THR Woooooohoooooo I did it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, if it is 7 pm here it must be 11 am there? Is that right? How are you this morning, Stargirl?
Inquiring minds want to know everything, Star Warrior!
 
Hey, Hey SG! Just wanted to check in on you. I went to pre-op today and feel much better now that I know what to expect. Are they keeping your pain under control? I'm not familiar with panadol but I hope it's doing the trick. Don't be afraid to ask, you have to stay in front of that pain. I would imagine you wouldn't sleep all night if it's anything like here in the US, the nurses are in and out of your room during the night. But I do hope you are able to sleep, that's so important. Take care and post when your feeling up to it.

Gentle hugs,

Weezi
 
Hey poppet and wheezi I'm sorry to report slid down a lot today around lunchtime I think mainly due to spinal wearing off and pain peaked suddenly at 12 lunchtime . I'm on x2 endone every three hours and tramad every four hrs plus Panadol on between and OxyCotin 8am and 8pm . Main pain is over incision and all front thigh as well as my back as is really quitefull on 8/10. We're going to see how we go with more regular endone at three hrs and if this doesn't work I'm thing about a Morphein shot ?? Please help guys if you think this is a bad idea? Xxxxxx
 
Yes, ask for the shot. When they ask about your level of pain on a scale of 1-10, be honest. I asked for the morphine shot and was really glad I did because it took care of the pain and I could deal with it after that with the other pain med. Ask, all they can say is no but you need something!
 
Hi stargirl, go with 3 hourly Endone and if no relief go with the morphine.. Need to get you pain levels sorted :)

Just leaving work, will be online when I get home :)
 
Stargirl, ask for and take everything they will give you for pain, and let them know if it isn't enough. You need to be comfortable so you can get your rest and heal.
Did you get an ice pack?
 
When I was at the hospital, they told me that the pain should be managed with meds so it is not more than 3/10 so I would take anything they gave me!! Hope you are feeling better today; it will get easier with time
 
Thankyou ntdr great advice I think 3/10 will be my rule from now, I am not going to let escalate to 4/10 because it just runs to high too fast. Endone every 3 hrs works the trick with background OxyCotin 8am and 8pm with tramadol every four . Sometimes paracetamol as needed every six hrs, wow sounds like a lot hope I'm not overdoing!?!!oh yeah and dimazupan is the magic ticket one every eight hrs also , this one is my hero.

Feel fantastic right now, understand its the drugs but feel great for second day post op nonetheless no more hip pain !!!!! As usher says OMG o o o o o OMG!!!!!
 
Stargirl you are a hoot! So great that you can have a sense of humor 2 days post op!!!
Just be sure to take laxatives with all of the pain meds you are on because they can really bind you up badly!
I am at almost 7 weeks and still need a my tramadol once or twice a day so don't feel bad about all the meds; they are there for a reason and you won't be on them forever!
I know it's probably been said to you many times (in different ways) but the keys to recover are: PRIME (I made this acronym up for myself:)
Patience
Rest
Ice
Meds
Elevate
Hugs, prayers & positive vibes your way Stargirl! You will be running before you know it!!
:SUNsmile:
 
YAY!! So happy to hear that you have joined us on the recovery side!! :happydance:
And absolutely take everything for the pain that you can! The first few days are tough! I was on a fentanyl drip for 2 days! :ok:
 
Hi guys day three post op and got up with walker and had a sit down shower with assistance from nurse and husband. Also stopped using bedpan Able to get up with walker to sit in elevated toilet seat , although no weight restrictions due to anterior I am very cautious nonetheless and still feel extremely slow and steady. My Physio coming again in arvo as doctor insists χ2 walks around hall with walker .

Whilst pain is under control with generally 3.5 /10 rating I am having some issues with nausea and drowsiness for Meds stopping me from Completing as much pt as they would like . In a constant sleep/nausea daze , Just had a maxolon for nausea thank god seems to be working and will try and ween endone evey four hrs , guys if you have advice to what might be suitable balance of meds will be eternally greatful maybe Orthodoc or @jospehine or @ poppet ? Thank you guys keen to do my Physio bu get hard when I keep falling asleep and wake to be nauseas .
 
Stargirl,

This is my personal opinion only.. Whilst you are in hospital and your surgeon has set out your pain medication protocol it is important that you discuss your concerns about the 'suitable balance of meds', it would not be appropriate for me (and I suspect Josephine or Orthodoc) to suggest changes to your surgeons prescribed pain med protocol.

It is only a few days post surgery for you, I know that I spent heaps of time sleeping after I came out of ICU.

You are doing fantastically well so far and I am pleased that the Maxalon has helped :)
 
Yes you probably right thankyou poppet xxx maxolon has worked a charm so I'll stock with it when necessary and let os determine next steps :)
 
Whilst pain is under control with generally 3.5 /10 rating I am having some issues with nausea and drowsiness for meds stopping me from Completing as much pt as they would like . In a constant sleep/nausea daze , Just had a maxolon for nausea thank god seems to be working and will try and wean endone every four hrs , guys if you have advice to what might be suitable balance of meds will be eternally grateful maybe
stargirl, I'm sorry you are feeling nauseous but hopefully the maxalon will help. I always found it a very effective enti-emetic. However I am concerned that you are trying to do too much in the way of PT just yet. You don't need it and to be honest, your hip will sort itself out in the long run anyway, with or without your help! So long as you are taking little walks a half a dozen times a day, it will come right, don't worry.

As for your pain meds, I suggest you try 1,000mg paracetamol with each dose of Endone, up to 4 times a day. I think you might find it a very helpful companion pain killer and it's okay to take them both at the same time. Infact, Oxycodone is very often made with the paracetamol already mixed in it.

Another tip, regard the drowsiness as part of your recovery treatment! It's our way of making you slow down a bit and getting the rest you need after such a major surgery. Now I know you've had an anterior and I also know that you expected to be up and running very quickly after, but darn it, girl, you're only 3 days out yet! Give yourself a chance and stop trying to do it all in one week! It can't be done, okay?
 
You are doing so great! But listen to Josephine. You need a lot of rest and sleep---remember, you were exhausted for months from pain and anxiety before this major "trauma" so don't fight sleep, it is your friend.
 
Hi stargirl, pleased to hear the maxalon is working for you. I had four days of nausea and just feeling totally knackered, the nausea for me was caused by one of the painkillers, once I stopped it I felt brilliant, I can't handle nausea very well :boohoo:

I think now you have got that sorted you will start to feel great and ready to progress at a slow and steady pace.

Taking it easy is the key, every small achievement is like a massive milestone and a great feeling. There's no rush, as you have heard many a time on here what's needed is lots of patience.

Take care

Ann
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom