Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine, it has been so long since I went out without a minder. It was a lovely sunny day today I had the urge to go out for the day in the country. One day I will make it. Longing for the warmer weather when I can sit out in the garden. Good on you for your first drive today. Most of my outings are to medical appointments. Just got a pain clinic appointment through for the end of April.
 
April sheeeeeesh. I know the pull of normality is often tooo strong so no look of dissaproval just wishes pain reduces. It is getting warmer heres hoping for a warm March. Take care pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well I made it. I have been to Morecambe today and had a scooter ride along the prom:yahoo:. The weather wasn't as good as yesterday and you could hardly see the Lake District, but it was good to be out and about. I wrapped up warm and took some pain meds and off we went. Had a cuppa and cake out on the way back. The sea air has made me feel shattered, perhaps I will sleep tonight. An added bonus as we drove home there was a lovely sunset. I feel better for the outing.
 
@Legin I love the view from the prom on a clear day. We went there as it is flat for the scooter and the access is great. Another favourite is Silverdale and Arnside but I can't make that at the moment. You get the view over to Grange-over-Sands from there. Also has a great chippie. It was one of my Dad's favourite haunts. He used to lead organised walks there even though he lived in Yorkshire.
 
I worked and lived at witherslack

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin I have been on the A590 many times but never actually to the village of Witherslack. Son used to frequent the scout camp at Great Tower and we were the transport. Stayed in the Lakes many times also. My one and only attempt at canoeing was on Lake Windermere. I was in my 40's at the time. I was doing really well until a motor launch went past and the swell capsized me and I went under. I struggled to get back upright and kicked hard with my legs in the canoe. I was a snug fit. My leg ended up black and blue and had to get an ice pack from the bar at the club house. Looking back it was funny now but not at the time. I was the car driver and made it home safely with the ice pack strapped on with a bandage.
 
At end of village is a mini villagein a garden. The hall where I worked abt 2 miles along. I used to run up the big hill.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin, I used to run up the slag heaps on cross country runs. It isn't allowed any more, too dangerous. I have never done fell running but have walked up a fair few in my time. The views from the tops makes it well worth the effort. I suspect those days are gone now. I could always go up Snowdon on the railway if the bank balance allows.
 
I am perserveering with the exercise bike. Building up the number of revs. Even with the stirrups I am having trouble keeping alignment. My knee is sometimes swinging in and out and my foot not always flat on the pedal. I am getting stronger muscles, I can feel them already. It is physio tomorrow, I'll see what she says when I see her.
 
Good for you. Must feel good getting big breathes from exercise not pain. Chuffed i am for you.
 
I have had to ease off the exercise bike as I started getting increased pain in my knee and foot. I have started to build up my muscles in my legs. I am going to give it a rest and give it time to recover and try again.
 
Just arrived for 12 o'clock appointment. Estimated waiting time 2 hrs +. It is going to be a loooooooong wait.
 
Still no answers. I waited almost 3 hrs to see the consultant. He acknowledges the problem but has no diagnosis and hence no solution. He is very open to seeking another opinion and suggested it today. I said it was already in hand and he asked if he could contact him and see if I can be seen as an urgent referral.

He is going to speak to radiographist who reported on the CT. It was reported as suggested external rotation of the tibia with respect to femur. The CT scan was taken before Christmas when my leg was stuck out of alignment. I have asked a few weeks ago for copies of all my notes and scans. They have 40 days to respond, so I am still waiting. They have acknowledged my request.

I came away down in the dumps again. My foot pain started up again the last few days and my foot is twisted again. I guess due to using the exercise bike. My leg twists out every 3 or 4 steps some of the time, other times it stays OK for a while and then suddenly goes. I have found an easy way to correct it but can't keep it in alignment. My leg is painful when out of alignment. I was able to demonstrate this today. I can't go on like this. I need to move on from this nightmare. I want my life back. I am back to using the shower stool as I don't feel safe standing up as my balance is affected. I am 8 months out from this last surgery now.
 
I have had to ease off the exercise bike as I started getting increased pain in my knee and foot. I am going to give it a rest and give it time to recover and try again.
I would suggest that your activities and the problems in your knee are causing muscle spasms all up and down your leg. Perhaps the bike is not such a good idea after all.
He acknowledges the problem but has no diagnosis and hence no solution.
Oh you poor girl! I feel for this nightmare you are in. It must seem never-ending.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom