THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stargirl, noticed you are online... How are you feeling tonight?
 
Hi stargirl - I'm a bit late to the party, but welcome to the other side! It sounds like you are doing pretty well. So glad for you! How is the pain management going? You will have plenty of time for PT so there is no reason to really push it now. Regarding bruising, mine was mostly not visible, but some of the deep bruising made an appearance on the surface about a week after.
 
Stargirl, you sound like you're doing well just a few days out! Nausea was my bed buddy for a few days as well, but it sounds like you've kicked them out of the bed! Do talk with your doc to make sure you get an order for the anti-emetic at home as well. Certainly want you to feel as good as possible. No sense feeling crummy when you are trying to heal.

Make sure to nap when you feel the urge, use ice regularly, and make sure you keep on the pain med schedule as I'm guessing you'll be heading home soon. So glad to have you on the other side!! Here's to your new job -- healing. :cheers:
 
Ok guys need some help please Poppet @ Josephine @ Jamie help please :/
This morning finally had my first bowel movement after commiting to prune juice and some figs or something yesterday eeeeeeww. Them woke up after sleeping 12pm- 5am with x2 10mg endone and x2 pAracetemol. They were trying tksce me back to 10mg endones every four hrs rather than 3. I had a pretty horrible vomiting run and vomited about 7 times !! :/

They tried to give me some tramadol and maxolon but spewed that too :/

Just laying here appx two hrs later with empty tummy feeling hot and exhausted .tried having some dry toast apple juice can't stomach anything else .
I will definetly mention to dr today If I see him??! That the pain meds still have not been sorted !? Just chatted with one of the nurses who says they might just try switching me to panadeine forte or tramadol ?? I am scared to make any switches due to pain I might experience or additional nausea .

Can't seem to find the appropriate balance to keep me out if pain , alert enough to do Physio and no nausea ???

Please help with any suggestions I feel like **** :( Xxxx
 
I was sick in hospsital from PCA pump so they game me Tramadol and it was great. I was sick this morning but think I took meds on empty stomach. Ate a little dinner and feel okay. I am waiting on the first body function. Home health nurse said I had the bowel sounds and it won't be long. I took Tophram for nausea and it worked well. Gonna rest for the evening and hope tomorrow will be sunny and bright. Hope the best for you all.
 
SG, I hate that your in misery. I know Jo will be along soon with suggestions but in the meantime can you ask for something else like Phenergan or Zofran? Hopefully, your doctor will try something else. I am praying that you get relief soon. Please post when you feel up to it.

Gentle hugs,
Weezie
 
Hang in there, Star Warrior, things will get better. Has your nurse let your doc know what's going on?
 
stargirl

Certainly nausea is part and parcel of the pain meds, not many of us escape it. I certainly threw up for several days after I woke up from ICU.

Are they giving you oral Maxolon or an injection? They may need to swap you to Stemetil injection.. Ask about that!

Sadly it is trial an error with some patients trying to get the right pain med protocol and control the nausea.

It is Sunday, so you may not see your surgeon (this is Australia!) but you can certainly speak the the Sister in charge of the ward and ask if she can contact the Registrar on duty...

Has your Physio given you the bed exercises you can do, if you are not able to walk much at this stage?

Don't be worried that you aren't doing a lot of walking, I spent 5 days in ICU unconscious and 1 day in the High Dependency Unit, so I didn't get to walk until day 7..

:)
 
Stargirl, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. Like Poppet said sometimes they need to change things up to get the right combo. If your doc can't help, you might be able to request that a Pharmacy Doctor be called in to assist in finding the right mix that will cause you the least amount of grief. Don't be shy in asking as this is their specialty.

Also ask for an ice pack for the back of your neck. Since you are so warm, this will help cool you down and can make you feel better. I had used one there my first day when I was sick and it really helped.

Sending you lots of comfort vibes! :console2:
 
Hi guys had a rough start this morning being fourth day post op because of taking all the endone 10mg every three hrs plus tramadol and OxyContin I think my body just said enough !!! I finally pased bowel movement thank goodness because my tummy was sore ( sorry for details but you know his honest I am :). And then threw up up a few tines thank goodness dr came round in the morning even though it is Sunday in aus and agreed lets wind back down to just panadol 8 every 24 hrs and maybe tramadol If reqd and maxolon if nausea sets in . Finding getting off endone has worked a treat and went for a couple of Laps around the ward today and then with crutches , much less pain than pre op nothing I can't deal with 3/10 which is fine.

I spoke with the lovely nutritionist here and she said I must eat my fruit and some meat for iron intake as well as bananas a must and lemonade for nausea with dry crackers . Well shes completely right bless her soul her husband had 2 thr so she knows. I feel so much better and nausea has gone and my bowel movement regular (sorry again :) but its important to us all !.
I'm now alert for the occasional ward walk and get myself to the bathroom and shower , looking forward to checking out if ward and going to official rehab tomorrow for a few days hope they don't bust my chops as we say !! :)

Thankyou gorgeous friends you have got me through this Poppet you know you are an angel .
Xxxxxxxxxxoooooxxxxxxc
 
I am so thrilled Aussie girl... Let the recovery being now!

Be firm with the PT at rehab.. If they try to push you tell them it hurts and you need to go slower.. also, make sure you continue with the ice, especially good after exercise.

You set the pace, it is your hip and your future.

How long will you be in rehab?

Hugs stargirl
 
I think they want me there between 5-10 days hope Im home after five!!! Over sleeping in the hospital beds :)
 
Totally understand.. Must admit I had enough after 11 days..

It will be worth it though as you will be with specialized rehab staff.. :)
 
I am so happy that you are now on the side of recovery. Right now rest, elevate, ice and drug control. Good for you. Now you can start living a new life. Take Care. :flwrysmile: Tashia
 
Thankyou Tashia took all my courage I had
to get through this but I would be lying if I said I wasnt ecstatic that I have finally addressed what has been holding me back from having a wonderful life thankyou for your support throughout xxxx
 
Thankyou I lovefall means the world to me , can't we believe we did it thank god!!!! Wish in a way I was just going home tomorrow and no pt I think I'm going to bolt after a couple of days !? ! :bicycle2:
 
Stargirl, so glad you are feeling much better and you are 'regular'! We won't tell if you try and sneak out of rehab! :whistle:
 
I'm so happy for you Stargirl!!! Yayyy!! Black pumps to come soon girlie! :)

Every day brings us closer to those shiny black shoes....!

Please keep us posted on your recovery!! Wishing you nothing but the best!! We are bionic women now ;) We aren't just survivors now either...we are warriors. Bionic warriors. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom