Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
@busylizzie I am so happy for you!! That is just amazing news. I haven't visited for awhile and what a pleasant surprise to read how well you are doing!
So, a few more anti biotics, and then maybe the emotions will get sorted. I am decreasing pain meds but they still wreck havoc with my emotions. The vulnerability from this surgery is profound I find.
I hope you are able to rest.
Driving? That must feel like a whole new level of freedom. Be very careful of course.
So happy for you,
~hopefaith
 
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
@busylizzie, sorry we missed your request. Title is now changed per your request. So pleased that things are improving for you, and that you are feeling more optimistic.
 
I am so glad that Bottomshollow got there before me!! Sorry, I must have missed the tag!! I will be more careful.
 
Thanks for changing the thread title.

Yesterday was a rubbish day, not good on the antibiotics, BUT today has been great. It's odd how things change. I have been out in the fresh air this afternoon and went for a ride in the country to a specialist garden nursery. We bought quite a few plants for the garden. I won't be planting them, but can have some say where they are going. I'm shattered now but happy :flwrysmile:. Trips out like this give you back some normality and lift your spirit. I need a lot more of them:yes!:, I want to be in control of my life again. I have had a taste of what it is like and I want more. I know I will feel rough again with the antibiotics but it won't last. I can cope with that now.
 
Yesterday was a rubbish day, not good on the antibiotics, BUT today has been great.
Busylizzie, I find my revision recovery is like this too, last night was horrible, pain shot way up, to hours to get it back down, the rest of the day has been OK. Yesterday was great.
I hope you are through with the strong antibiotics soon.
 
You are both so strong and inspiring. Going thru a normal tkr recovery is hard enough. I read your posts and wish I could make it easier for you. I really am amazed at the up and downs of your recovery and pray its easier for you soon. I have a hard time taking antibiotics for a few days let alone months. (((Hugs))) to you both.
 
Yes, it seems like a revision is a even a few steps higher in intensity than a regular ole TKR. I admire you both also.
Prayers,

hopefaith
 
Well I've reached six weeks post op today. Knee is progressing well and I'm beginning to walk more and do a lot more around the house. Things are looking rosy compared to six weeks ago. I endure the antibiotics knowing that they should be finished soon. I have 11 more days to go counting from tomorrow. It will take another week after that for them to clear my system as they have a very long half life. Tomorrow I'm going to try and arrange removal of the Hickman line so that it can go as soon as possible after the last dose. Then I can go swimming and do hydrotherapy, not to mention going away for a much needed break. Seaside here I come.

Thank you all for your support and posts of encouragement. They certainly help
 
Seaside sounds great!
 
It is official as of this morning, no more antibiotics as of close of day 25 July. My wedding anniversary is Saturday 26 July. We don't normally celebrate it but I think this year we might. I then have to wait to get the Hickman line removed. The request for removal is going in as anytime after noon on the 25 July, my last IV dose being in the morning. Then the real living begins and there will be no stopping me. Swimming, day trips, nights away and a lovely seaside holiday paddling in the sea water and walking on the beach. I can't wait to book the holiday. I don't care if we get the typical holiday weather of rain and more rain, I will be free. I won't be hooked up every day to the bag of antibiotics and the dreadful oral ones that make me feel so ill
 
Hi @busylizzie - I don't know why I have not been getting alerts on your thread but I am over the moon about your latest news. Your plans for you holidays and all of the things you will be doing is so encouraging. You have been through a lot and you have come through it with a smile. So happy for you! xox
 
I thought I could see the light, but physio wasn't good yesterday. She kept telling me to put more weight on my left foot and I kept saying I can't. I knew the alignment of my new knee wasn't that good but not as bad as it is. Last night I started my own investigation into the problem. It showed up when I tried a semi squat.

I went to todays physio and said I have a problem and showed her. The response was you need to get in touch with your surgeon. I called at outpatients on the way home. I already have an appointment with orthopaedics on the 13 August. Only clinic before 30 July is full to bursting. I rang secretary when I got home, but no answer. I'll try again in the morning.

I got hubby to take a photo when I got home. The more ROM I get the worse the problem. The radiator shows the vertical and how much my left knee is out. No wonder I have heel/ ankle pain. It isn't as noticable laying on the couch. I'm gutted.
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
 
You still have a lot of swelling --wonder what it is like under that. Your hip also does not look aligned. There is no way I could do a semi squat at your point even with a primary TKR. I would imagine that all kinds of things are loose and unstable after all your other procedures. Hopefully this is just a dip in the road and you can get in to the clinic asap.
 
Same here no semi squats that early. I still think you are doing well and maybe it is just swelling. I am glad you can see your OS though as he is the expert!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom