Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has come back to me yet. Only one consultant in and he is in theatre all day. Secretary sent him a message this morning. Only alternative is A&E and I don't really want to go there again.
 
Secretary has just rung to see if consultant from theatre ( not my consultant ) has been in touch. He said that he would ring me. She said my consultant's registrar is in on Wednesday.
 
@Josephine I am struggling to keep it in alignment laying still with my legs elevated. I really have to concentrate on keeping it in alignment and it still goes out 2 or 3 times an hour and that is with a strong hinged brace on. I tried my leg immobiliser from stage 1 of the revision but it still rotated with that on.
 
No phone call. I have cancelled physio for tomorrow, no point going
 
@Josephine, no use tomorrow, I will have to wait until Wednesday when the Registar is next in. Secretary has been very helpful. The consultant ( not mine ) told her today that he was going to ring. She gave him my details. She checked before she went home with me whether he had rung. He had been in theatre today.

She also said that she would squeeze me in on Wednesday if necessary.
 
To top it all I am now full of cold and have a slight temperature. Knee just the same, hurting and tibia moving most of the time.
 
Knee painful, has woken me up. Can't get back to sleep. Can't get comfortable, just aches all the time. Sorry for the moan, nothing I can do about it.
 
@busylizzie,

Can you tell me about the kind of pain you are feeling? Is it the type that if you touch your foot to the floor you will scream? Or is it an aching type of pain? Is the secretary going to get you in to see the consultant tomorrow?
 
@RestAssured, I have different types of pain. A dull ache gnawing pain most of the time from my knee downwards, particularly the outside leg where the long stem is. A sharp spiky take your breath away type of pain sometimes but not all the time on movement especially any twist even with brace on, this is felt inside the knee approx where the outer boss of the hinge is. This pain lasts a few seconds and the intensity fades off slowly when I consciously or unconsciously move . This feels much like when I had a miniscus tear ten years ago. It is this last pain that is getting worse. This pain occurs whether I am load bearing or resting laying down.

I also still have pain in my foot and ankle intermittently even non load bearing. I am also getting some mild intermittent tingling / altered sensation in my toes similar to that from sciatica. I guess this is nerve pain.

Load bearing interestingly does not seem to make matters a lot worse, for my knee but does increase the foot/ankle pain, although I am avoiding it as much as possible. I am trying to walk, rightly or wrongly to stop my tibia rotating outwards. Outside the house I only walk using two crutches. I have more trouble standing than walking. My balance is shot, I wobble and that hurts.

For some reason I put my leg vertically in the air, so my foot was the highest point. I have no tibial rotation when doing this. It is like it all locks back into place.

I am still very full of cold with an intermittent temperature. I can only get in to see a registrar today, not a consultant. This registrar has twice said before that I need to see my consultant. The registrar leaves this Friday. Hubby and I have discussed whether it is worth seeing him today and have come to the conclusion that the best plan of action is to wait until Friday. My Friday appointment has been bumped up a further 5 hours and is now in the morning. Leaving it until Friday will give me chance to recover a little from this cold and hopefully loose my temperature. It is not good to go to the hospital when I am feeling as I do and full of germs.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Legin thanks. By the way you have the small font size problem now. The writing in your last post is tiny. I have to go in and edit every post now to rectify the problem.

How odd, I have just refreshed the page and the font problem has rectified itself!!!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom