Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I slept better last night when I eventually got off to sleep. I am doing better today. I still feel tired I guess that is because I am still down. It is miserable weather here, very grey and keeps raining. Hubby said it was very frosty first thing but cleared quickly, I was still in bed then. Christmas cards have started arriving so I'll have to put mine on the to do list. I don't feel very Christmassy at the moment.
 
@busylizzie I'm on 300 so by tonight it will be 900 per dose. Only had 3 hours last night but hip was v.small. pike dive in.shower didn't help

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @busylizzie

You know how I said I've felt flat. Something excited me today on the telly. It was a child tobogganing down a snowy slope. I said to my husband if we get some decent snow I want to do that. He looked at me like I was crazy. I love the thought of a bit of adrenaline. First time I've felt like that in a very very long time.

I also found a picture today that cheered me up it's on my coffee shop thread. It's my favourite place in Wales. A friend cheered me up loads this morning too. That meant a lot. So all in all I'm a bit perkier.

It's freezing cold here today. Absolutely bitter. I've overdone it today. I dragged myself shopping with his nibs today. I didn't cope too well. We went in Asda and I used a mobility scooter, I'll put the full story in the coffee shop.

I hope that you get a bit cheerier too. My tree is still not up or anything. I've still not made or written a Christmas tree or card x x x x

Have stayed on top of meds today. Done it by the clock. So far so good. Knee very stiff but pain on left knee and hips gone for now x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
@Nana moon 27, the photo is lovely. It is the sort of place we enjoy going to. We have been on most of the little railways of Wales and it is the sort of view you get from them.

The weather has certainly been different this weekend, we keep getting hail storms. You would like our garden, the previous owners used to sledge down the hill, it is 1 in 5. You certainly sound happier in yourself.

Hubby got the Christmas tree out of the loft. It is up in the conservatory now, but isn't decorated. It is 7 ft 6 in tall. We got a bargain a few years ago and got it for £17.50 reduced from £100. We went out to buy a real tree but they were all so spinderly so we relented and bought an artificial one. I still prefer a real one but this one is so much easier.

I haven't ventured out all weekend. I will have to go over to Yorkshire soon to see my mum, we haven't been for a while. It is about 60 miles each way. She has final stage dementia and is in a specialist care home.
 
@Legin, you must take care of yourself. Are the meds affecting your balance? You are on quite a high dose. I hope you start to sleep better. Sleep deprivation isn't good. I had trouble sleeping again last night. It was late when I got off to sleep eventually, then I woke up with a very sore right hip. I think I'd been on my side with all the weight of my left leg resting on the right side of my body.
 
Ty but i already hv a balance condition and had to retrain my brain. Sometimes the world spins and i basically concentrate straight ahead and stop it. Took a year to get this far and am able to work but shldnt go up high as if i wld. I think also high dose is my size im not fat but errrrrrrr broad shall we say. But ty i appreciate it
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @busylizzie

You must have been in the Talyllyn Steam Railway, in Tywyn, Gwynedd. That's about two and a bit mikes from where our caravans we are very lucky xxx the site just down the road and round the corner, tynllywyn is a paradise for steam spotters the train stops literally at the edge of the site x x x

I do hope that you get good sleep tonight. you're so deserving of it.

Love Ann x x x
 
I had a really bad night. I didn't get to sleep until after 4:30 this morning. My right hip is killing me as well as my left leg. My gut problems have reared an ugly head and I've had to stop painkillers until the flare calms down which doesn't help. I've been up and showered and am currently back in bed. Hope I feel better by tomorrow morning for the trip to the hospital for the CT scans. I was going to visit my mum today but that is definitely a no no. I am going to find something to distract me now, I don't want any lunch. The weather is awful here. I could hear the squals all night.
 
Load up a computer game like ogre hunting. Sorry you had a bad night its a pain.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Nana moon 27, it is a long time since we went to the Talyllyn railway. The weather wasn't kind to us. I remember going to Dolgoch. One of our favourites is the Welsh Highland. A few years ago we had a holiday cottage near the line. The drive to the cottage went under the bridge carrying the track. It was a good holiday. Three generations all enjoyed listening for the train coming and going outside to watch it.

I hope your hospital visit this afternoon goes well.
 
Hi Busylizzie best of luck for the scans tomorrow and hope you get some answers, also hope you have a better night,it terrible if you can't sleep I keep waking with knee pain and have to take painkillers again,not nice but nothing to what your going through.Take care
 
Yup good luck from the ogre too. When I had head scanned I boke it. Was was lieing there thinking thinking about Einsteins theory of relativity. As you.do. when a voice piped up oh dear its not working. Seee us ogres are tufffffffff

Legin THR Sep 14
 
What me who when nooooooooo I didn't oh I did. Medical machines don't like me can take.them.several goes to get blood pressure and after RTA they put heart thingy on and beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I.went whooooooooooo got told off by wife for making fun whilst injured

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I had to have a head CT scan after the Gabapentin incident when I keeled over in the garden and I have had abdo ones with the dye but never leg ones before. They are much better to tolerate than MRI ones. They are a little claustrophobic.
 
Btw busylizzie Had 900 dose last night. Kept waking every hour but went back to.sleep.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I found the M.R.I very claustrophobic Doc gave me some Valium the second time it helped a lot.
 
Machines don't seem to function correctly for me too. Heart monitor was faulty when son was born, it was a good job the doctor thought to check and not believe machine. It caused a panic though.
 
I bet. As you saw 2 iron like objects heading to you.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom