Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. @Legin, where is your gaffa tape? I found you this one. Much more festive [Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved than the blue one. Just joking. I have missed the friendly ogre. Seriously, how are you getting on with your foot, is it healing. It should be by now.
 
I feel hung over this morning but slept better last night. I had longer chunks of sleep between spells of wakings. I still have trouble getting of to sleep initially. Hoping things can only get better my body and mind need it.
 
Awww ty healing foot what as in hole in.ankle it keeps comming up. Nerve prob is.still.there

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hung over hey in.scotland they.drink iron bru its sickly sweet allegedlybits made from girders.see tough us scots

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Are you still getting the wound dressed by the nurse? Has the doc passed any comments to how long it will take to heal. Nerve problems are so frustrating to treat. Is the Gabapentin helping at all. I had a denervation on a couple of nerves a few years ago but it didn't do any good.
 
No nurse now as it closed up and I realy don't.know about the.Gabapentin had no sleep last night leg was aching and kept getting 20000 volts jolts down.back.of leg. Hey could be.worse I.could be bald

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Irn bru I remember from Hubby's father and the tablet. In Yorkshire it was Dandelion and Burdock made by Ben Shaws from my home town Huddersfield. We used to collect the empty bottles and take them back to get some pocket money. We also used to get a health drink from the market, I think it was Sarsaparilla but it was called Dan's health drink.
 
It is enough to make you bald, or at least make your hair stand on end. Have you tried a Tens machine, I have had limited success with one in the past. I keep getting sciatica, but yours doesn't sound nice. When do you go back to the consultant.
 
Oh I remember dandelion and burdock. The lorry.would.come weekly.and.we.would get pop. My.fav.was cream.soda with ice cream in it. It would froth up

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I remember putting ice cream in it too. We didn't have a fridge when I was very small. Then we got a second hand one with an extremely small ice compartment. It just fitted a small bag of Birds Eye frozen peas and a small block of ice cream.
 
Dandelion and burdock! Yum! The drink of choice for kids in Yorkshire cica 1960!
At Christmas as kids, we used to have Mathers Black beer and lemonade. I actually think It was mildly alcoholic. Maybe the parents just wanted some peace!
:reindeerlights:
 
@SuperSnapper, do you remember the yellow lemonade, it tasted so much better than the clear one. For years Mum would have some Ben Shaws pop in for when we visited after defecting to the other side of the Pennines. We found somewhere in Fleetwood that stocked it on one of our outings.
 
I do remember the yellow lemonade! But probably full of additives that tasted delicious! The "Pop" man used to visit weekly. :yahoo:And I remember taking back the empties too.
 
Sheeesh forgot the returns 3d. I use to do chores for neighbours and payment was empty bottles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Poppet My recovery just isn't happening. Each day isn't bringing me any nearer to my recovery and my goal of walking pain free again. I am 6 1/2 months out from the last op. At last the consultants are listening to me but I don't have a way forward at the moment. I don't get the CAT scan results until the New Year. I can't fully load bear on my left leg and my foot won't go flat to the floor without causing extreme pain in my leg, hips and back coupled with a 2 cm leg length difference. I have been recommended not to do anything that aggravates the situation including water therapy. The chatting keeps me going, knowing that others understand what I am going through.
 
I have been following your journey @busylizzie and have felt so sad for you that you have not had the recovery we all wish for you. I agree with you, the forum is also a very important daily part of my life and I am glad that it provides comfort to you. As my dear Scottish friend @Legin wrote we are here for you busylizzie and always will be honey xxx

The issue with the "chatter" is that it takes an enormous amount of our time reading through it trying to identify if a member is having a serious issue that we need to address immediately. :)

As I mentioned I love the support you guys/gals are providing to each other, after all this is what the forum is all about - you the members. xxxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom