Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope today is a better day@busylizzie are you stil doing muscle stretches. I do mine everyday usually in kitchen but then it was normal for me as I have always played a lot of sport and learned with age muscles need help starting, hmmmmm now if I could doma brain stretch. Today ogreland tomorrw the world.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Morning @Legin, I've just left you a post on your thread. I am concerned about your hot sweats.

I slept better last night. I can't stretch my left leg much as it triggers my ankle/foot pain. Just rotating round my foot is enough to set it off. I do some straight leg lifts with my foot in an odd position and some non load bearing bends. I tried my exercise bike again last night and I can still circle round providing my left foot sticks out from the pedal at an angle. I can't even try swimming/water therapy as rheumy said it wasn't a good idea at the moment. Just over a week now to the CT scans and hopefully some answers, well at least a diagnosis.
 
Feel for you must feel like the walls are closing in. I do have a v v v big hammer good for wall smashing.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin, I feel like using a hammer at times! I try to get engrossed in my craft work. Mind over matter. There is nothing else to do until they give me some answers. When I get cabin fever I go out on my scooter. Not the best time of year at the mo, shops are so busy and countryside dank. Long for crispy cold weather and bright blue skies and sunshine☺.
 
Agreed its why I walk. Miss my thinking rock. Chin up lass hopefuly soon some answers and you can always laugh at that numpty ogre sheeeeeesh

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Six month mark today from last surgery.

Spoke with my GP this morning about the cramps. She doesn't want me to take the quinnine tablets I got whilst I was in hospital. Instead she suggested tonic water. She said the tablets may cause heart palpitations. I have got more painkillers, it is a shame they don't work.

I went for a podiatry appointment this afternoon. I haven't been able to wear the orthotics I got recently, they don't fit right. She doesn't want to try anything else until the problem is diagnosed. She read out extracts from a letter sent from the ankle/foot specialist to the knee specialist. He thinks I have a complex problem and mentions mal rotation of the knee. At last it is in writing. I have to wait for next week's CT scans and then return to see the ankle/foot man early in the new year. Another 5 week wait! I hope I get a diagnosis then and possibly a solution. I am fed up of not being able to do the things I want to.
 
Hiya its me. I know how frustrating it is. We seem to take one steolp forward. 2back. Heck last night I saidnim going to the vet for.big injection. But we will get there untill then whooop it up at any wee progress and keep looking forward. Ok the ogre has spoken.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin I know what you mean. We have just got to pick up the pieces and get on with whatever we can. I have been watching TV this afternoon as a distraction whilst resting on the settee. I feel very lethargic. Hopefully this evening I will feel like doing some more craft work.
 
You go find a happy song if not see if you can.listen.to can you stand on.one leg by the.divine comedy it makes me smile oh btw title isn't mocking

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I've been working on standing on one leg, oh boy does it protest in the middle of the night. All I have to do is wear pink and I will look like a flamingo.
 
@Pumpkln, I often balance on my right leg using my crutches for support to take the weight off my left leg whilst standing. We must look an odd sight. The physio tried early on in my recovery to get me to balance on each leg in turn before the pain from the misalignment got bad. This afternoon at the hospital I was swinging through with my crutches my left leg hurt so much. Boy wasn't I glad to get home.
 
- stand betwixt on 1 leg wahaaay cricket stumps where.are.those.bails

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ty @yiayia3 I slept about 4 hours which Is soooooooooo good. I bet you were glad.busylizzie I am due a.consultant review soon do you.think he.would.appreciate if I.went in.with.leg tied up. Probably not a man with v.few funny.appraciating cells. Rest lizzie I know it is very frustrating. Hey I.got told off by.2 diff nurses today at sepetate times. See the.way I.see.it I'm the.anti recuperaator. I.show all how not to.do it. Jesting I know right way but I get restless. Take care.pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Me behave sheeeeeeeeeesh. I'm but fodder to them

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin, I have been a little low, but have come round now. Thank you for asking. Just wish I knew if they can fix this leg, or at least make it more manageable. I have started to get more pain on the lateral side below the knee, I guess where the long stem is. I am wondering if it is the stress on my leg from the misalignment.

I am going to have to go back to having showers, not baths. When I have a bath the sight of my leg gets to me and I try and bend and stretch it and it causes more pain. The warm water is comforting to the rest of my body though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom