Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, it is a roller coaster ride, a good snooze can do wonders for you. :sleep:, and some :flwrysmile:.
It is like we are at mile 26 of a marathon, and they just told us we have to go another 26 miles. :dead:
Sending you (((((HUGS))))).
 
Sleep while you need to. It's part of natures way of healing. We keep going as long as we have to and then when we stop, everything catches up with us.

I'm feeling a bit the same having had my two little granddaughters since lunch time yesterday until about half an hour ago, while their mum and dad had a night away. It was lovely - the girls were both very good - but I'm shattered now they've gone home. It's so nice to be able to sit down for longer than 10 seconds!

Have a brilliant August. Linda x
 
I had my private physio early today and have just got back. I have managed 95+ ROM:spin::dancy::yes!:. I'm past the magic number my consultant thought I'd really struggle to make ever. I was 8 weeks post surgery yesterday. Yes I'm pleased :yes:. The physio believes that ROM and general improvements can continue well into the first 2 years post op. I make her an honorary Bonesmartie. She is a gem.

I continue to have problems with leg length discrepency and alignment of my left leg. I still have to consciously think about gait when walking and try and correct it. She said we've done the best we can until I'm far enough on to do the gait analysis, orthotics and correct heel risers. I have new exercises to do to improve the plantar faciitis involving stretching the calf muscle. I only have to use the crutches now when I feel a need to, which is when I'm tired.

Now waiting until later today when the line comes out.
 
Great news, hon!!! Good for you!
 
I'm back from the line removal and now have a huge pressure dressing on my chest. It has to stay for 48 hrs then I must still keep the area dry for 7 days. Then I'll be free to swim etc. I had the forethought to have a shower before the line removal, thank goodness. They had no waterproof dressings available today that I don't react to so I'm going to give the local hospital a call in the morning and see if they will give me a couple to use so I can at least have a shower when the pressure dressing comes off.

I mentioned to the surgeon all the trouble I've had with the line and he reckoned that I may have had a partial blockage in it causing me all the problems. Well, it's over now, I'm glad it's out. It was hurting more the other day when it wasn't in use, than it did to have it removed, go figure.

Another milestone reached.

The weather forecast for next week isn't very good, wet, wet and more wet. So we are trying to decide where to go next week.
 
I'm back from a holiday in Scotland. Not much internet access where we were and I struggled to get on Bonesmart, so in the end gave up. I've lots to catch up on now. Knee behaved not too badly overall but had it's moments. I used my electric scooter where I could to give it a rest, otherwise I used both crutches most of the time.

It was great to get away after so long and we had a lovely cottage with a working hydro system with a mill lade ( a mini canal that carries the water from the the stream or burn as it is known in Scotland). It was a very late decision to go away and I couldn't find a cottage anywhere within a short travelling distance with a sea view. This was the next best thing, a babbling burn just outside our windows.

My chest where the Hickman line went in is healing nicely but not enough to go swimming whilst we were off. I had quite a few walks on the local beaches but kept my trainers on as it would have been too much effort to go barefoot. Easy to take them off, but too hard to get the sand and water off and put them back on. I still haven't mastered sitting at ground level. It will come .......next time. We will be back. I didn't take any photos, not easy with crutches. We didn't even put the TV on all week, just chilled out. It was what we both needed. We didn't want to come home.

I will catch up with all the news on bonesmart now. I have a follow up hospital appointment this next week and more physio booked. I'm taking it easy today as it was quite a long journey back yesterday in the car. Then there is the dirty washing to sort and food shopping to get.......back to reality.
 
I am so glad to read about your holiday! I just thought of you last night and was happy we had not heard from you! That means your life is getting normal again! My left tkr is scheduled for Sep 8 and I am actually looking forward to life after recovery! Have a great day!!
 
Wonderful report, glad you had a good time on your vacation. Looking forward to hearing about your OS appointment.
Nice to see you back posting,
 
Great to hear you had a good vacation and are healing nicely. :)
 
Your cabin sounds lovely! So glad you got to get away with the line out. Enjoy the rest of August! You both deserve the rest. And yes, I think when you come off a period of very high stress your "spring" winds down all at once and leaves you flat on your face for a while. Good healing.
 
Glad that you had a good time and took it easy on your knee. Don't try to do too much too soon; there always seems to be so much to do after vacation. Just remember that if no one will die if it doesn't get done, it doesn't have to get done today.(A "Josephineism"). Have a good weekend!
 
I'm so glad you managed to get away and had a good time. I hoped your lack of posts meant that you'd be able to go somewhere where there was no signal. I can still only get down on the floor or ground with great difficulty and getting up again can only be managed very inelegantly! Keep doing what you're doing though and I'm sure you will get there.

You won't believe this - I was told last week that, as well as my daughter, my daughter-in-law is also expecting another baby next March. That will mean that Paul and I have 9 grandchildren between us. I hope the babies don't decide to arrive on the same day or I shan't know where to go. Sarah, Devid and Sofia are coming over from Italy this Thursday for 2 weeks so I'm sure there will be much note comparing going on.

Before then we have Paul's 2 eldest granddaughters coming to stay for 3 days on their own for the first time. We're bracing ourselves! Hopefully conflict resolution will be easier here than when they are at home.

Hope your various appointments go well this week. Linda x
 
Still having great difficulty using this site from my tablet. It keeps timing out and I'm not getting many alerts. I still haven't caught up on the threads since before my holiday. I hope it starts working properly again soon.

I have been having a lot of foot pain from the plantar faciitis and new pain on the outside of my left foot especially when I walk without my crutches. It was bad yesterday just before my physio appointment so I got her to look at it. She said it needs addressing sooner rather than later and gave me some posts to put in my trainer. They have increased the pain, so back to square one. I really do need a gait analysis but can't have it until around the 3 month mark, only a few more weeks to wait before I can ask for it.

My positive spirit took a nose dive this morning. I waited almost two hours to see my consultant this morning only to be ushered into a room to have the appointment with a total stranger of an underling. He knew nothing of my case and got things wrong. He was against a gait analysis the moment and didn't acknowledge that I had a problem. I felt demoralised. He said come back in 3 months. Fortunately on the way out I spotted my surgeon in the corridor and we had a brief chat there. He reckons the fixed knee hinge is causing some of the problems and I must give it time for my body to get used to it and adjust. Its a catch 22 situation as I need to work at strengthening my muscles but just walking without crutches is causing problems due to misalignment. I will continue to use my static bike.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom