Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
My physio used to manage the physio departments of a chain of private hospitals. She is just a few years younger than me. She also used to work at one of the hospitals. The NHS also had a contract there. I have seen her both privately and on the NHS. There is no differentiation, you get the same treatment on both.

Quite a while ago she left and set up her own physio business locally. She now also takes private and NHS referrals. She is on the 'choose and book 'system. I am getting this current series of treatments on the NHS as the consultant asked my GP to arrange this physio.
 
Now that's what I call a result @busylizzie. Excellent.

I had lots of massage, acupuncture, stretching when I saw Freddy the Frenchman. The NHS don't seem to be comfortable with putting their hands on doing massage here. So nice you're getting proper treatment. Yaaay xxx

I'll have to try that for after my next knee replacement. If they funded Freddy that would be ideal. My first lot of PT after the TKR was way too aggressive, too much, too soon. Having a fall in hospital never helped me either.

I'm so full of hope that this next one will be my easy one to have done xx
 
I have had far too aggressive treatments at NHS hospital physio departments in the past too, almost to screaming pitch and have had tears. I avoid them like the plague now. I went to one with a leg problem years ago and came out with a very bad back! At the hospital where I had the last op, I only came across one aggressive physio whilst on the ward and I sent him packing never to be seen again by me. I have learnt that gentle is better. You have to build up a trust with your physio.

I told my physio about Bonesmart today. She hadn't heard of it. She wrote down the name so she could pass it on. She said patients give her all the best contacts and support.
 
Good to hear you had a session that has helped you be more comfortable, and able to get out for a bit.
She sounds like a gem.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@Pumpkln, thanks, it doesn't last long though. I am back to my old self now. Struggling to walk even round the house. How are you today?
 
Thanks @Dabber, and @Nana moon 27, I have tried some heat on my foot today and it has helped the foot pain a little. Hubby suggested it as a warm bath helps. Can't stay in the bath all day. I have the MRI on Friday. I can have the CD with the scans on then but have to wait until next week for the radiologist report.

How are you Dabber?
 
Better today, my leg is settling down. I have the appointment for my orthotic eval, and with my teacher. Feel like I am doing some things that actually might help. You are making progress with your appointments this month, and hopefully will have some answers about your knee.
 
Ooooooer lizzbizz the water baby. Once warmer weather gets here it will also feel better. Take care pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Just had bad news :cry:. The MRI centre rang this morning and cancelled the MRI scheduled for tomorrow. They have been talking to the radiologist about it and together they think it may not be a worthwhile test to do at the moment. They want me to wait until I see the second opinion consultant and see what he suggests. They think a bone scan may be a better test to do. They also said to take as much info as possible when I go for the second opinion. They also suggested going to the orthopaedic hospital at Oswerstry for another opinion.

I rang chasing the copies of my notes from Wrightington. They haven't started yet. Have to ring back on Monday to talk to the lady assigned to do them. She is on holiday this week. They have had one month already.
 
Sorry about setback . Nothing is quick with NHS unfortunately its often who shouts loudest.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh @busylizzie
I'm so sorry to hear that. Oh (((((big hugs)))). Josephine recommended the Shrewsbury one to someone. A couple of people on the caravan site had theirs done and have had no problems. Both her and her husband. They walk their dogs a good five miles every other day and they look amazing.

Have you a date for your second opinion? I know we've talked about it but cannot recall if there was a date or not.

I think my body had a nasty shock being up and about early. I'm trying different routines, ways of doing things to get out if this mental state I keep going into. What does work is the mindfulness and the breathing. I'm finding when I doing tasks I dislike, that I think in my head, come on it needs to be done...and I do it with a better frame of mind.

The weathers changed and lo and behold my knees are stiff. The left one and the foot sole hurt, my left elbows dreadful. It's pouring down here and as miserable as sin.

How do you feel about this cancellation yourself? You don't actually say. It kind of makes sense what they are saying but at the end of the day the decision should have been yours to make. Not theirs, especially with the fact you were paying!! With the Wrightington Centre could you not politely demand to speak to one of the office managers. Four weeks is unacceptable.

You must be getting so frustrated with all of this.

All my love from Ann x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not very pleased about the cancellation tomorrow but there isn't much I can do about it except go elsewhere. I can see it from their point of view. I was willing to pay in the hope an answer could be found or to exclude things. I am getting worse. I have just struggled round Tesco on my scooter. I must get out staying in does me no favours. I have just over 2 weeks now to the second opinion on the 9 March. We have a plan in place . I was a student at Nottingham many moons ago which will help. It isn't an easy journey from where we live.

We regard to my notes, they have 40 days to produce them. But, they said that because I had a day case procedure ( enhanced xrays done in theatre) recently they could overrun the 40 days as my notes were not available to them then. It doesn't seem right. I will be in touch with PALS if that happens. I at least want copies of all my scans to take with me.

It doesn't seem to be my day today, in the post I received a letter putting back one of my other appointments by a month ' due to unforeseen circumstances'.

I will soldier on, hoping that I will eventually get an answer and a solution. It isn't through lack of trying on my part. I admit that I have shed a few tears these last few days. I live in hope, I am not giving up just yet, I can't.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom