THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Stargirl,

Congrats on the new hip!! Hope your recovery goes well. So true about the pain meds!!! :)
 
Hi stargirl, I hope you are feeling better today! I had a rough time with nausea after my knee surgeries. I told my hip anesthesiologist that I had issues previously. He was able to find a perfect combo so that I was able to eat and keep things down no problem. I tell you this just so you know all is not lost should you ever need surgery again. Once I start spewing its hard for me to stop, so I understand your misery. Sending you happy tummy vibes!
 
Hi, Star Warrior, are you in rehab now? Remember, if they want you to do anything that hurts, politely decline.
I hope you are feeling much better today. Keep us posted!
 
Hey my beautiful girls thankyou for you concern I got transferred to rehab today had a bit of a mental breakdown in that I just sort of kept crying like the idiot baby I am and said I wanted to go home!!!! :) it was just all the mental toll of the little freak out I had due to endone overload about three days ago - had a lot of nausea and vomiting , but slowly weened off the endone and now just on panadol x2 every four hrs . Think I have been taking a little level of too much much pain , was scared to commit to anything heavier than Panadol due to freak out from endone or whatever other drugs I had been taking - hard to specify what I had reaction to? However due to Physio gifting me the lovely thigh /knee burning sensation yesterday evening I had a tramadol at the recommendation of the beautiful rehab nurse here with over 30 yrs Exp and finally got around four hrs sleep ! Just woke up to chat to my bs family and have another x2 panadol :)

Do hopefully can now safely committ to tramadol when required so I can get some sleep and rest , sleep has been a major issue with me only getting around 2/3 hrs most nights mainly due to angst of not sleeping at home and being near my husband . We have basically grown up together and to be separated under these circumstances has been one of the most stressful ordeals for me .

I will see if I stay on for fast tracked rehab I am
Like a wild horse ready to bolt to get some semblance of normality
Back in my environment . Whilst the hospital facilities are world class I have just had enough of the stress of sleeping away.
I'll chat the Physio today and see their thoughts.

On a teriffic note I can raise /bend my knee when both legs are lying flat on the Bed,
much higher than I have been able to for last eight years !!!! And this is only 6 days post op!!! You guys do all keep saying I would not know myself eventually I pray this is true and finly have some light at the end of this stressful tunnel as to why I committed to this procedure and process! .

Be gone immobility and bring on life!!!!

Thankyou again CookingLoverGirl thankyou for your gorgeous comments , have been through the wars - no less than you beautiful girl but am not made of the same tough stuff as you :) xxx black pumps still seem like my wild fantasy . If /when it does happen I will make the happiest post!!! :) thankyou for reminding me of my inspiration

Love to you all and thankyou for commiting me to this , still not sure how the hell you all managed to get me here !!!!?? :)

Xxxxxxxxxxx
 
Love to you all and thankyou for commiting me to this , still not sure how the hell you all managed to get me here !!!!??

Because we care honey!

Because we have all gone before you and experienced the same emotions xxxxxx
 
Startgirl, sorry for jooining late, but am wishing you the best. Patience I think can be the most frustrating part of recovery, and believe it or now it gets worse, as the more we can do the more we want to do. We have been laid up for so long and our lives have been on hold, so now it's like open the gates and let me run, but as you see with being able to bend your knee up, it is coming, but just not at the pace we would like. I wish I could just jump into my kayak right now, but hips will not let me yet, but they will, also it being 10degrees here doesn't make it to cozy on the water either yet. Unfortunatley I did not put the ice breaker plate on the bow of my kayak.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!
Sure glad you're getting a handle on your pain meds. It's the first important step in recovery. Be sure the rehab stays slow and easy---and do not do anything that hurts. It won't be long before you'll be back home with hubby.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!
 
Hey Peach!
Boy you've been through a lot! I am actually shaking since I read through your last few posts. I can't help but be nervous over the what's to come. So relieved you are starting to feel like yourself again! I am sure it's encouraging to read all the posts and well wishes from bone smarty friends. :friends: I know this will soon be a distant memory and you will be loving that new hip! I can relate to you missing your hubby. I grew up with mine too, in fact we are approaching our 22nd anniversary in March. He is going to try to stay with me in hospital but I don't know how comfortable that's going to be. I'm still praying for you daily and hope you will be home soon. There's no place like home. :SUNsmile:

Gentle hugs,
Weezi
 
I had a long post ready to send yesterday but i hit the wrong button. My phone gets on my nerves.Anyway in a short time from now you really won't know yourself. Here is an example. I went o. A road trip about four hours. Stopped for a snack and gas after driving about three hours. I hopped out of vehicle and quickly walked into store. On the way back to car i tgought about my hip. It used to take me a minute or two to get out of car a slowly straighten out while hanging on to door. I truly forget about it all the time now its been seven weeks today. Im so happy for you and i cant wait for you and my other friends to heal up and get moving. It wont be long now.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!
Vilebyrd, signs of things to come!!!! It's just so great to do something with ease that was so difficult and painful before without even thinking about it until after the fact. It's going to be happening more and more; and then one day, you'll realize that you don't think about your hip any more.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!


Vilebyrd
 
Hey stargirl ... I sense you may have bolted from rehab? Looking for an update honey?
 
Yes stargirl, been wondering how things are going, hoping you pop in soon to let us know.

Take care

Ann
 
Ok, I'm getting anxious about you too. I'm thinking about bolting Tuesday morning unless you tell me otherwise.
 
Hi Guys!!!! im sorry have been full on woth moving into a new apartment, disharged yesterday fo hospital after just x2 days rehab :) Yes i bolted !!!! you guys are hilarious predicting my movements before i even knew :rotfl:
Firstly let me say, i am only 8 days post op, and now everyhting is said and done guess what... I am ECSTATIC !!!!! i did this.
I know i moaned about the nausea i had with the endone, but mother nauture is a beautiful thing and the moment i stoppred taking the hevaier meds and got straight onto panadol x2 4 times day and icing constantly on both knees and hips (eveyone is different) i feel great!!!!.

So discharged just yesterday and only committed to x2 days rehab instead of the five they did want, no big deal though becaus i am still going to physio twice a week and taking the excercises very seriously, i am not a fool to disregard what the wonderful team around me are saying.

I have had x5 physio sessions already - because i did rehab intensive for x2 days with physion twice a day!!, so already i am on a cane and walking up stairs ok and feel soooooooooo much less pain than pre op, like 2/10 as opposed to 9/10 pre op!!!.

I have already noticed so much less limping to my gait and the physio had to adjust my cane a little higher today because apparently i am taller now my wicked new hip is installed, by around 2cm i think :)

Weezi dont you dare bolt, th life we had gotten accustomed to living will continue to narrow and you will contnue to look at wheelchairs with lust ans fast forwarding six months wher will you be if you dont do it as opposed to if you do???.

Let me be ruhtlessly honest, the most negative part of my experience was simply the reaction i had to the drugs, which is different for everybody!, not evryone goes through this and it was simply one or two days or nausea that eventually was handled with cleansing my system of this calibre of drugd, icing A LOT!!!! and seeing the micro movements to my leg restored each day, by day 6 i strated to see that i was already better than before pre op!!!.

The hospital was amazing, the staff were like family, they did everything in their power to make my stay wonderful, in fact i have bought about thirty thankyou card to each indivisual i vividly remember that nurtured me in my time of need and will drop them off shortly.

Please Weezi and anyone that is reading this, i knwo all too well the level of fear, angst and doubt that surrounds you but for me thi sprocedure has now one week later been nothing short of a miracle.

My family have already noticed my sense of humour return with a vengeance, my lust for life and am making future plans to holiday overseas later on int he year god permitting (and finances :)

This is life changing surgery and if it means nausea for one or two days an denduring a hospital stay for five or six who cares!?!.

Go forwrad my gorgeous friends and conquer, get back your freedom of life!!!!:happydance:

Weezi please write to me and share evry concern you have, you know i will be honest! xxoxoxoox
I am so excited for you and anybody else that has the good sense and courage to cmmit to this, the way we wre living stripped the sunshine of our lives, finally my storm clouds are dissaperaing for good!!!

Thankyou to you beautiful people before me who convinced me of the same, my trutn now to 'pay it forward' :):flwrysmile:

:bicycle1:
 
I had a long post ready to send yesterday but i hit the wrong button. My phone gets on my nerves.Anyway in a short time from now you really won't know yourself. Here is an example. I went o. A road trip about four hours. Stopped for a snack and gas after driving about three hours. I hopped out of vehicle and quickly walked into store. On the way back to car i tgought about my hip. It used to take me a minute or two to get out of car a slowly straighten out while hanging on to door. I truly forget about it all the time now its been seven weeks today. Im so happy for you and i cant wait for you and my other friends to heal up and get moving. It wont be long now.

Hi Vilebyrd, thankyou so much for your message, i too with the stupid iphone have tried several times to respond only to lose the post!! :hairpulling:

It is so terrific to see how normal your actvities are 7 weeks later that is amazing!!, when did you lose your cane and notice that you were confident to walk strong and tall without one?. I am only 8 days post op and know i have at least five more weeks of cane time?? just want to perfect my gait beofre i go abandoning my only assistance.

This really is an amzing procedure isnt it!?.
 
Super duper update stargirl, that was certainly worth the wait......go you :yay:

Onwards and upwards

Take care

Ann.x.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!
Stargirl is back to the land of the living and is on top of the world with excitement over her brand new man-made hip!!!! And we are so, so very happy for you. And everything is just going to get BETTER & BETTER for now on.

Sweetie,
[Bonesmart.org] Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!
Take care, keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!
 
Hi Jamie I was wondering of you could plead post my latest updates in this thread as well as January jackpot thread as it details where I am up to now post op? Thankyou for everything you have been amazing !! :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom