Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
@busylizzie Sorry you're having such trouble. You can get through this. Just think one day at a time and the six weeks will soon pass.
 
I bet your lunch tasted good after so many days of hospital food. I hope your care can be sorted out quickly so that you can get home for good very soon. Linda x
 
Glad you are able to enjoy an outing home, and hoping they arrange your infusion so you can go home to complete your recovery.
 
Got back an hour ago. I was tempted not to but I knew in reality I had to. I have been in the garden, wow the plants have grown. Sorted hubby out so he can continue refurbishment of the flagged area. Then it was lunch time and son, d-in-l decided to come visiting with grandkids. Lots of cuddles, questions and explanations and they settled in to play as usual, but they were on best behaviour. They all stayed a couple of hours then left us alone. Son was amazed in the difference two weeks and the op had make. I'm back to how I was pre primary replacement but in less pain , unbelievable. I have no trouble standing or walking a few steps without crutches. I have been up and down stairs twice at home. I even sat in the front of the car for the return trip.

I am tired, but haven't really overdone it. This new knee is in a different league to the first one. Physio said I had to do my exercises whilst I was at home but I ignored her, I didn't want to join the ODIC anymore. I did rest and elevate. I take very little painkillers now. I just hope this continues and isn't the lull before a storm. I got almost 60 degrees flexion before I went without warm up and assistance. @RestAssured I may be joining you after I have finished the antibiotics. My surgeon has performed a miracle, thank goodness I kept turning down a fusion.
 
@busylizzie what a difference a few days can make!!!! So wonderful that you got to spend time with family...and the cuddles, so important.
Hearing of you standing and walking! so happy for you.
~hopefaith
 
Great news! I am so glad that you are feeling better and you also sound very optimistic. Sending wishes that you continue to feel improvement and that you do well at home. Just stay out of the ODIC club. :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
 
Fingers crossed for you today for Outpatient IV's getting sorted today and you getting home ASAP x

Shortie x
 
@busylizzie
I've been away for a few days - I'm so sorry to hear that you have an infection. That's rotten bad luck! However, it looks as if things are getting under control, so prospects are good.

With all her experience and her positive outcome, Sonja ( @RestAssured ) will be a great support for you.

Best wishes! :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Hi @busylizzie I'm so sorry for what you have gone through with this surgery but wow it seems that you are making a good recovery now. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. Children and grandchildren can be such a comfort xxxxx I'm glad too that you ignored the advice given and not joined the ODIC!

Will chat soon and well done you!

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxo
 
And finally I got home.... I arrived an hour ago. We have had no web access today at the hospital for some reason so I couldn't post until now. It was only late this afternoon that I got confimation of my release. I have come home with no Tramadol, I'd have to wait until the morning to get that and I wasn't waiting.

Walking is getting better and I got 65 degrees bend by myself and 70 with assistance. Knee gets very stiff. I have an ice machine arriving tomorrow. I have managed to get IV antibiotics at the local hospital as I wanted, but they have increased the dose from 600 to 800. I start tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for all your support, you are all wonderful
 
Terrific update!! So glad you are doing well. Your rom is great!!!
 
Wahoo! about being home and getting the IV at your local hospital. Your flexion is as good as mine was when I was discharged and it improved quickly. I had a CPM so kept it moving in between icing and elevating. Any word on your home physio?
 
Busylizzie,
I am so happy to see you are at home, and can go to the nearby hosp for infusions :yay:. Your ROM is coming along great, after being straight for all this time :SUNsmile:.
My MIL had infusions after her THR became infected, she did great for the rest of her life.
:welome:HOME!
 
@Chihuahuan , we don't have home physio in the UK. I have elected to have physio back at Wrightington as they have a hydro pool. I should start the end of this week beginning of next. It is accelerated as I haven't bent my knee for so long and got released without achieving the 90 degrees usually necessary. I won't be able to use the pool with the Hickman line in situ.

I also had my stitches out today as it was day 14. The wound is fully healed and I don't have to cover it to shower It is amazing as the incision line has been used five times now. No scab or anything, just the remains of burst blisters. I'll post a picci when I get round to it.
 
That's all such good news. I'm so pleased for you. Hope everything goes smoothly from now on. Big yippees from this side of the Pennines. Linda x
 
I've had a busy day. I woke up feelng sick and dizzy yet again with bowel and bladder problems. Soldiered on and got to the hospital for my first IV session mid morning. We struggled to park and had eventually to park at the opposite end of the hospital. Thank goodness I had my wheelchair. Met a lovely consultant who explained everything in detail to me, signed the consent. The nurse tried to take a blood sample out of the line but couldn't get blood. Then she tried my arm vein and failed again. She is going to have another go tomorrow. Fortunately the line worked the other way and the antibiotic went in. Sickness and dizziness from the morning had begun to wear off at this stage only to start up again an hour later when this next dose went in. Next dose of oral due in a couple of hours. Got to keep going like this until the 26 July, our wedding anniversary.

The ice machine arrived whilst I was at the hospital. One of our good neighbours took it in and I've been using it this afterrnoon. I keep dozing off due to extreme lack of sleep since the 2nd of June. I've sorted the tramadol out to be collected tonight. Hubby is on child care duty at son's house until teatime. I'm resting and elevating right now.
 
Well done you coping with all this. Sorry your line didn't work for taking bloods but at least they got the antibiotics in. Thinking of you. I hope the ice machine makes a difference x

Rest well.

Shortie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom