Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the appointment to see Peter James comes through soon. It will probably mean an overnight stay in the Nottingham area as his clinic is Monday am. Don't fancy the journey especially at rush hour. My physio wants to put some input into the appointment and will write me a letter to take with me.
 
My heart goes out to you, at least they acknowledge a problem. Hoping your appointment with Mr. James comes through soon.
 
Adding my sympathy and best wishes to those of the others!
 
@Josephine. I was at Wrightinton yesterday. Peter James appointment hasn't come through yet. Hubby and I have been wondering if a MRI will be of any use for diagnosis? I can have one locally at a specialist unit privately within a day or two. It would be reported on by the same radiologist as did my CT scan on the NHS. They have a modern open scanner and specialise in musculoskeletal scanning and have experience of TKRs. I will go ahead if you think it would be worthwhile if even as an exclusion diagnosis.
 
Well, it can't do any harm but it won't show the detail of the implant as that all shows up white.
You'd be better asking the radiology department at the unit.
 
I've well and truly joined the Ministry of Silly Walks (Monty Python) today. My leg is hurting lots. The only way I can bear to put my weight on it and walk is with it in extension and swing it out to the side. It will not bend again today. Some days are worse than others. I am hoping that the second opinion appointment comes through soon. I am thinking of going ahead with the MRI scan in the mean time. I have physio appointment on Tuesday. The plan is to massage my knee and see if it helps.
 
Oh @busylizzie

I'm so sorry about what your going through right now. ((((Hugs))). Will post properly later. Hubby's just putting mine and the grandkids dinners out. Back in a bit for a better chat x x x
 
Appointment has come through for second opinion - three weeks time. I hope that my hospital records will come through by then. I will chase them up in another week or so. I have booked a MRI scan for later this week. I am on a rollercoaster with the pain at the moment, yoyoing between unbearable and bearable. My leg is getting worse. I will see what the physio says tomorrow. She will have to be really gentle with me.
 
Hi @busylizzie

I will pray, positively think, beg and cross everything for you with this second opinion x I'm so pleased you got a date. I'm sorry about your pain issues, that must be so dragging you down.

Good luck with the MRI too ((((hugs)))))))

Catch you later

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I have just come round after a straight 8 hours sleep. I decided that I needed to take a low dose sleeping tablet last night (GP prescribed for occasional use). I needed a good night's sleep, my body and mind needed it. I still feel shattered but have to get up for physio. I have a very limited supply of the sleeping tablets and keep them for when I absolutely need them.
 
Glad you managed a good sleep. I know how you feel about the sleeping tablets but when used sparingly they do the job well. Good luck today and dinnae forget ow equals no

Legin THR Sep 14
 
My physio is a gem. I have booked the MRI through her and got an excellent discount. She was very gentle today and massaged my foot as it was swollen and painful. It has helped. Left my knee until after the MRI. She has identified a problem with the peroneal nerve behind my knee. The nerve conduction tests in December did not show this up, but the testing was rushed and not very thorough.

Because the massage helped, I decided to call in at the local market on the way home. Not really a good idea painwise but good for my spirit :) . Sometimes you just have to do it for the sake of sanity. There is a wonderful Asian haberdashery stall there with beautiful ribbons, buttons etc. I always end up spending! Blue sky today and sunny, but the wind was bracing.
 
Hi @busylizzie

I didn't get an alert again for you. Weird x x

Great news on the physio. Private ones are brilliant. I liked my French one, he was so good at his job. He knew his stuff never once hurt me. I would have loved to have been able to have gone back to him for more physio but NHS at the other hospital is fine.

Anyway I'm glad you went round the market. I would have spent a fortune on pretty bits and pieces.

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom