Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
My area hasn't got community IV services and for some reason I can't use adjoining area facilities. I have been told I may have no option but to go with the main hospital, going every day for six weeks. I have to cross a major town or go on a busy motorway. Parking at this hospital is horrendous , with limited parking and it is quite a distance to walk from the car parks. The hospital is sprawled out and is a rabbit warren inside. Hubby and I would loose half a day getting there and back each day. He looks after the grandkids before and after school each day if d-in-law is working plus youngest the time she isn't at nursery.
 
I have negotiated not fasting tomorrow as I have declined any sedation. Á nurse from our ward is coming with me and staying with me all the time. It has to be a Hickman line in my chest not a picc line as my arm veins are now all shot
 
I got fantastic ROM this afternoon at just under 60 degrees with minimal discomfort. My knee is stiff now BUT I got some ice, hurray! I' m only allowed ten minutes on max, then twenty mins off, and only one bag of ice in a pillow case.
 
Hoping you can go to hospital of your choice, when you have a bad experience it can really put you off on a place.
Sending prayers a positive thoughts your way.

WOW on the ROM, wonderful news to hear.
 
Oh my you have been out through the ringer! I am so sorry you aren't doing well and now have to go somewhere that holds such bad memories!
Healing prayers to you! You must be in the UK as how talk about your healthcare is so foreign to me.

Let's all try and help you come up with creating new better memories to get you through the next 6 weeks....




4/1/2014 TKR
 
Thanks @Tamsmom. Last night I was in a bad place. I was dry heaving from the drugs and my tummy was very sore. I didn't get much sleep. Lights out on the ward is always approaching midnight and by six am the next day starts. In between buzzers are continually ringing, commodes wheeled about, lights going on and off, and nurses walking about. Not very conducive to sleep. There are 24 beds on an open ward. The bathrooms are quite a distance from some of the beds. Oh for single en suite rooms when I am like this.
 
Arrived at Wigan just after twelve for what we were told was a 2 pm appointment. Still waiting, probably be just after 4 before I can get it done. Glad I didn't have to fast. Knee killing sat on hospital trolley, just had some pain killers. I'll be lucky if I get back for teatime. I have an escort with me, we are both fed up. Glad I brought my tablet with me.
 
@busylizzie Like @Pumpkln and @Tamsmom words cannot describe how bad I feel for what you are going through. I hope the pain is not too bad now. Is it? So, they are putting a central line in I am guessing. Then you won't be poked and poked. What "fluid" was the infection found?
I pray for you a lot. We are here,
~~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith the infection was found in the fluid around the spacer. It could be an airborne contaminate, they just don't know. They have to treat it as the worse case scenario. It is 4:10 and I'm still waiting, I haven't even been gowned yet
 
What a dreadful place making you wait so long! I do hope they get to you soon! I am sending hugs and prayers your way - and white light for healing. I am glad they are treating you for worse case scenario. If it were me I would want that. Xoxo
 
Still in surgical admission s waiting no gown yet. Case 2 of 4 still in theatre, I'm case 4
 
I'm so sorry to hear of this latest setback, and that you've had such a long wait today. As if you haven't had enough to contend with already. I really don't know what else to say except that you know we're all rooting for you. Thoughts and prayers as always Linda x
 
Run out of theatre time now an d I have to be admitted to Wigan and go on the emergency surgery list. Don't know when I will get the op but it will happen.
 
Hi Lizzie. Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. My patience has worn thin for 'revision life' and have found myself a bit speechless. But I have kept up on your journey and YOU continue to amaze me! Always strong and ready for the big fight! You go girl! You can beat this. Hope this antibiotic works quickly....certainly your custom made titanium knee like its new home. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Anne
 
Admitted to the ward and had some tea. Then they suddenly turned up for me. All done and dusted and waiting for xray to confirm correct placement . Then back to Wrightington today. Hope to be discharged home soon. Thank you for all your support, Together Everyone Achieves More, the bonesmart TEAM gives the best support anybody could want. It is certainly very powerful. Thank you again, I have the strength to continue on this long journey again
 
Well done you @busylizzie another day of your recovery complete, you must be very proud of yourself you are dong so well with everything xx

Shortie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom