Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not ventured out of bed today. Trying to shake off this cold, it has really got to grips with me. Every sneeze shakes my body and increases the pain. I have still got a slight temperature. Got to be OK for Friday to see consultant.
 
For some reason I put my leg vertically in the air, so my foot was the highest point. I have no tibial rotation when doing this. It is like it all locks back into place.
That's logical because when held in a straight leg raise, your knee is in locked extension.
 
@Josephine, when I attempt a straight leg raise it hyperextends to quite an extent and is painful. Vertically in the air, no pain, no hyperextension, knee locked, no rotation. Physio measured my heel hyperextend 5cm off the couch 2 weeks ago and it has got a lot worse since then. She didn't measure the angle
 
I forgot to say I can rotate my tibia in extention mode ie doing straight leg raises which I didn't know would be possible.
 
Sorry to hear you have a cold on top of everything else. Wise to wait until Friday, hope you are feeling better by then. Keeping my fingers crossed :fingersx: that you to receive some answers from the consultant.
 
I missed checking in on you for a few days and see the knee has been up to some wild tricks. :(
Hope the cold gets better soon and the consultant is helpful on Friday.
 
Another 24 hrs and I will be on my way to see the consultant. Countdown has come! I am still full of cold. Fingers crossed that hubby doesn't catch it as he is my transport and companion. Think I got cold from grandkids. I am laying in bed not wanting to get out. Breakfast and bath are beckoning. I have no appetite! I feel wiped out.
 
Its nerves stress and.pain but you.are.hopefully going.to.get answers and.a.plan.of.attack

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thought I'd take some 'before' pictures today in case it is my last chance. Hubby took them and they aren't wonderful but will serve as a record.

The first one is of me laying on the floor with my tibia rotated out.
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved


The next one is a composite with me load bearing. The photo on the left is the best case scenario with the tibia rotated back in as far as it goes, the one on the right is with it out. Note the foot always rotates out.
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved



The next one is a sidewards view, the first with the feet together, the second with the thighs together. Tibia is rotated in as far as it goes. I seem to have a slight sidewards twist. I don't know if I have drawn the lines in the correct place

[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved




The last one shows me with my legs in the air, tibia is rotated in as much as it goes

[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
 
What I haven't recorded is how my knee bends as it is rather difficult to bend now. I have missed the opportunity.
 
That is what is so great about Bonesmart, someone is always here, 6:18PM here right now. My mind would be racing too, be sure to write down a list of questions, and your concerns.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom