Guest viewing is limited

THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness...I felt the same way. Now I just relish them. When I retired 2 years ago, I met up with some of my ex co-workers some months later. They asked what I had been doing since retirement. I told them I was perfecting the art of being a slug. They all laughed, but little did they know how true it was. After working for 50 years, I am thankful that I can now do what I want, when I want and for how long I want. Of course, if I want to continue to play golf and bowl, once I get the OK, I must get this body back in shape. Hopefully, PT 3x week should help.
I like Karen and Nigel! You both have a great night and sleep well.
 
Oh that's what your names are, mines Dawn, :wink: its strange seeing real life names xx

So far this week I too have had spag bol, and fish and chips and dominos pizza...all with salad though. I will also start behaving ...Monday
xx
 
You all sound like you are doing well! I can't wait to be able to fit into the new hip crowd!
Nana, it will be very interesting to hear how you do with bowling, will you do a phased return to that, too? :heehee:
I know it sounds funny, but seriously.. I bet you will need to do a little bit then rest, since, repeat.
I will be keeping my eye on you for the reports! I picture bowling similar to my line of work and while I know we are all different......it's nice to hear about other's progress.
Happy Weekend to you all.. it's a breezy rainy day here, off and on and it's lovely.
 
Thanks @CricketHip. Wow! Your big day is right around the corner. Best wishes to you for an uneventful surgery and quick recovery. I will be following your recovery process with every post you enter.
The PT I'm working with will be concentrating on the movements and muscles that I will need to both golf and bowl. I will most assuredly ease back into both. But, I don't see me doing either for at least another month. I will definitely keep you all posted on my progress. With that said, I have actually been practicing my bowling approach, in the living room, with a small exercise ball and honestly don't see any problem, yet!
 
That's a GREAT idea! See? That's the beginnings of your phased return!

Gosh the what ifs and uncertainty is killing me!
Thanks for your sweet words Nana!
Hi Cynthia777! How you doin??
 
Thank you so much @Cynthia777. I've got some aches and minor pains....probably from practicing my bowling approach yesterday.... But nothing I can't handle. Thank you for asking. That's very sweet of you. I go back to PT tomorrow..my first full week since leaving rehab and home PT. hopefully, all the little kinks will be worked out. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom