Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad you got to go see your Mum, and that she was having a good day. Get some rest.
 
As ever Jo to the rescue. I know you might feel like its groundhog day lass but you are moving forward

Legin THR Sep 14
 
That reference from Jo was really interesting and informative, I hope it is of help to you @busylizzie. I'm glad you got to see your Mum, it is good to be able to tick another thing off of our 'want to do' list.
 
Thanks, as I have said before my GP is on my side and proactive. I will wait to hear from her. I have read Jo's info. It says you can choose where to go for your first outpatient hospital appointment. Does that include an appointment for a second opinion?
 
I have had a breakthrough today. My knee is comfortablish if it is in alignment and hurts if it goes out. It goes in and out all the time hence I'm unable to exercise. I kept thinking if I could find a way to stop it going out I may be better off. I hit a brick wall until now as it can still rotate with a brace on. I thought of my exercise bike and the stirrups. Yes I can manage to do a few gentle rotations. I will stick at it and see if I can build up some muscle strength again. It was an eureka moment for me and I know I will have to be careful but I feel so much better for discovering it.
 
Oh wow @busylizzie

Well done. That's really imaginative. However your engineering background coming to the fore again. Clever girl. I'm so pleased you managed a few rotations. You must have been on top of the world. Fantastic news.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
I have tried it again just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Yes, it is OK and I managed quite a few revolutions. I had a warm bath afterwards to relax my muscles but my leg wouldn't stay in alignment in the water.
 
Hi @busylizzie

I'm pleased that your going for a second opinion. There is clearly something wrong. I would think that you must be pretty frustrated yourself.

At least you can see what is happening now and know you're not worrying about nothing. This is clearly something. Like @Chihuahuan said earlier maybe a combination of muscle and mechanics x x x
 
Ooooo so you are a biker hellsbizzies. The muscle thing and its wasting is a huge thing im shocked at the loss of strength im mine.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin, I would much prefer a walk in the countryside or seaside and get some bracing fresh air!
 
@Ellejay, yes it was a breakthrough. I am going to try and progress it slowly. I need working muscles again. My leg goes in and out of alignment all the time but the stirrups seem to stop it happening whilst on the bike.
 
The bike wasn't as easy today but I managed it. My leg has been out of alignment most of today. I have just joined the ODIC again. I have a new iron and thought I would have a try at ironing whilst hubby was out in the garden. I am regretting it now. No more activity for me today!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom