Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I'm reading some lovely positive posts of recovery at the moment and it's a real boost. I'm referring to people such as myself, who had dreadful recovery until revision. Then I read about ones who are still suffering, my heart goes out to them and I pray that they get relief and answers soon to their problems. No one deserves to be in pain, whether it's physical or emotional, they are both very debilitating.


Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 your knee looks great, do take things steadily. Your openness about how things have been is very heartwarming.
I was reading about the ablation @1ELISEA and am hoping all is going well. I have a heart scan tomorrow and an ablation was mentioned. I've had so much going on I'm finding it bordering on too much now, the 200bpm was almost the last straw after everything else.
I'll post on my thread when I know more.
It is so cold, I've started beta-blockers and can't get warm.
:console2:
 
@Nana moon 27 I have tried so hard to stay out of that club, but I always seem to be in it. After my upcoming surgery on the 20th I am going ODIC in 10 days after and take a 6 hour ride to see my son who is in the Navy he is getting promoted to Letutent (misspelled) and I refuse to miss the ceremony so I know in advance I am crazy but very proud of my son.
 
Hi @madinana take your meds, ice, seat, the lot. I'd break every rule if my son was going to become a Lieutenant. Gosh, you must be so proud. Don't forget the pics if they're allowed. I'd love to see them please.
I totally understand why you want to do this. It may be irresponsible of me to encourage you really. This is a once in a lifetime occasion, that's why I understand your viewpoint.

Love Ann xxx
 
The one does look like a split but it's not. It's where the surgeon decided to cut at the side of the already healed scar that he'd gone into, for whatever reason.
Nana, the wound is fine. What's happened is that when the surgeon (or his assistant) closed the skin, instead of approximating the skin edges as they should be, he's drawn one edge over the other - this is referred to as inverting the skin edges. The end result is a bit like taking in a tuck in a garment. It also means that when the staples or stitches are removed, the 'tuck' opens out just like it would when dressmaking! The raw underside of the skin then heals across and you get a rather wide scar at that point. I have one on my arm that was done by our professor many years ago when he removed a lump from my arm - so it can happen to anybody! However, I would observe that the inversion is rather more than I have seen before - obviously someone wasn't paying attention to what he was doing!
 
Hi Nana , you are not old !! You still have some good quality years in front of you . Do you exercise at all ? Healthy diet.? Those can be factors and help with ones overall health. Would you be kind enough to fill me in on the latest. Last i recall, you were waiting on a procedure on knee and chest. Correct me if im wrong . Ill be wishing you nothing but the best . Your friend , Iceman
 
Hi @icep707

I ended up with major surgery on the knee. I was supposed to go in and have a straightforward procedure, stay in overnight and come home next day. Well minutes under 3 hours later, I came out of theatre!!! 7 days later I came out the hospital. All very odd. I was treated like royalty and on the 7th day, the registrar said that there was no hurry for me to go if my pain wasn't controlled enough. They're covering their backs well and truly.

It's back to square one with recovery. Two elbow crutches, taking it really easy. So strict orders and I'm doing it by the book xxxx problem is that I've been told I most likely will not be back at work by Christmas, which means my half pay stops. So no salary from January but Ice, my health has to come first.

My boss has reassured me about my job etc. She's coming out to see me next week xxx

Take care Ice

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Another rubbish night. I think all the bits and pieces in my knee are knitting together or something. The pain was quite bad last night again. Still didn't increase the morphine. Determined not to.

I'm dreadfully fed up and don't know what to do with myself. I pottered a little downstairs yesterday. I put a couple of newspapers in the bin, tidied the shoe rack up, I emptied the bathroom bin into a carrier bag but left it up there. Our stairs are very narrow, with a twist at the bottom and the top. It's hard enough as there is only a partial handrail on some uprights as you go up, then as you get to the twist you have to hold on to the base of the landing uprights, then the newels post. Nightmare really x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 Your stairs sound like the ones in my Mum's house -- so hard on the knees and everything else. I used to whip up and down them when I lived there and then when we visited and was out of practice I wondered how I ever managed.
You are in the hard part of recovery --not well enough yet to do things that are annoying you. It is so hard to ignore "stuff" that you think needs attending to --it's the lack of control when you are an "always in control" type of person. I have to really work on letting things be.... All I can suggest is to find a really good book and keep watching your old movies etc. You are way more important than "stuff" !
 
Hi @Chihuahuan

Thank you. You are right I have to slow down again. My knee is soon letting me know though. Ooh it does hurt sometimes. I need to nap now. I'm exhausted and overtired xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ann. You seem very down at the moment. I hope you're ok. Most of us go thru these feelings after an op and you have had a TKR with problems very few of us had then a revision all the time being in continual pain. My heart goes out to you ❤️ you've been such a support to so many people I want to come over and give you a big hug. I really hope you feel better soon Ann. Thinking of you and please feel better soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@robynhood you read me like a book, you really do. I cried when I read your post. You're just so kind. I think I upset someone on here earlier and I hadn't meant to. I sent her a private message apologising but we are in different time zones.

I've been a bit odd the last couple of days. It feels like suddenly things are catching up on me. I'm ultra tired cos I can't sleep. I've got clunking coming from the joint again and I'm scared something is going wrong with this. I'm worried about finances everything, especially January when I have no salary. My husband retired seven years ago at the age of 51. I've been the main

I have had a lot of trouble with my husband until yesterday when I blew up and told him straight that he was treating me like an unwanted pet. If he didn't love me any more, then once I was well enough I'd get the estate agent in. I told him I'm not prepared to live or be treated badly any more.

He wouldn't even come and pick me up out of hospital when I was discharged the other week because of the traffic, my eldest daughter had to do it. I had the shame and humiliation of phoning him all excited, during visiting time on the ward, that he could come for me, all he did was shout about the traffic and where did he have to park. I said I didn't know. He said you have to find out then And shouted more. People could hear every word and I was in tears. I hung up. The nurse came, pulled the curtains around me because obviously it was a small ward of 6 of us and people had heard him. The nurse hugged me and told me there was a delay due to pharmacy error and left. I rang him back and he was on his way screaming and swearing at some woman who'd cut him up at a traffic roundabout. I told him there was a delay and to go home and I'd get the eldest daughter to get me later. He was still shouting, demanding to know what time pharmacy would be done, that he was turning round now and going home, why was I crying. I said "you know what? Get lost" I hung up and broke down in tears. I rang my eldest daughter in bits. She went mad. She said I'll come now. So I got dressed behind the screen, wiped my face over, dried it and took a deep breath, pulling myself together. The nurse returned with a cup,of tea and pulled the screens back and told me pharmacy was sorted. She offered for me to stay another couple of nights in the ward but I declined. My daughter came a while later going crazy about him. Apparently he'd rung her five times and she ignored his calls. He'd left her a voicemail to say he'd go after all. He was in a panic because he knew he was in the wrong and our eldest daughter knew it too. She said he was unbelievable.

Well of course I'd made friends on the ward and they were mortified at what they'd heard. The lady opposite said how sorry she was that someone as cheerful and kind as me, has a husband like that. I said it was ok. It was the stress of him being thrown into a second role of caring. He thought he was getting away for a few days but because I ended up with major surgery, he couldn't.

Today's he's been great. Looked after me well and been a bit kinder. Daughters been tonight and that was nice.

I'm okay just a bit wobbly xxx

You see behind this happy, positive facade is a lot of unhappiness that I cover by using a positive attitude that blasts the misery away, oh and Prozac (Fluoxetine) x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just having a quick catch up Ann. Sorry things are a bit blah for you at the mo - but your knee does seem to be doing all the right things. Hurrah!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @Nana moon 27 Your post made me very sad. One you did not upset me in anyway. I can so relate to your story. People can appear so happy and deep inside not. I feel as women most of the time we are the care givers and take care of every one. Yet when it is time that we need care and help it what are you crazy. What you and yes myself need to know we are just as important as every body else. That is why I am concern for after my surgery as will have no help this time and well my husband well lets say I don't think he will be such a good care giver as my daughter in law was. But life goes on and will survive with God's help
 
Ann I'm so sorry. Bloody husbands sometimes. How I've been married 25 years is sometimes beyond me. Probably because of the kids. We have to take the good with the bad. I'm glad he's been better the last couple of days. What a terrible start to your homecoming tho. You've got a massive heart Ann I hope he realises what a diamond he's got. Dogwheels will be back soon. I'm sure that will cheer you up. Nite nite hope you sleep well ❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @robynhood, Pat, you cheer me up as well, don't forget that. I really enjoy our chats. I've been married 37 years (child bride) literally. Xxxx I wish my heart was a bit smaller it keeps getting bruised...that's the trouble see xxxx my closest friends who know him don't think he deserves me xxx he's not all bad really xxx just not a good nurse. He's so used to me being fit as a flea, independent, in control and getting on with life, this sudden, very drastic change has come as a shock to us both. It's a massive thing to get used to. Our lives have literally turned upside down xxx

Love Ann xxxx
 
What procedure was done and why ? 7 days in the hospital is a long time . And whats going on with your respiratory issues ? Just curious and out of the loop . Iceman
 
Back
Top Bottom