777, those first few steps continue, after surgery, for a awhile. And then one day, you get up and start walking, without thinking, because all the pain is gone! And, you all can glide into my thread anytime. Boy, you can sure tell I'm a Virginian now! @CricketHip ... As soon as your incision heals, you should be be to take a bath, as long as it safe for you to get in and out of the tub. :)
 
Thought you all could use a good laugh...this is me in my "nest". My DH laughs every time he sees me in bed. But OMG, it is soooo comfortable!
[Bonesmart.org] YAHOO!  I made it!
[Bonesmart.org] YAHOO!  I made it!
 
Nana! you look so cute and contented in your nest.. I see your leg is elevated, too. And the bed rail! I forgot to look into getting a bed rail! switching over to Amazonprime, muttering to myself.
 
I REALLY love the pictures!! :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom