Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to face the coming week. I hope I get some answers and solutions to my dilemma.

Hubby has just packed the Christmas decorations away for another year. I supervised. It is going to be a hard month. DiL is working 4 days a week for the next 4 weeks so Hubby is on the school/nursery run cum childminder. Granddaughter will have to come to the hospital with us tomorrow as it is a non nursery day. Just hope she will be good!

Gallbladder is playing up, I don't think the stress is helping. Fibromyalgia is bad in the mornings but eases a little as the day goes on. Leg, well, it is just the same. Just managing with little mobilisation and brace on. Icing isn't doing much for it now. Think I'll be using the wheelchair tomorrow for pain management appointment, too far to walk from car park. Hope I manage to see someone about my leg.
 
Thank you, I think that I am going to need them. Even with brace on I can still feel some movement inside. I just want it sorted as soon as possible. My patience is going now. Why did it happen at the worst possible time of the year?
 
I don't think any time of year would have been a good time for you!

Does the weather affect you? My knees and thumb joint are always worse when it's cold and/or damp. We had snow and ice from Boxing Day to New Year's Eve so my joints weren't good then and I didn't venture far.

Do hope you can at least begin to get something sorted tomorrow. Linda x
 
Its just that the hospital has no A&E and the clinics are closed Christmas and New Year weeks. No way of contacting any of the consultants. My surgeon's operating day is a Monday but he doesn't operate every week as he has other commitments within the NHS. His clinic day is a Wedsneday but again every few weeks. He has private patients on a Friday morning. Other than that he is rarely on site.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping that when someone takes a look at your knee, that they contact the surgeon to see you ASAP. Sounds like he is around, they should be able to let him know that something is wrong and he needs to see you.
Just my opinion.
 
I am going to ring his secretary mid morning and keep trying to get him to see me as soon as possible. If not him, one of his colleagues. I meet with the foot/ankle cosultant first thing Thursday morning. He does a few TKRs a year too.
 
The pain management appointment tomorrow afternoon is about my ankle pain. What pain? It disappeared as soon as leg re aligned. The foot pain has also just about gone too. Just a few niggly nerve issues and the plantar fasciitis. Well, my knee, that is another thing!
 
Do you know which other hospitals he works in? He could always have you go there to see him. Sometimes when they service several hospitals, one is always the main one and other subsidiary hospitals get lesser time and presence.

I shall keep tabs on you to see what has transpired.
 
@Josephine thanks, he only works out of one hospital. He is National Clinical Director for Musculoskeletal Services for NHS England and sits on other Department of Health Committees. Effectively he works part time as a consultant surgeon.
 
Lizzbizz all.the.best for.today pal am.thinking of you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I have to wait until Wednesday to be seen. My consultant isn't there this week. I will be seeing his registrar. She is going to ring back with a time. Just my luck again. See what this afternoon brings. :sad:
 
True but its being seen.and you can.impress the situation. Let us.know if you don't.mind that is

Legin THR Sep 14
 
he only works out of one hospital. He is National Clinical Director for Musculoskeletal Services for NHS England
Oh you mean Peter Kay! I know him quite well. Nice chap. Lots of experience. And he wouldn't have inexperienced starters as his registrars! :wink:
Effectively he works part time as a consultant surgeon.
About 90% of them do only work part-time. There is a clause in their contracts that if they want to have a private practice, they have to be part time. If a consultant accepts a full time contract he is not permitted to have a private practice as well.
 
His private practice is part of the same hospital. The last registrar of his I saw wasn't very good , fortunately I spoke to Peter Kay in the corridor on the way out of the hospital. The fellows he had before were a lot better. I hope that I don't get that registrar again, I was down to see Mr Kay that day.
 
Hopefully you will be seeing Mr Kay soon after they see the state of your knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom