Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delirium tremens

when.you have withdrawal. Me I'm Legin and.I.am a hugaholic

Legin THR Sep 14
 
As we get older, birthdays are just another day. We have 3 family birthdays very close together and just before Christmas, mine being the last one. Too many cakes and rich food in December. The grandchildren love the fuss though. They are party animals and love to dance and party. As a child I used to get combined presents and felt as though I got left out whereas my brother an August child fared better.
 
Awww I know my older bro did far beter off but I had better imagination could play with anything

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Give me leftover old junk, material or wool, I always used to be making things out of nothing. Perhaps that is why I became an engineer.
 
You got it hmmmmm I just kept on.being a nuisance

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I still recycle and reuse, I suppose it is ingrained in me after all these years. We have a making box for the grandchildren, they love it too. They played with a large cardboard box for hours yesterday. It became everything. It had a flag on top and had holes in so they could breath. With the offcuts grandson made a sword and shield. He cried when he couldn't take it home!
 
Very little improvement with my digestion issues. I spoke to the doc late this afternoon. I have an appointment in the morning to see her now. Just hope it settles down soon. Still off non essential meds.
 
Good for you regards recycle I hate throwing away. When.I lived in cottage any fat.from.cooking meat was wiped up with paper towel put in.plastic bag.hey presto fire lighter. I know its diff.but keep.smiling pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Update from this morning. I am now on mega dose antibiotics, she thinks it 'maybe' an infection. A thorough prod again today and I've got to update her on Monday. Need this sorting, bad night again.
 
Feeling absolutely shattered. I hope that I get off to sleep tonight, boy couldn't I do with it. Just under 3 weeks now to seeing the foot/ankle specialist to get the results and hopefully decide on a way forward. I'm hoping 2015 will be a good year for us all.
 
I am hoping you find some answers in the new year, and some sleep tonight.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
I must have an infection. Antibiotics are starting to work. I feel so much better. Having side effects though from being on 3g a day of Amoxicillin. I feel spaced out, not all there. I can put up with it even if it continues over the Christmas break. It is worth it. I received a letter today with the results of my recent tests. I have a gallstone and hiatus hernia. Perhaps this explains why I've been feeling so rough. I have to wait for an appointment with a Upper GI surgeon to discus it. I really don't want another op. My abdo is so full of adhesions they have said in the past the only op they would do is a stoma. I was left bleeding internally from a gynae op almost 10 years ago and this has resulted in damage to my insides.
 
Oh @busylizzie

I'm sorry to read about what you are going through right now. That's just dreadful. I'm glad you are feeling better, thank goodness for the antibiotics. Gosh, that's so shocking to have been left bleeding after a gynae op! Oh, you've so been through things physically x ((((((big hugs))))) x

I totally agree with what you said about let's hope 2015 is a better year for us all. Let's all positively think and pray...we might get lucky xxx

Take care
All my love, Ann xxx
 
Glad antibiotics are doing job. Best thing is see specialist and see what they say as right now you will be in.a.tizzz over posibilities. Then.with knowladge of what you are facing you.can decide best. Truly hope you.are sleeping lizzbizz. Willl tip toe out
-clomp clomp - oooooooopsie

Legin THR Sep 14
 
They have thought some of my abdo pain has been from my gallbladder for the last 9 years. One consultant said he would put money on it. All tests up to this one have been negative. The same consultant wouldn't believe the test report and actually got in touch with the technician that did the test!

Hubby said if I have to have gallbladder out and a knee op which one will I do first. Without any hesitation I said knee. I want this leg fixed. They will be at different hospitals. The gallbladder one is a 70 mile round trip. I see a great functional bowel expert there and it is the best place to be.

The antibiotics have wiped me out, but I am not sleeping well yet. My blood sugars are a mess at the moment but at least I can regulate them with the insulin. Just chilling out, no energy.
 
Hi @busylizzie

I agree with your decision about knee first. The fact you've no energy sounds like your body's telling you to rest. So good on you for doing that xxxx my TKR is hot and swollen from ODIC xxx own fault xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
The decision.you make will be the best for you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom