Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they MRI 'd my knee when I started having problems, they put me in backwards so that my upper body wasn't inside the machine. That was a lot better.

Legin, it may take a while for the drugs to kick in.
 
Really noooooo errrr zzzzzzzzzzz

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I had to have an 'emergency ' emergency cesarean section. The anaesthetist only just made it, but it was going to go ahead without him if necessary.
 
Omg the girls mum had one I was there and.saw whole thing. Second was natural but found it harder to watch

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Re drugs giving it a.week and.re.asses. you know for the guy who was told off by dr for not taking painkillers, I know take sooooiooo many

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I have trouble tolerating any drugs. I have been through pain management x3 at different hospitals and I'm about to try a fourth beginning of January. I have tried virtually all painkillers including prescribed artificial 'weed'. My pain threshold is very high. It was measured as I took part in a research trial. I was almost excluded from the trial. Yet I still feel pain. The last op I had an epidural in place for a week afterwards delivering bupivicaine.
 
As is.mine I have done what are stupid things whilst in pain played a whole half of rugby with torn.muscle in shoulder stuuuuuuuuupid I think its because this pain wears you down

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I went to work as a teenager for a week with a sewing needle embedded in my knee. I was doing traffic census work and had to walk a mile or so each way. I'd knelt on the carpet at home after sewing and felt something on my knee. When I looked I couldn't even see a pin prick so I carried on as normal. Eventually I went to the docs and he sent me to the hospital for an xray 'just in case'. After the xray they whisked me to the ward in a wheelchair and I wasn't allowed out of bed until they operated a few days later. They struggled to get it out,it was very fine and laying vertical just below my patella. I think that is why my left knee is by far the worst one.
 
Hi @busylizzie,

Dolgoch falls I adore. Unfortunately that's all I've been able to do is the falls. No climbing those steep rocky slippy steps up to the top any more for me for the last few years. Gutted xxx

Good luck tomorrow with your scans. I'm in tomorrow resting so I'll look out for your alerts. I do hope that yu get on okay x I have everything crossed for you xxx

My chest clinic was fine. It's remained stable which is good news xxxx

Aaaarggghhhh a sewing needle under the patella....:shocked: Yikes!!!

Love Ann xxx
 
I am back from scanner. All went well. They were going to scan me with my trainers on but I said that I wanted to take them off. I wanted my foot to be in its at rest position not artificially held. Talk about an efficient service. I went in just before my appointment time an was out dressed and ready to go home in less than 15 minutes. I explained what had happened in the op 6 months ago and how my foot was twisted. He piped up 'that will affect your ankle as well' . Validation at last. He said they were going to concentrate on my left leg although they scanned both. Couldn't do just one if you think about it!

The results will be sent to my foot/ankle man in the next two weeks. I asked if they would be there before Christmas and the answer was probably yes. My next appointment is 4 weeks this Thursday so I will have to wait until then for the results.
 
At least its forward momentum first step is the.biggest I know its not first for you but first for confirmation. Would.do.a weee jig but end going in circles.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hope you eventually get some positive results from today's scan so that some progress can be made towards getting you fit and healthy again. You have been through so much that it's time you had a break! Linda x
 
Yaaay, progress, woohoo @busylizzie. Oh at last you're being listened to. If I could jump up in the air and click my heels together I truly would but that would be plain daft right now :heehee:

I'm really pleased you took your trainer off because you're exactly right our feet are held in an artificial position xxx well done xxx

I slept last night. Oh it was wonderful xx

I'm tired now meds have hit hard so going to have an early nap xxx

Such marvellous step forward (excuse the pun) xx

Have a lovely rest of your day
Love Ann xxx
 
Thank you everyone. It was only the technician/CT controller that made the comments but it was good to hear.

Last night was a disaster for sleeping also, it was after 2:30 before I got to sleep.

I struggled today walking from the car park to the hospital on my crutches. The pain is horrible and has been for a while. I am back on the settee elevating again and trying to stay off my feet. It is so frustrating!
 
Still in a lot of pain despite resting since I came home. I hope I get some sleep tonight. I almost dozed off a few times this afternoon, but it was not to be. I feel like a zombie.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom