Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still at Wigan I think I will be here for the night now. Bed sheets are making me. Very itchy, my legs are on fire. Nurse says that they have that affect on some patients. Beam me up Scottie, let me out. Waiting to go to A&E xray department, it could be hours before there is a slot. Let us hope I can transfer back early tomorrow morning.
Despite bringing my meds with me I am having trouble getting them issued. 3 hou
rs late with the oral antibiotic
 
Don't know how long I can continue on my tablet, the battery is getting flat now
 
We will thinking of you. I am sorry you are going thru all this. ((Hugs))
 
Wow! Awesome! on the flexion. Hope all has gone well with the Hickman line. Lots of good wishes your way.
 
So glad to hear you were seen today, and are on your way back, and then soon to be discharged home.
Hope they find an infusion place closer to home for you.:friends:
 
I hope you will be feeling better soon. You have certainly gone through a lot. Sending good vibes your way!
 
Just woke up with stomach churning and feeling very sick courtesy as usual of the oral antibiotic. Still not been to xray to check placement of new line so it isn't in use yet. Then 42 day count down starts to my new life. I have been managing the knee with very little pain killers now. Least pain I have had in quite a while. I can feel the scar tissue breaking up each time I bend it. It isn't painful just a little discomfort, but it keeps coming back and I have to stretch it again. I can already walk a few steps without my crutches, something I couldn't have done before this op. Early days but it looks a winner.
 
You sound great! Keep it up you will be there shortly. I am so glad you were able to take some steps and are not in much pain. (((Hugs)))
 
And finally I'm back at Wrightington 27 hours after I left. I got back just in time for afternoon visiting at 2:30pm. I have had to have swabs taken and reside in isolation in the single side room until the results come back as I've been to an alien place, the main hospital in the trust. Had I come back last night I could have gone back to my bed,what the difference is in terms of bringing an infection back who knows?

I now have to wait until Monday for the IV care to be set up before I can be discharged. BUT I have negotiated a few hours home tomorrow in the daytime provided I come back afterwards. Sunday lunch at home , here I come, Yes
 
busylizzie,
Happy to hear you are back at the hosp, I hope the isolation room is quieter?
I am impressed they will let you go home for lunch.
Here the insurance companies would say if you are well enough to go home for lunch, you are well enough to go home.
Enjoy your afternoon outing,
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry @busylizzie I lost your thread for a couple of days and gee a lot has been happening for you over that time. It sounds like you're definitely on the right track and walking unassisted is wonderful for you!! I am so very pleased. Sunday lunch at home sounds terrific too and just the tonic you need BUT don't 'forget' to go back will you :heehee:
 
@busylizzie okay. I found you again! How wonderful that you get to go home for at least a bit. I think that will bring some sanity to this very difficult few days you've had. I am so happy about your bend and walking a little bit! :yes:
 
Hope you enjoy your lunch at home. Where I live they would not allow that either. If one was in jail then perhaps but they are in such need of the beds at the hospitals that as soon as you can stand they are pushing you out the door:)

Happy to hear that things are looking up for you. It is unfortunate that they do not have a mobile nurse practitioner that can take care of you at home. I had that when I had a back infection (from an epidural site after my oldest boy was born). The nurse came to my mom's home home (my husband could not get time off of work and I needed help with my baby so went and stayed with my parents for two weeks) to change the dressing and release the toxins and to make sure I was in good shape over all. It was wonderful. I was no able to move for a 5 days as the infection had gone so far so it was great to have someone that could come to me.
 
Busylizzie, I am so glad you got some good news!! I hope this is the turning point for you and that healing is on a direct flight!! Prayers for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
When I couldn't get discharged because of the infection and the need for a Hickman line, they couldn't give me an indication of how long I would have to wait. So I asked my consultant if I could go home for the weekend and come back Sunday evening. Nothing happens here over the weekend just basic services, no consultants are here. They compromised, hence I can go home for a few hours tommorow.
 
I can't be discharged until a care plan is in place for me to have daily IV antibiotics, I am not allowed to administer them to myself. Today is the first day I have had both the oral and IV ones. I am feeling pretty rough, Sicky and my tummy is churning. I have also gone itchy. I am looking forward to a good six weeks NOT.
 
Yes, please do stay with this forum .... lots of good information, encouragement, and support. Also, I'd definitely go with what Josephine said .... she's right on.
abby
 
@busylizzie ,

I remember the oral and iv antibiotic therapy for 6 weeks. Have they mentioned taking a probiotic three hours after so you can avoid anything like c-diff? I had c-diff, and now I take probiotics and a sulfa drug everyday.:cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom