Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you have to stay longer, but glad they are taking extra precautions. Keep following the Bonesmart way, it is the your way to recovery.
 
Results are in I have two bugs cultured from the fluid. Awaiting action, need to be on a different antibiotic. Not sure significance of bugs:bawl:
 
Oh my! Sounds as though know which ones and what antibiotic they will respond to.
If a very lovely dark haired physio named Julia drops by to say hello --it's my nephew's wife. Her expertise is shoulders.
 
@Chihuahuan I'll look out for her. We had some upper limb surgery patients in today. Still hope to go home tomorrow, I've just started taking rifampicin tonight. I'm still awake at 1 am
 
Just got bad news. I have to go to another hospital in the trust and have a Hickman line inserted, then back here and start 6 weeks IV and oral antibiotics. I can't get home until a reciprocal arrangement is agreed with my local hospital to administer the IV antibiotic. This is likely to be next week.
 
@busylizzie Oh! That is bad news. I am so sorry. How are you doing emotionally? This must be oh so hard.
I am praying thinking of you. I hope for you peaceful moments in the midst of this very difficult situation. If you have a Hickman, then you won't have to have all these I.V. attempts. The line will be in. Here I think it is called a PICC line. Do they not place them in the hospital you are in ?
x x x
~hopefaith
 
I keep dissolving into tears, I can't help it. I want to go home NOW. They can't even get a blood sample out of me at the moment.
 
@busylizzie I wish I could fly across the pond and be with you. The tears are SO understandable. Do you have someone with you during this?
Praying a lot for you.
~hopefaith
 
I rang hubby. He will be here for evening visiting. We can only have visitors at set times, he can't stay all day.
 
I will be practically housebound. Oral antibiotics made me so sick, dizzy and upset tummy this morning and it lasted three hours despite antisickness drug. They have upped the dose for the next one.
 
Oh, bummer! Sounds like getting this line is needed, though. Can they try a different anti-nausea drug if this one isn't working?
:console2:
 
I'm on ondancetron. It is the only one I tolerate. Next dose is very soon just before visiting.
 
((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) so sorry you are still having a rough time. I hope that this is really temporary and keep my fingers crossed that it will get sorted asap for you.

Thinking of you.

Shortie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom